HP Mini 110-3100 Enable AHCI mode

Hi,

I’m trying to replace an HDD with SSD in the said laptop, BUT there is no option to switch from IDE to AHCI in BIOS, so my SSD will not be able to TRIM. Naturally, I’m not going to give up just because the option isn’t there . The BIOS is InsydeH2O. I’ve tried a few tools that I found on this site (and others), but to no avail.

I’ve attached the BIOS file to the request. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nenad

0148A.zip (1.13 MB)

first of all please update your bios to the latest if you have not already. latest bios version is F.15 Rev. F

second,depending on your OS,your sytem can detect if a solid state drive is present and will active trim.It is not dependent on the host controller and AHCI is not a requirement.you will simply loose some feature,performance benefits.but still,it will make alot of difference concerning

third,you can use your ssd’s toolbox,again if there is.depends on your manufacturer (for firmware updates etc)

i recommend upgrading to windows 10 with a clean install.and depending on your ram use either 32bit or 64bit OS (4gb and less=32bit)

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, here are my answers:

- I updated BIOS to the latest F.15 (that’s the file I’ve attached)
- Already tried the Windows TRIM function, it’s not working
- SSD Toolbox (OCZ) is unable to run TRIM either
- Upgraded to Windows 10, clean install and all

then you got nothing to worry about. trim will run automatically

if you want to be sure,open command and run,fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify
if you see DisableDeleteNotify = 0 , TRIM is enabled
if you see DisableDeleteNotify = 1 , TRIM is disabled

or,see the picture,if it states solid state drive,then it is enabled

1.jpg

that’s it.it is up and running.next stop is updating your drivers.chipset,sound,rapid storage,management engine etc