ICH10R RAID0+PCI connected SATA3 SSD: How to make the SSD bootable?

I have Gateway FX6800-1e computer with X58 + ICH10R storage controller. I have the computer set up to boot from SSD connected to SATA3 controller inserted into PCI slot. Also I have 2x1Tb spindle HDDs connected in RAID0 to ICH10R ports for storage. I wanted to upgrade 2x1Tb (RAID0) drives to 2x3Tb (RAID0) drives. I discovered that the firmware of the ICH10R was limiting my drive sizes. Using this thread I modded original BIOS (latest Gateway which is derivative of AMI) containing ver8.XX firmware to ver.11.XX. Mod was successful and the controlled setup can be accessed and it properly sees the 3Tb drives and is able to set them up in RAID0. My problem is that when in ICH10R RAID mode I’m not able to setup the PCI SATA3 (with SSD on it) controller as boot device (BIOS is not seeing it) but it works fine when in AHCI mode. Please note that this setup worked fine with ver8.XX firmware. Anything I can check or do correct?

BTW: I was able to connect SSD to ICH10R port bypassing SATA3 controller but when setup in RAID mode it does BSOD while booting since drive was setup as AHCI during OS (W8.1) installation. For now I did set up my 3TB drives as AHCI (non RAID) to get it to work.

Thank you for your help.
Wacio

@Wacio :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report!

Which Intel RAID ROM version and variant (original or TRIM modded) did you insert?

This problem can easily be solved by doing a fresh OS installation (which is always good idea after having completely changed the storage disk drives configuration).

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Fernando,
Thank you.

I inserted v 11.2.0.1527 without TRIM mod.
I’m more interested to be able to use Inter RAID for storage drives and be able to connect boot SSD to PCI SATA3 controller. I wondered is there is way to get mobo to recognize and use Sata3 card as boot device (like before)

Thank you again for your quick response.
Wacio

@Wacio :
Since your problem has nothing to do with the topic “BIOS Modding: Introduction and Preparation”, I have moved our discussion into a separate thread and gave it a meaningful title. If you don’t like it, feel free to change it by editing the start post.

You probably have to find out yourself a solution for your problem (by testing different hardware configurations and BIOS settings).
The first step should be to unplug all HDDs (inclusive the RAID0 array members) and to install the desired OS onto the PCI connected SATA SSD.
Question: Are you sure, that your PCI connected SSD is managed by the on-board Intel SATA Controller?