I3 6100 to fit on B365 chipset m/b

Hello guys,Is there any way to make an i3 6100 fit on a B365 biostar m/b?? Thanks in advance!!

Should be possible with bios mod, what board you have?

Hi! Thanks for your prompt reply! The M/b is a Biostar BS B365MHC.

@Powermag7 Hi Powermag7 and welcome to Win-RAID forums.

There is a good chance you can get the i3 6100 to run on the Biostar BS B365MHC.

Can please you try to make a complete backup of your current BIOS using Intel FPT_v11.8.x.zip

If you use the Windows 64-bit version, you can create a backup from an elevated command prompt using the command:

fptw64 -d bios.bin

This way you will have a backup in case something goes wrong and you can check for any BIOS locks at the same time.

Once you have made the backup can you please upload it to this thread or if there are any error messages post them here.

There is a trust level system for all members of winraid and level1techs forums.

You are currently trust level 0 and you must reach trust level 1 to upload attachments.

You can get to trust level 1 by:

Entering at least 5 topics
Reading at least 30 posts
Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Alternatively you can upload to another site such a mega.nz etc.

as per what chinobino said, better backup the bios before doing so.

if you have 8th/9th gen intel, to check your bios isn’t locked, try to flash this bios: 365AR521-Mod.rar (5.5 MB)

1 Like

Hello guys,I really appreciate your technical support!!I will proceed first with the backup of current bios and I will try to upload it here!

Hello guys,
I am attaching the original bios of the m/b. I extracted it using a CH341 programmer kit. Unfortunately i don’t have a 8th or 9th Gen CPU in order to normal power up.Is it possible to perform the modification direct to attached bin file?
Best Regards
biostar original.zip (5.9 MB)

@Powermag7 The BIOS dump appears to be ok.

Koekieezz has made a modified BIOS from the original 365AR520.BSS BIOS file with downgraded ME firmware for you to test with the Skylake CPU.

Hello! If I understood correctly,you tell me to load the modified *.BSS file.My concern is how to upload this bios with the 341 programmer? I think that I can only load *.bin files.Am I wrong ??

@Powermag7 The .BSS extension can be renamed to .BIN or .ROM if your software can’t see the file.

That’s great! I will inform you about the result guys!

make sure to backup the bios with ch341a first.

Good morning guys! The M/b powered up successfuly yesterday with I3 6100! I want to thank you so much for your support,respect to your professionalism and your knowledge! Greetings from Greece!

1 Like

Thanks for reporting back that everything is working :+1: