i7 8750h overclocking?? (or upgrade)

I was wondering if it’s possible to unlock the frequency multiplier of a locked cpu like the i7 8750h. Is it software or hardware :lock:?

You will probably ask me why i have such a stupid question​:thinking:, it all began with this video :open_mouth::

Btw is it possible to solder another cpu like an i9-8950HK to replace the i7 8750h?

Video too long, what’s going on there? Usually CPU speed is lazer cut/locked into CPU itself, but I suppose there may be some rare ones it’s not.

@Lost_N_BIOS - So basically MSI update the BIOS of their motherboards and accidentally unlocked a locked CPU multiplier :slight_smile:

I did my research and i found out that the core interconnections are laser cut (to not be able to buy 2 core cpu and unlock the 2 others for example and have a quad core).
So now I want to know if the multiplier lock is in the bios (and can be removed like MSI did it). Or is it in the cpu microcode?
BTW Gigabyte did the same shortly after :joy:

Thanks for your great ost! This is exactly what I was searching for my writing project with buyessay and I will definitely visit check out more posts from you!