HP EliteDesk 705 G4 (Q15, Q16 and Q19) version differences

I have an HP EliteDesk 705 G4 Small Form Factor Ryzen 5 Pro 2400G with Bios 02.10.00. I wanted to upgrade the unit to Ryzen 7 2700 so I got one. Installed the processor and added a Quadro K620, the unit won’t POST, no error beeps. So I thought the unit only works with Ryzen Pro processors so I was able to source a Ryzen 7 Pro 2700, installed the processor and added a Quadro K620 unfortunately same problem, No POST and no Error beeps.

Would anyone be familiar with the said issue? Is it an AMD microcode issue?

I extracted the latest BIOS available in HP support site, I noticed there were Q15, Q16 and Q19 image files. Based on the BIOS page of my unit, the one I have is a Q16, I assume the Q19 version is the latest and would support the Ryzen 7 Pro 2700 I have how would I go about doing this?

I have an CH341 programmer, I read and saved the BIOS chip on my unit I would like to try Q19 image. What is the proper way to get information like MAC add, serial nos etc from my backup image to the Q19 image? Do I just copy paste them? Is it safe to flash the Q19 image directly using the CH341 programmer?

I downloaded UBU Tool so I can have a copy of AMD mcodes to compare

Q16 will not have any Ryzen 7 Pro microcode CPUID 800F82
Q19 has the entire Ryzen 7 Pro microcode CPUID 800F82

Looks like it is a microcode issue but I’d like to know how to safely go about before I flash with a programmer. I don’t want to lose relevant information mac address etc probably the Win 10 keys as well.

Im also the same problem, i have Q16 bios, did succesful after updating its microcode.

Would you please tell me how you managed to do it? I’m in the exact same spot. I’m using the machine for virtualization and wanted to upgrade to Ryzen 7 Pro 2700. Upgraded the BIOS, but it stayed on Q16. The exact same machine is being sold with the Ryzen 7 processor, so it’s a vendor lock situation only.

Hi ChesterLP, I’m sorry but I ended up giving up with the upgrade HP system lock is hard to bypass even with a CH341 programmer.

hi raimond , i have alsoHP EliteDesk 705 G4 Small Form Factor version Q16 so i want bios bin file of your HP EliteDesk 705 G4 Small Form Factor version Q16 because my motherboard bios not working ,thanks in advance

hi , i have alsoHP EliteDesk 705 G4 Small Form Factor version Q16 so i want bios bin file of your HP EliteDesk 705 G4 Small Form Factor version Q16 because my motherboard bios not working ,thanks in advance

Users that have made dumps of their own bios for mods, usually dont share it cause it contains their own system specific data.
To address to multiple users, use “@username