i7 5820 K XP32

Hi,

FWIW, I’ve been doing some XP (x86)&(x64)installs_which was a mod. in itself here on the forum which has gone very well considering I’m no IT whizz. The current install XP32 on X99_AsRock_OC_Formula_3.1 has gone very well with one exception!

The processor_Haswell_i7_5820_K does not show up in the device manager upon installation of XP_Pro__further details are, ACPI_Multi Processor show in “computer” in device manager__and all 12 threads show up in the task manager.

FWIW I’ve done XP32 on Z97 (which is the same Haswell Cores)__but different platform.

Some help is needed to mod. some drivers for the CPU to be shown in device manager - I’ve thought of somehow extracting drivers from another location to install into XP if this is possible but requires knowledge of this.

I received a message from one of the MODS here who mentioned my problem can only be solved by one of the XP GURU’s here, please step forward.

I did a little MOD myself with “double driver” in Vista 32 for “ACPI” __in vista_32 there are 5 entries in device manager for ACPI____but in XP_there is only one ACPI entry. With double driver I extracted the drivers to a folder in VISTA 32 and then changed HDD to boot XP32 and then proceeded to install the 4 ACPI components in XP32 and it worked and the device manager error went away.

But for the CPU, in XP32 there is no icon (microchip)
+/-_to expand__to show the cores and an XP GURU is needed to help sort this out and teach me a little in what to do___so please step forward__Thank you.