[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

@Andrey_Aleks :
What have you done and what happened?
Have you successfully flashed your modded BIOS?
Do you now see a disk drive named “PATA” within the BOOT section of the BIOS?
How did you try to install Windows 10 onto the NVMe SSD?

Hi Fernando. My GA-Z87X-D3H not recognize the UD3H MODDED BIOS with support nvme boot. Help me please!

@Wilkerxyz :
Why didn’t you modify the BIOS, which has been released by Gigabyte for your specific mainboard?

The current bios is F9 and does not support my pci-e nvme. I tried the bios of UD3H, but it is giving the error message BIOS CHECK ID ERROR.

I will try to modify the D3H model. Although I have not done this before hehe

@aleks

The BIOS just updated to the latest F23b BIOS I do not have.
The disk only in the OS sees how to store data in the boot, even after installing the OS no.
Install Windows 10 as written in post 4.

@Wilkerxyz :
If you are unsure regarding your BIOS modification, you can attach it as *.ZIP or *.RAR archive and we will do a look into it.

@Andrey_Aleks :
Although it is not easy to understand what you have done and what happened, I want to let you know, that the same offer I just have given to Wilkerxyz is valid for you as well.

@aleks

Here is the BIOS from the official site.

mb_bios_ga-z77-d3h_f23b.zip (3.75 MB)

mb_bios_ga-z77-d3h_f22.zip (3.74 MB)

@Andrey_Aleks :
I asked you for the BIOS, which has been modified by you, and not for the original (untouched) BIOS.

@aleks :

Sorry for the google translate question was,
There is somewhere a modified BIOS for this motherboard.

Do you write to yourself? My nickname is Fernando.

I didn’t ask for a BIOS, which has been modified by someone else. You should be able to insert the NVMe module by simply following my guide.
By the way: Only the flashing procedure is risky, not the BIOS modification itself.

@Fernando :

I apologize for the appeal do not judge strictly.
If only there was a second computer on which to make a mod.
And on the other experiment.

@Andrey_Aleks :
Why do you need a second computer to do the BIOS modification?
You can do it on every computer, which is running a Windows OS.

Another mainboard and now i really have a problem
Here is bios
https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles…ACER&SC=EMEA_20

As U can see in *.BAT files main command "afudos …\ROM\P11-B2.4M /p /b /n /r"
So i try to edit file P11-B2.4M and add NVMe but full size was too big, and small can’t be inserted, error “Error in inserting file”

I was able to get the module named “NvmExpressDxe_Small” inserted “as is” by using the AMI Aptio V MMTool v5.0.0.7.
The 4MB sized BIOS, which has been modded by me, is attached. You may use it at own risk.
Good luck!

P11-B2_modbyfernando.rar (2.11 MB)

Thanks, i used MMTool 4.50.0.23, i will try it soon

I recently did a bios mod working on my GA B75M D3H and it works perfectly but I had to create a thread as I did not know what I did wrong which was then fixed by lost bios. I figured that I ran my windows install on a new nvme drive with my current hdd windows install attached so it did not make a boot loader, the easy fix was just to download easyuefi and rebuild the bcd and create a partition for it on my nvme drive and it works great! I should have listened!

@Duncan494 :
I’m also with that B75M-D3H and a Plextor M8SeY 1TB but I can not get it to recognize it bios even though I have a beta gigabyte bios that also supports it, have you tried with that bios F16_GC?

@laranje - are you sure that BIOS supports NVME? I don’t think you ever see NVME In BIOS by name

@Fernando
Sorry, I’m addressing about the BIOS mod, I inserted the NvmExpress_Small.ffs module because I was the first to give an error message that I had a large one, modified the BIOS, reshooted, everything seemed to be normal, the only thing I immediately cloned the OS and started all turned off all the disks.
OS Windows 10 Pro x64 migration did progammy IntelDataMigrationSoftware everything started well, I decided to make a clean installation.
When reinstalling found that the program IntelData created one disk partition 128 mb instead 16 mb because the installer Windows automatically divides them 499,100,16 mb,
in general with such automatic separation Windows I rebooted to the blue screen at the beginning of a new installation, I had to clone again OS.
The cloned distribution yields 128,499,100 mb and then it starts from disk SSD NVME.