HP Proliant server Intel SPS help...

Hi, everyone…

I have HP ProLiant server, with "bad" SPI board… so, server starts with no image and full fan spin…

I have one working board and one non-working SPI board, I manage to extract dumps from all eeproms on that board. One eeprom had ME sticker and I tried to check with ME analyzer… it shows as SPS 02.03.00.250…

Is it possible and how to clean SPS firmware?! Wich tools do I need for this SPS?

Thnx for help

U72_25Q64FVSIG_2.zip (3.76 MB)

Procedure for SPS3 is like for other ME. Possibly the same for SPS 2, but I never saw tools (spsFITc).

Unclear what file you attached. No ME to find, no bios structure, no mcs at first view?

Sorry, looks like file got damaged while uploading or something…

This one is working…

HP_DL580_GEN8_SPS_ME.zip (562 KB)

If both are same exact model, and SPS ME FW is on it’s own chip with no other contents, then copy from one system to the other and you’re done
Yes, I too have never seen anyone with SPS V2 tool package So you cannot clean ME FW or anything, only update via stock supplied methods, or via programmer.

I tried that, read ME dump from working board and write on bad board… same :frowning:

thnx anyway
----------------------

Only thing I could find is @plutomaniac link to SPS3 but link is not working anymore…

Maybe bad write then? What is the chip ID, and what software/version are you writing with?
It may also be the BIOS is messed up on the other board, and not just the ME FW. Test writing both BIOS and ME to the problem board, from the good one.
If that fails, there is some other issue, especially if you do a manual compare to confirm your writes are OK >> erase, write, verify, then close program, open, read, verify, save and compare via hex with what you wrote, before you power system on, and it’s 100% hex match
If it’s not a hex match, then write = fail.

I could send you SPS V3 tools, but those are not compatible with V2, so waste of time with that

Ahh! I see the issue, this is a split BIOS system, well at least BIOS is not on same chip as FD/ME, what you sent contains FD + ME
So, FD may be messed up too. Dump both chips of good system and upload, so we can append and look at this in BIOS tools, Boot Guard may be giving you issues here too

Maybe… I can try again as you mentioned, same steps…

eeprom is W25Q64FVSIG, I am using ProgExpress from Batronix, programmer is Batronix BX48 Batego II…

OK, I will read all eeproms again and upload…

Hey @Lost_N_BIOS

Here is link to my personal cloud…

dumps from bad and good iLo board…

https://cloud.ers.repair/index.php/s/pQSyR63t5SK8odP

Funny system.

One of the good bios files (U140) contains two bios images, an older and a newer version, the newer version with errors and microcodes with wrong checksum…

The bad bios file U140 doesn’t contain anything that looks like bios to me.

The good “bios” number 2 U141 contains the Lights out firmware.

The bad “bios” number 2 contains nothing (for me) recognizable.

HP lists quite a lot of other firmwares on their page, not clear what’s needed for boot, but there seems to be a lot more messed up than just ME on your bad board…
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/km/…oftwaretypekey=[swt8000029]&f:@kmswsoftwaresubtypekey=[swst9000213]

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS
Can you send me SPS V3 tools?

@Lost_N_BIOS,can you send me SPS V3 tools,thank you