Hp xw6600 Workstation Help

Hi. i Don’t know how update the bios to Intel AHCI ROM.
Model of is HP xw6600 workstation and there is RAID bios instaled.

HP Model: 440307-001
01.46 Rev. A
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59217.exe

i don’t know how modify Bios. if you can tell me it’s a chance to Modify to AHCI bios
Thanks

@ SpeCu:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

If I understand you correctly, you want to change the SATA Controller of your HP workstation from RAID to AHCI mode. You can do this not by flashing a modded BIOS. You simply have to enter the BIOS of your system and to change the settings of the related SATA Controller from "RAID" to "AHCI". If you have a RAID array now (which sort?), you have to delete the array (all data will be lost!) before you switch the SATA mode from RAID to AHCI.
Please post your current HDD/SSD configuration and explain, what you want to do.

Regards
Fernando

@Fernando

Me configuration is : Samsung 840 pro 256gb and WD black 1TB.
i dont have anny array.
In bios settings I can change to RADID/AHCI and IDE. the RAID/AHCI is in one option. but when instal Windows 7 and Run “Samsung magican” In system info Is AHCI MODE is Deactivated
Performance Bechmark Show after test : sequential Read (MB/s) 2xx. sequential Write (MB/s) 2xx. i want use all power of me ssd. does not make sense to use as I can use the full power.
i think i explain all what i need :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw sorry for me English it’s not very good :expressionless:

That means, that the SATA Controller of your system has been set to "RAID", which will give you some AHCI features, if the connected SSDs/HDDs are not members of a RAID array.
Please open the "Storrage Controllers" section of the Device Manager and tell us the name of the Controller you see there.

now i use me Old PC and i can’t check this But i remember : Intel(R) ESB2 SATA RAID Controller

Thanks for the reply.
Now back to your main question:
If you want to get your SSD and HDD running in clean AHCI mode, you will need to modify the system module of your mainboard BIOS. I am sorry, but I cannot help you in this case.
As I have already written, a simple replacement of the Intel RAID ROM module of your BIOS will not give you the option to select "AHCI" after having entered the BIOS. These settings are layed down within the system module of the BIOS.
On the other hand the performance differences between the RAID and the AHCI mode are not as big as you may think.
Much more important are the in-use AHCI/RAID drivers. Which version are you using with your HP Workstation system?

I’m use Driver from Hp site : Intel Rapid Storage Technology Utility and Driver 9.6.0.1014 Rev. A

You should update the Intel RST driver to v11.2.0.1006 WHQL and compare the benchmark results with the current ones.

OK. i will do this tomorrow and make screenshot.
Big Thanks For Help.