I can't find a FAQ

Hi all, i’m a new user.

I stumbled upon this forum when I was researching on how to edit EFI entries and add more operating system in the default EFI.

I’d love to mod my BIOS, but I don’t know if I can. I have a lenovo z500 laptop, would it be eligible for the BIOS modding?

I want to build a gaming tower. What kind of motherboard is supported for BIOS mod? I don’t see a list of motherboards supported in the forum. I’m sorry if there’s a guide there on the newbie on the website that I couldn’t find.

@ vin.victor7:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!
Here is my reply to the thread title: I will never write a FAQ section for this Forum, because I don’t have the time to do it. Furthermore I doubt, that all users will read the FAQ thread, before they post their questions.

I don’t know it, but I generally do not recommend to modify the BIOS of any mobile PC. The chance to brick the complete laptop is much higher than with a desktop mainboard.

All modern desktop mainboards are supported by this Forum. That is why there is no list of them.
Nevertheless there are differences regarding the ability to modify the BIOS modules. So if you want to avoid any BIOS modding restrictions, you should not buy a mainboard with an AMI AptioV BIOS (boards with an Intel X99 or 100-Series Chipset).

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)