[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

hmm so i have a problem, my bios dont detect the transcend ssd, i think the problem are in the pci port or the adapter
im using a pci-e 3.0 x4 and i connect in my board on my pci-e x16 dont understand why my bios dont detect this transcend ssd @fernando

@RYZON :
Why connect sata to psi? Maybe the problem is this? Connect your Transcend SSD to the SATA port, then check.

@s1me - did you dump BIOS and then modify it first, then try to flash with FPT? If yes, OK. You may still have two options, first the easy one >>> put system to sleep (S3) for one minute, then resume and try to again flash via FPT.
If you still get error 280, then make a DOS Bootable USB, and run this program from DOS (Try prr2 first, then if no luck try prr) - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?filā€¦225703698819217 (hereā€™s how to make bootable DOS USB if you are not sure, follow steps 1-4)
Then after you run PRR/PRR2, boot to windows, try to FPT flash again. If that fails, I can remove this lock, but only in BIOS you would have to put on by programmer or other AFU mod method.
And, when using FPT, always be sure you are running from an Admin command prompt. Select folder that contains FPTw.exe, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell)

Did you already try this exact AFU method, check this guide download the attached files, but only pay attention to the flash mod BIOS method using AFU in last spoiler (Basically, you flash stock BIOS in normal manner in windows, then without reboot flash your mod BIOS (normal one, not FPT Dump modified)
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/592ā€¦r-motherboards/

If that AFU Fails, try both of these versions (included cmd line utility and GUI version), try V5 first and then V4 last. Youā€™re BIOS is V4 type, but this V5 may work for you
If you find one that opens and works, make a backup first as test functionality. Then, use the same method as above, flash stock BIOS first then without reboot flash your mod BIOS.
With all AFU Methods, use your normal Asus downloaded UBU modified stock BIOS file, not the FPT created dump (only use that with FPT)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?filā€¦995331083887145

@RYZON :
There are on-board M.2 ports, which do support either
a) only the NVMe protocol or
b) only the AHCI protocol or
c) both of them.
Please look into your mainboard manual, which data transfer protocol(s) the on-board M.2 ports do support.
The easiest way to find it out, whether the BIOS detects an attached SSD or not, is to boot into the installed OS (located on another HDD/SSD) and to run the Windows Disk Management. If it shows the related M.2 connected SSD, the BIOS has it detected as well.

@ivanvalerich :
An M.2 SSD, which supports the AHCI protocol, cannot be connected to any of the on-board SATA ports.

@Fernando @100PIER
Hey guys, I managed to confirm successful flash of modded bios via ntfs formatted stick for Asus P8Z77-V mbo. Still donā€™t have NVME ssd, but reading your posts it occurred to me I could do a bios dump with AFU and check it for NVME support files. Saved bios dump it and loaded into MMTool. NvmExpressDxe_4 is present in the bios. See attached screenshot.

biosdump.JPG

The UBU tool should also detect the presence of the NVMe module just before to display the Main Menu.

Thank you.
I must admit Iā€™m confused now. Here are screenshots from UBU, before main manu and main menu, canā€™t see NVMe.
Never worked with UBU before, just ran it and canā€™t see anything regarding NVMe. Mind, you, I donā€™t have NVME ssd connected yet, this is all from bios dumped after modding it and flashing to mbo.
Now Iā€™m even more confused, I loaded bios dump into UEFITool 0.26 and also can see NvmeExpress_Dxe_4 there. Screenshot attached.
So both recommended tools (MMTool And UEFITool) for bios modding in guide from this thread show NVMe module succesfully inserted into bios, but UBU doesnā€™t?

UBU_before_menu.JPG

UBU_main_menu.JPG

UefiTool.JPG

@Maat236 :
Maybe the UBU tool wasnā€™t able to detect the NVMe module of your BIOS.
These are the pictures, when the UBU tool has detected the inserted NvmExpressDxe_4 EFI module :

NVMe module detection by UBU.png

NVMe UBU Menu.png

@Fernando
Thank you!
Do you think itā€™s only a detection problem with UBU for some reason, or you suspect there is something more I should do with bios and flash again?
Iā€™ve followed guide for modding to the letter, and it was really easy and went without a hitch due to excellent instructions.

@Maat236
Please attach or link to the BIOS file, whose NVMe module hasnā€™t been detected by the UBU tool.

Here it is. I saved it with AFUWinx64.
I tested it with UBU at work, on different PC, I didnā€™t have time to do it at home on PC with that mbo. But I donā€™t think it should matter on what machine Iā€™m analysing it with tool.
Thank you in advance
Could not upload here, too large a file.
Here is link for Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kke_2N-ā€¦iew?usp=sharing

thanks @Fernando and @ivanvalerich for the reply but my board (msi z87 m power) dont have M.2 ports, only have sata and msata port, so i am using this transcend ssd only to test if works because if works i will buy a nvme ssd, and this transcend ssd have windows 10 installed and i boot in other disk and the Windows Disk Management dont show it, so i dont understand, my pci ports dont detect ssdā€™s? only graphic cards?

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted post removed (to save space)

No, the PCIe slots will support both kinds of M.2 SSDs (NVMe and AHCI ones).
I thought, that your mainboard has M.2 ports.

@Maat236 :
The UBU tool definitively detects the NVMe module within your dumped BIOS.
Here is the proof:

NVMe module detected.png

NVMe module detected Pic2.png

EDIT: The reason why your used UBU tool didnā€™t show the NVMe module was, that it is completely outdated (UBU v1.53). Only the latest UBU tool platform from v1.71 up do support this feature.

@Fernando :
i will try to test this adapter in other PC

@Fernando
Thank you so much!
I see now that Iā€™ve been using the older UBU version (1.53), that must be the reason.
Just downloaded UBU 1.73.1 and got the same results as you, NVME module successfully detected.
Sorry for bothering you and thank you again for your help.

For my P8Z77-V mboard I get:

UBU_v1.73.1_with_MMTool_a4_16apr19.PNG

Please Asus z87 plus mod. Cheers

@outlawist
Everything you need to know is in the 1st post of this thread. Ask for help if you have any problems. Itā€™s really not difficult.

Hello everyone , i have read your instruction but i have a problem , i canā€™t find ā€œpureā€ source BIOS file . What is it and Where can i get it ?
Thanks