[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

@Pyves :
If you are not sure, whether your mainboard or your SSD is faulty, it may be not a good idea to RMA the drive.
Why don’t you temporarily remove the NVMe SSD from your system and try to boot thereafter?
If you should then be able to enter the BIOS, you will have more security about which device (MB or SSD) may be faulty.

after i searched for DXE and clicking on any line from down messeges i got lost check if im ok so far

dxe result.jpg

after clicking down.jpg

i scrolled up till region now what to do or where to click ? thanks for trying to help

go up.jpg

@kilzo :
According to your screenshots the name (GUID) of the last listed DXE Driver begins with "2F4DDD35-".
So you should insert the NVMe module beyond (after) this DXE Driver.

thanks its working
MB : asus maximus vi hero Z87
SSD : m.2 samsung 960 pro
using PCI M.2 ADAPTER : asus hyper m.2 x4

modded my bios
flashed it in my MB
disabled CSM and SECURITY

booted into USB that got Windows 10 ISO on it
and its done

bench.jpg

ps: thanks Fernando

@Fernando
Thanks for the advice.
My system works fine with a SATA HDD or SSD.
I tried another NVMe SSD, the Corsair MP500, and the result is the same. I think it’s an hardware incompatibility or something like that, maybe causing by the Asus mPCIe adapter.

I’ll finally take a good SATA SSD. It’s not a real problem as I just realize that my mainboard is limited to PCIe 2.0 1x, so I might have identical or almost identical performances with a SATA 6Gb.
Unless I can find an M.2 SATA 6gb SSD.
Any advice about that?

my benchmark dropped from 3k to 2k any reason ? how to fix ?

bencho.jpg

EDIT by Fernando: Fully quoted own post removed (to save space)

That is quite normal - the first benchmark results are very often the best.
Furthermore there are better benchmark tools available than Samsung’s Magician.

Working on
MB : Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0
SSD : samsung 960

got ‘security verification failed’ (done this many times before, never had an issue). tried the flashback method, nothing, so tried in bios ‘easyflash’, and got the message. how would i avoid this? when first saving the modded bios,do i name it identically as the non modded, then use the asus tool (never have in the past, always renamed to 'R4G.cap manually)? should i use an older tool, not the first one mentioned?
asus rampage gene IV, using the latest bios from asus site

@m0reilly :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

This message indicates, that you have made a mistake either while modding the BIOS or while flashing it.
Regarding the latter option: You have to flash the BIOS by using the USB Flashback method and to follow exactly the related ASUS rules.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

i checked the modded file prior to formatting the usb drive (fat32). i’ve done this many times before. trying it again. so should i name the modded file as the original was, then use the asus tool (not manually rename)? no warnings re too large, etc.,so not sure why security issue…

@m0reilly :
You have to rename the BIOS file according to the ASUS rules, to connect the USB Flash Drive to the special USB Flashback port and to hit the USB Flashback button.

that was done…

notice a message before retrying insertion:
"parseImageFile: Aptio capsule signature may become invalid after image modifications". something for me to address?

is this correct? still no luck. i await others uploads (rampage gene IV).

how does one post pics? upload errors out…

That warning message is telling you that the capsule file will become invalid after modding and that is why you guys with Asus bios’s have to do the Flashback usb technique.

Also please keep your replies concise and not double or triple post. Edit your message if you have to.

i did the prescribed flash method because i have used this board since 2012, please read what i have entered. please then offer a valid response, thanks.

"That warning message is telling you that the capsule file will become invalid after modding"
so this would negate the locus of the thread for me, but then why have others had success re
same board, possible warning? can you please clarify your statement, thanks.

oh, when attempting uploading images in posts, i get ‘something went terribly wrong (file name).png’. i’d like to be able to share my attempts and failures w/the community, thanks.

@m0reilly :
Nearly all mainboard manufacturers protect their UEFI BIOSes against any modification and the protection is commonly layed down within the capsule. All users, who open such BIOS by using a tool like UEFITool, will get a message like you.
That is why you cannot flash a modded BIOS by using the "normal" flashing procedures. To circumvent the ‘security verification failed’ message, you have to flash the modded ASUS BIOS by using the USB Flashback method.

>Here< is a guide about how to do it.