[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

@voodoo5_6k :
The free variant of the tool NTLite has no problems with the integration of MS Hotfixes into the boot.wim and install.wim of any Win7 ISO file.
If the tool WinSetupFromUSB doesn’t work for you, I recommend to use the tool Rufus instead.

Hi!

Is it possible to force NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs or NvmExpressDxe_Small.ffs to be loaded from the EFI system partition? In order not to modify the EFI firmware (especially since I have a Gigabyte Hybride BIOS), which is not able to start Win 7 from NVMe.

Best Regards, Roman.

@Propretor :
Hello Roman,
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Without an NVMe EFI BIOS module you will not be able to boot off the NVMe SSD (only exception: Samsung’s 950 PRO SSD).
The later installation of Win7 onto the NVMe SSD is not a big problem, when you have integrated the related MS NVMe Hotfix.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello Dieter!
Thank you so much for answering me so quickly.
EFI part on SATA SSD, It is loaded first.
Win7 part on NVMe SSD.
I would very much like to realize the possibility of such a Win7 boot scheme.
Best Regards, Roman.

Found the ready universal NvmExpressDxe-64.efi driver.
But how to make it downloadable from the EFI section? Without a DUET or CLOVER?

Then you will have to insert the required NVMe module into the BIOS and to flash it.

Where did you find the “ready universal NvmExpressDxe-64.efi driver”, for which purpose to you want to use it and what means “make it downloadable from the EFI section”?

Hi!
I have a Hybride BIOS from Gigabyte and Z68.
There is no way to introduce NVME DXE there.
https://github.com/athlonreg/Clover_Buil…pressDxe-64.efi
During the EFI SATA SSD boot, I want to make NvmExpressDxe-64.efi bootable after which, in theory, it should provide access to Win7 NVMe SSD.
Regards.

@Propretor :
If it should not be possible to insert any NVMe EFI module into the BIOS of your mainboard, you cannot use the related guide and have posted into the wrong resp. not matching thread.
In this case you may have to use another method to get the NVMe SSD been usable as system drive by booting off the EFI partiton of another disk or USB drive (look >here<, >here< and >here<).

Thanks

@Propretor - Gigabyte UEFI Z68 BIOS (BIOS starting with .u extension) can have NVME inserted as normally done per this guide. Also, there is a few that Gigabyte directly made NVME compatible too.
Several post already by you and still no mention of your motherboard model, so I can’t help more right now

Hello all,
I have notebook samsung np940x3g-k01us bios p05acj and ssd samsung 970pro(MZ-V7P512BW)
after installing the ssd, the laptop does not see it … he writes: SATA Port1-Not installed.
Do I need to make a modification of the BIOS? I have file BIOS ITEM_20140901_21421_WIN_P05ACJ.exe (UEFITool_v0.25.1—Don’t open it!)
Many thanks for the replies. please help me.

@ura535 :
Here is my comment:
1. According to my knowlewdge your notebook natively has only a SATA connected SSD. So I doubt, that any NVMe SSD will work after the insertion into the related SATA port.
2. The UEFITool can open and customize all “pure” AMI UEFI BIOSes, but not the Installer (= *.exe file), which is offered by Samsung. So you have to extract the real BIOS from the Installer package as first step.

this is my native ssd: https://www.compeve.com/computer-hardwar…tate-drive-sata

do you think will not work?
Thanks.

It depends on the connection of the M.2 port of your notebook. If only SATA is supported, you will not be able to get any NVMe SSD working with it.
Look into the manual of your notebook or ask the ASUS Technical support, whether an NVMe SSD is supported at all by the M.2 port of your notebook. If yes, you may have to flash a modded BIOS, which contains the required NVMe module.

Thanks, Fernando, for your excellent guide. Like another user in this thread, I was able to get an old Asus P8B WS board (Sandy Bridge CPU) going with one of the fastest drives newly on the market.

However, and please excuse me for not reading through all 280 pages of this thread, I’m wondering if there would be a significant drive performance increase if I put an Ivy Bridge CPU in this machine? The drive is running about half the speed it would be at in a modern system. Ivy bridge introduced faster PCI-E 3.0; my board is compatible.

ADATA SX8200PNP_512GB_1GB-20190215-2241.png

@Fernando ,Today called in Samsung and they said that the disk should work on my laptop.
I have an American version of a laptop.I managed to read the BIOS from my laptop.

I received a bios file in a format (.rom NVMe_AmericanMegatrendsInc.-P05ACJ.128.140819.dg.rom ) Now I can not find the information with which program I can write this file in the BIOS?
Here report for aida64extreme( Motherboard):
--------[ AIDA64 Extreme ]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version AIDA64 v5.99.4900
Benchmark Module 4.3.793-x64
Homepage http://www.aida64.com/
Report Type Report Wizard
Computer SAMSUNG
Generator becas_000
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 6.2.9200.16581 (Win8 RTM)
Date 2019-02-17
Time 11:22

--------[ Motherboard ]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard Properties:
Motherboard ID 63-0100-000001-00101111-121412-Chipset$ACJ536_BIOS DATE: 08/19/14 09:42:09 VER: 04.06.05
Motherboard Name Samsung NP940X3G

Front Side Bus Properties:
Bus Type BCLK
Real Clock 100 MHz
Effective Clock 100 MHz

Memory Bus Properties:
Bus Type Dual DDR3 SDRAM
Bus Width 128-bit
DRAM:FSB Ratio 24:3
Real Clock 800 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 1600 MHz
Bandwidth 25600 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties:
Bus Type Intel Direct Media Interface v2.0

@dlxmax :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback! It is fine, that you succeeded and can now boot off an NVMe SD.

There will be a measurable increase, but I doubt, that you will realize it while doing your daily work with the PC.

You should not write, but just insert the complete NVMe module into the BIOS. The usable tools to do it are mentioned and linked within my guide (= start post of this thead).

I had in mind the modified BIOS firmware to import a laptop program.

@ura535 :
The first step is the modification of the original BIOS file by using the UEFITool or the AMI Aptio IV MMTool, the second step is the flashing procedure of the modded BIOS into the BIOS chip of your notebook.
For the latter you should read the start post of >this< thread and post the related BIOS flashing questions there.

Hello,
I bought a Samsung M2 970 evo plus ssd and tried it on my MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX with a PCIE adapter, but it wasn’t detected at all.
So I saw this thread and decided to try to add the nvme module in my bios.
I exported my current bios (E7815IMS.1A0), opened it with UEFITool, and inserted NvmExpressDxe_4 (I also tried the small version).
Both seems to be inserted without error. I exported it as a .rom file (E7815IMS.1A0.rom), and renamed it E7815IMS.1A0 as the original (a youtube comment said that worked).
Then I flash it, the process goes to the end and the computer reboots.
Everything works as before, but the ssd is still not detected in windows 10, diskpart, and the board explorer in bios is still showing the pcie slot as empty.

I don’t know what to do now.
Thanks if you can help