[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

I did insert it at the end of volume 2 and flashed it with success onto the mainboard.

The flashed file is attached below, for anybody who needs it.
A68N-5600E-UEFI-WITHNVME.zip (2.3 MB)

Enjoy it and thank you for sharing, all the best.

@Julian1
Thanks for your feedback!

Does this mean, that you are now able to install Win10/11 onto the NVMe SSD and to boot off it thereafter?

I haven’t tried with any windows, but I successfully installed Debian 12.4 onto the NVMe. It does boot from the NVMe without any problem at all.

1 Like

hi fernando, when I first came across this forum while trying to figure out my problem, I was very surprised by your competence in this area. Having read a lot from you, I want to share with you this handicraft experience of a not entirely experienced user who encountered the problem of AHCI RAID and other incompatibilities.
and I settled on the fact that in my system where the disks operate in SATA AHCI mode STARTING WITH A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS, setting this parameter in the BIOS, for a stable operating system when installing drivers, you cannot do without this driver Intel(R) 300 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
although it refers to intel rapid storage tec
and where is this truth? I suffered for 2 years trying to achieve a smooth picture and dynamically fast mouse response in the system in order to comfortably play QUAKE CHAMPIONS

@NafRaid
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
To be able to help you, I need some information:

1. What has your request to do with the topic of this thread?
  2. Which mainboard (manufacturer/model) is within your PC/laptop?
  3. Which Windows OS do you use or want to get installed?
  4. About which Intel(R) 300 Series Chipset Family AHCI driver version are you talking?

Hi, I got Zbook 17 G2,
I followed your guide and i saw a change in the modified bios. I’m not sure that I should flash the bios, it deleted a padding " Non-UEFI data" from original file.
Thank advance

Witch usually is not a good sign and you can get a death system
 even worst HP and in latest bios 01.26 Rev.A May 8, 2020 may i ask how do you intend to flash the bios mod?

EDIT: Sorry my bad, i meant “intend to”.

@vuminh224
Which BIOS modding tool did you use?
The NVMe module should have been inserted below the SataDriver module.

It still deleted the NON-UEFI data if I tried below the SataDriver.
Even with the small file, it still deleted it.

I use UEFITool 0.28.0

I don’t understand what you mean pretend, I think I only have 1 shot before the ch341a ( which is a little bit complicated )

Try the insertion of the NVMe module by using the MMTool.
By the way - typing a DXE moduke like the SataDriver “Application” (done by HP) is absolutely wrong and irritating!

MMTool isn’t compatible with this file bios. It said the input image is not Aptio V
Moreover, I found out the bios has 2 volumes which have same names, contains almost same of DXE drivers ( I suppose because the list is long ) but both of them have non uefi data.
The bios is quite strange and not straight forward.

@vuminh224
Please give us a link to the extracted pure BIOS file.

Which MMTool version did you use?

Sorry for being late.
Here’s the link to the bios: Upload Files | Free File Upload and Transfer Up To 20 GB
I extracted from HP : Station de travail mobile HP ZBook 17 G2 Téléchargement de logiciels et pilotes | Assistance HPŸ

I used the same version you said in thread

@vuminh224
Your linked file doesn’t contain a “clean” AMI AptioIV or AptioV UEFI BIOS (cannot be opened by any AMI Aptio MMTool).
I cannot help you.

Hi all.

Folowing these steps, I could update my Asus P8H67-V to boot though a NVME on a PCIe slot.

I’d like to thank you all for your hard work, and for sharing this knowledge. I’d like to share my personal experience, in case it helps anyone with the same build:

Some of you may know that the H67 chipset has a flaw that affects the 3Gbps SATA ports, leaving them non functional (Link). My MB has this fault, so, I have only 2 SATA 6Gbps ports available.

I have 2 HDs for backup and 1 SSD fo OS. The SSD connected via SATA 6Gbps and the HDs via PCIe adapter. No problem so far. Then, I wanted to change my SSD for a NVME, so I bought a PCIe X4 adapter
 that’s when it all started

I wanted to leave the HDs on the SATA ports, and the NVME with OS on PCIe. When I couldn’t boot the OS from PCIe, I started to search for solutions, and then i ended up in this forum.

As I was afraid to mod the bios, first I tried the Clover solution, and I could boot the flash drive and use the Clover menus, but for some reason it woudn’t load the NVME drivers, or recognize the NVME drive. So I decided to to the bios mod.

My MB bios version was 0712 and I updated it untill 3506. There are 05 newer versions on Asus site, but all of them give me the “image integrity check failed” message when trying to update, so I left it as it was.

After update it to the original 3506 bios, I did the mod, no PAD stuff, updated the moded bios, no surprises during the proces, and the rest went smoothly.

I can’t imagine all the research and trials it took you guys to make this so easy to follow guide. So again, thanks for all you efforts, that helped some Brazilian guy 9 years later.

:grinning:

1 Like

Hi. I would also like to try your bios with my board. Any chance you could wetransfer it and pm me the link?
Or if you could explain the process of adding the ffs file? Is it done with the MMTool?

@MasterOne
Thats a post from 2019 and last time that user was seen was back 2021
 why don’t you try the guide yourself.

Hi
Theoretically, I can do the BIOS file for your motherboard.
I have to look for the associated
Software.
It requires the exact type of motherboard.