[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

@Marco_Drummer :
Here are my answers:

1. Go to the HP Support page for your system, download the latest BIOS and - if it is only offered as Installer (*.exe file), try to extract the “pure” BIOS file.
  2. Yes, the guide about how to modify the BIOS and about how to get Win10 installed onte an NVMe SSD, is within the start post of this thread.
  3. If HP should just offer a BIOS Installer, but no “pure” BIOS file, you should ask someone else for help regarding the problem to get the modded BIOS properly flashed. Our team member Lost_N_BIOS knows more than me about how to solve such problem.

Hello,

It seems like I’m not doing the correct request or question, sorry for that… I will proceed to do it right, thx.

Hi bro , can i get the g1 sniper 5 modded nvme bios… thanks

@alexkow0211 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
This thread is designed for users, who want to do the BIOS modification themself by following the related step-by-step Guide (= start post).
If you want to get an already NVMe modified BIOS for your specific mainboard, you should post your request into >this< Sub-Forum.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Which adapter do you advice for a Kingston A2000 500GB? I’ve seen a Supageek SG-123

@vicenç: The choice of an M.2>PCIe adapter doesn’t depend on the manufacturer or model of the M.2 SSD. You can take any adapter which works.

Hello. I can’t add nvme support to the bios of the Asus Sabertooth 990fx/gen3 R2.0 motherboard. please Upload the finished firmware file. Thank you in advance.

@Ksenobot :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
I haven’t written the Guide with the intention to do the BIOS modification myself.
If you are not able or willing to follow my guide and to insert the NVMe module into the BIOS, you should better start a request thread within >this< Sub-Forum, but don’t forget to give the thread a short, but meaningful title and to attach the BIOS you want to get modified as *.ZIP archive.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello,

I have been using Windows 7 from an SATA SSD until now before I got a Toshiba NVME SSD with the serial number of nvme thnsn5512gpuk nv from my broken laptop. I planned to install Windows 10 on it.

Following "[Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS," I have seemingly succeeded in injecting the NVME supporting hotfix into the BIOS. I subsequently flashed the BIOS to my ASUS Maximus VII Hero mobo with i7 4790K using USB Flashback feature of the mobo to flash the modded BIOS. The process was a success, and I did end up seeing entries beginning "PATA" from my BIOS. However, the windows installation program still prompts me saying that it cannot boot from the NVME drive. I have attached the original and the modded BIOS files below. Can someone please help me? Thank you very much!

MODDED.zip (5.57 MB)

MAXIMUS-VII-HERO-ASUS-3503 (1).zip (5.56 MB)

Whoops. I just realized that I have to boot from a USB drive for it to work normally. Never mind! Admin, please delete my request if that is something that can be done. Nevertheless, thanks for the help within this forum!

Hi guys!
I have the same problem with my PCI-E SSD drive.
I have this motherboard: /Xeon/C600/X9DRW-iF.cfm
I have this PCI-e SSD:AORUS-RGB-AIC-NVMe-SSD-512GB#kf
Am I right that I should modify my BIOS? Will it works or not?
Could you help me with it or I can’t use this drive for boot?
P.S. I can find my drive on installed windows and work with it, but I can’t boot from it and I can’t install windows: “windows cannot be installed to this disk. this computer’s hardware may not support booting”

@mazzahaker

Insertion of NVMe mod with MMtool4 on bios 913

Will it work? Thats not a question to put due to a non official mod, dont u think?
Only a report from a user can give an answer to that.

Follow the guide and the choice/risk is all yours…as all others users have done it.

Edit: It should work with ur C602 chipset

OK, I modified my BIOS file and I have no PAD-file. In instruction said that I should public it here:

12321231312.JPG

What’s next?
Thanks!

EDIT by Fernando: Attached picture directly inserted

@mazzahaker :
If you would have followed MeatWar’s advice using AMI’s MMTool v4.50 for the insertion of the NVMe module, everything would have been fine.
As you can see here, the Pad-files are still present after the insertion of the NVMe module:

BIOS modded with MMTool.png

@Fernando
Really interesting.
Khm, If you have already insered it to my BIOS, Could you share it with me, please?
I’ll be super grateful for it.
Thanks!

@mazzahaker :
Which BIOS modding tool did you use?

Yes, I have tested it with your specific mainboard BIOS, but I will not share my modded BIOS. Since you now know what to do resp. which tool to use, it will be very easy for you to modify the BIOS correctly yourself.
Good luck for the flashing procedure and Happy New Year!

Hi again!
I have used AMI’s MMTool 4.50.0023 with NvmExpressDxe_4
Now I have this pic (in attach).
I opened my BIOS, found CSMCORE, lighted it and insered *.ffs to BIOS.
After it I’ve checked and found that I have the same BIOS but with NVM entity via UEFITOOL
Thanks for your help and have Happy New Year!
It’s really cool project!
I’ll try to firmware it tomorrow.

12321231312.JPG

???????? 2020-12-29 19.46.53.png

Hi friends.
I have tried to add the NVME module to my BIOS ( My motherboard is an Asus Z87 Deluxe QUAD). I have follwed the steps of the guide, but I got the follwing error when the Asus EZ Flash 2 Utility tries to read it:
"Security Verification Failed"

I have also tried to use the cap from hancor of this thread “[OFFER] ASUS Z87-DELUXE-QUAD updated BIOS v2103 NVMe mod” but i got the same error.
I attach the original BIOS and the modified one.

Could you help me?
Thank you so much

EDIT by Fernando: This post has been restored by me

Z87DQ_mod.zip (5.26 MB)

Z87-DELUXE-QUAD-ASUS-2103_original.zip (5.25 MB)

@ketchup : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Meanwhile I have checked your modded BIOS and found, that you inserted the NVMe module correctly.
The error message you got while trying to flash the modded BIOS via EZ Flash Utility is normal. You obviously haven’t known, that a modded ASUS UEFI BIOS cannot be flashed the “normal” way by using the EZ tool.
Since I suspect, that your DeLuxe mainboard supports the “USB Flashback” feature, you will have no problem, if you use it correctly. For details look into your mainboard manual and into the start post of >this< thread.
Good luck and Happy New Year!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Did u read the guide??? Dont think so…read again.

Edit: Ur savior Fernando was faster…he has a good heart