HP Laptop 15 CC upgrade SATA to NVMe disk

Hello there,

I have a “hp pavillion 15 cc-751tx” laptop with BIOS version “insyde F.42” but i don’t see “advanced setting” in the BIOS Menu.

Recently I have installed a new NVMe SSD on M.2 port but the SSD is not showing on the BIOS/BOOT Menu. But previously i had a SATA SSD on the same port. Looks like i have to change the PCIe Interface from BIOS Setting or Something. Please help me if you know how to Unlock Advance BIOS or How can I fix the SSD not showing issue.

Thank you!

This is not related to “Unlocked Advanced settings” this is marketing strategies from HP.
Some sub models of the 15 CC will support PCIe NVMe others only support PCIe AHCI SATA.
Im not familiar with any mods already done, that had unlock this.
Still no information or details know, if its bios code related or hw design limits, regardless the M.2 socket.
This is seen a lot, on laptops using this platform Intel 6/7th Gen.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response. I am looking for a solution for last two days but don’t see any clear information on the internet.

HP don’t provide any information about the M.2 Port of my Laptop Model. After disassemble the laptop, i saw the NVMe slot that’s why I decided to upgrade SATA to NVMe. And brought a new SSD. But it’s not showing anywhere.

As far i remember, i had a Advanced Option in my BIOS previously. But i have updated the BIOS multiple times and Now i don’t see the Advanced Option. Maybe i have changed something during first SSD install on 2018. Is there any settings on Advanced Option that can block NVMe? And only support Sata? I am not sure, that’s why I was looking for Unlock BIOS.

If there is no issue related with BIOS settings then i will just buy a new Laptop. This is very disappointing that HP provide NVMe port but No Support. Could you please check this photo for references?

Thank you for your time.

You’re not the first one with this issue or requesting this…
So my answer is based in past user requests and past client machine that wanted the same.

You’re not seeing an NVMe slot, you’re seeing an M.2 slot M Key that its used in both AHCI or NVMe… this is what lead users to think that the board will work with an NVMe disk…

Current HP Maintenance guides only refers to models with model numbers 15-cc100 through 15-cc199 and 15-cc600 through 15-cc699

As told before, i don’t recall to see any confirmation of unlocking AHCI to NVMe by unlocking " Advanced settings" in bios

Thats it, i don’t have any more info to share about his issue or any progress made regarding this kind of request.

Thank you for your information. I have also tried my videos and blogs but progress. And i don’t want to try anymore. BISO unlocking is a difficult task and also there is no possibility of success. So I am also leave it here. By the way, Many thanks for time and response. Have a great day:)

@Tanvir70
As written >here< already 4 years ago, the M.2 port of the HP Pavilion 15-cc751tx doesn’t support NVMe SSDs. It uses the SATA AHCI (and not the NVMe) data transfer protocol.
I doubt, that a BIOS modification would give you another result.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. Really appreciate it.