[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

I know, thanks to Lost_N_BIOS was for an important entry # 5904, I wouldn’t be able to do without it. Thanks again.

Ok, there is modified BIOS for Asus p8p67 pro available in offers (3602 BIOS)
But I wonder if it will work with BIOS v2303 (smhw I’ve bought B2 stepping in late 2012). I mean not flashing this exact mod 3602 BIOS ofc but to mod 2303 based on this 3602.
Is there a chance B3 stepping nvme support differs from B2? (Maybe it’s kinda stupid question but it’s better to be sure before potentially bricking mb)
Maybe nvme support brings some dependencies 2303 doesn’t have or smth.
Unfortunately it’s not that easy to read hex (and understand much) dumps to research myself

@fastorik : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
This is the thread for users, who are willing to do the required work themselves. By the way - it is much easier and safer to follow my guide (= start post of this thread) than to transfer parts of an already modded BIOS into another one.
So if you don’t want to follow the instructions layed down in the first post of this thread, you should better look or post your specific request into >this< thread.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Got it. Just have seen that a lot of ppl extracting nvme modules from existing MB for some reason but if you say those modules in topic header are kinda common for all MBs with efi then ok

@Fernando
I’ll be honest with you, i made it 4 times ! i’ml not new in pc business, but, i’m a little bit oldschool, and not having a “simple” software to flash, maybe even in bommand prompt, puzzled me more than i expected.

anyway , after repeating the “noob” steps, for the firth time IT WORKED !
what i did is:
* DL the last bios available from ASUS
* NOT extracting the .ROM, from the CAP, and working Directly on the .CAP ( because my flashing method wanted .cap )
* inserted your full sized nvme module
* flashing with the AISuite trick, with replacing the original file with the modded .cap, before clicking “flash”
* Fitting the NVME SSD PCIe adapter, and it popped right away in the bios !

EXCELLENT ! i can keep my maintenance rig for some more years now ! Thanks you all !

Sorry for the inconvenience, and tanks again for that great tip ! :smiley:

@fastorik :

The insertion of 3 NVMe modules, which were previously extracted from the BIOS of a newer mainboard model, was the procedure I used in June 2015, when I discovered the first time the possibility to get full NVMe support for old Intel chipset systems (look >here<).
Meanwhile we know, that only 1 NVMe module is required and can be used by natively not supported BIOSes. Another reason why I recommend to insert one of the NVMe modules, which are offered within the start post, is the fact, that they do support the currently latest NVMe data transfer protocol standard.

hello Fernando.You’re right. I have successfully modded Bios asus H81M-E and test them:
1.NvmExpressDxE Fernando module provide it here this.
2. With 3 modules extracted from Bios asus H97M-E: Nvme.ffs, NvmeSmm.ffs and NVMEINT13.ffs.
The results of both Bios successfully modded above are no different.

H81M-E.rar (4.56 MB)

@ChauHuy : You were just lucky, that
a) your specific original BIOS had enough available space within the "DXE Driver Volume" for the insertion of all 3 modules (only the one named "Nvme" would have been required) and
b) the previously extracted NVMe modules were obviously quite up-to-date.

Hello,
I used NvmExpressDxe_Small.ffs and finally was able to install Win10 on nvme but keep getting bsod. I think it has to do with bios. I attach screenshots. Windows Boot Manager it nvme.

G771JM screenshot.zip (3.3 MB)

Hello!

I wonder if someone could help me confirm that i managed to insert the nvme module correctly into the bios of my P8Z68-V Pro Gen3.
I’m a bit scared to flash this without someone else’s eyes on it :smiley:

I will upload both the modded bios and the original one.

Thanks for making this guide @Fernando ! And everyone else helping out :slight_smile:

nvme-p8z68-v-pro-gen3-asus-3802n.rar (4.08 MB)

P8Z68-V-PRO-GEN3-ASUS-3802N.zip (4.34 MB)

@Dziubek : According to my knowledge your BSOD problems are caused by a hardware issue and not by your modded BIOS.
For details and possible solutions please look into >this< report.

@Ongaskonga : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
I have compared the original and your modded BIOS and didn’t find any mistake.
Good luck for the flashing procedure!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello.
My Lenovo C30 Workstation I can’t Boot NVMe Pcie x4 .
How to download bios software support NVME Adapter
Thank you for answer :relieved:

@BC_PC : Welcome to the Win-AID Forum!

It is not easy to understand what you mean. An adapter is hardware and cannot be downloaded.
If you are unsure regarding the result of your BIOS modding, please attach the original and your modded BIOS as *.zip archive(s).
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Fernando, I tried o install windows in my PC Dell but i can´t see de SSD option in BIOS setup. Could you help us to modify the BIOS to enable the SSD to install windows there? Thank you !

@JIvadei7U6 : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
This is the thread for users, who want to modify their mainboard BIOS their own. >Here< is the location for BIOS modding requests. By the way - I generally do not modify BIOSes on request.
An easy step-by-step guide about how to get full NVMe support for old systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS is within the start post of this thread. If you are unsure about the result of your BIOS modding procedure, I will check your work (need the original and your modded BIOS).
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Since my Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H rev.1.0 mainboard doesn’t support booting off an NVMe SSD, I need a modded BIOS.
Can you help me?

EDIT by Fernando: The above text was written by me, because the autor posted his request into >this< not matching thread (the MVP BIOS is different from the non-MVP one).

@mrplamp : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Waiting for the link or for Lost_N_BIOS may be wasted time. Why don’t you modify the BIOS yourself? >Here< is the guide.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando youre the original champ right? its an honour, thank you for really pioneering this free hw upgrade for us who cant upgrade at whim!

trying at the mo bro, but i havent slept and im scared im gona brick, il take it ez , if you know anywhere to access the file though, please hitme up. normally id welcome this , but its been along 2months with work. thanks b

@mrplamp : If you are unsure regarding the result of your own BIOS modification, post it into the linked thread and attach the original and your modded BIOS. Then I will check them and give you more security for the flashing procedure.

will do, thanks alot