Inserting Intel LAN UNDI & Marvell EFI

Hello dear Forum Members,
i need your help.

I want to get my Z68 BIOS UEFI compatible, i already added Intel RAID EFI and GOP Drivers.
Though i cant figure out which Intel LAN UNDI and Marvell EFI to add, i’m not even sure if my Board supports these cause i cant find any matching GUID.
So it is possible? When it is which of the 4 IntelGigabitLanx64_xx.ffs and 2 Marvell .ffs i have to insert?

Thanks for your replies :slight_smile:

edit: My Board is the ASUS P8Z68-V Pro /Gen3

@ ChrisCharles:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

This is exactly what I have done with my ASUS P8Z68-V as well and everything is running fine in UEFI mode.

Why do you want to add these EFI modules? Have you ever used the "Wake-On-LAN" feature? Do you use resp. have to use the Marvell SATA ports?
Since your Z68 mainboard doesn’t support the "clean" UEFI mode (no option to disable CSM completely), you should be happy with the enhanced UEFI support you have now.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

So this means it isn’t even possible and i can’t use the marvell ports at all?
WoL isn’t necessary but i need one of the Marvell ports since i have two ssds connected to the Intel Controller and one HDD on Marvell.
The SATAII-Ports are occupied.

Grüße aus Österreich

No, it doesn’t mean that at all.
If you want, you can insert a Marvell EFI AHCI/RAID ffs file, but I neither know, which one would be the correct one, nor if it will work at all after the insertion.
By the way: You will be able to use the Marvell SATA ports without having inserted any Marvell EFI AHCI/RAID module, because there should be a working Marvell AHCI/RAID ROM within the CSMCORE file of your mainboard BIOS.

Ah ok, so i can use them in UEFI Mode.
Then where is the need of an Marvell EFI? Just for PreBoot?
Sorry for asking this but i’m fairly new to this topic, even tough i joined in 2013.

There would be a need of such EFI module, if you would be able to run your system with a completely disabled Compatibility Support Module (= "clean" UEFI mode), but your 6-Series mainboard BIOS doesn’t even offer this option.

That’s a pity :frowning:
Thanks for the info!

I have a few more questions if you are so kind to answer them:
Do you know which version of IRST is stablest to run on my board?
Is Version 13 or 14 compatible at all? Cause i’ve seen bios mods with version 12 only.
And when installing windows i have to set the bios boot option to EFI compatible (instead of Legacy) and use the iGPU for UEFI compatibility? Or does it work with my GTX960?
Appreciate your thoughts on that, thanks.

edit:
I have found your modified Intel RST drivers, will try that.
edit2:
Due to stability i think it’s best to use version 12.9.
Intel has to have a reason not including the 6-series boards in 13.5/6.

>Here< you can find my favorite Intel AHCI/RAID driver versions.

I do not really recommend to use any Intel RST driver of the v13 or v14 series with Intel 6-Series Chipset systems.

Yes.

I don’t know that. It depends on the GopDriver within the BIOS of the Graphics card…

Now I’m for sure regarding the IRST version, thx.
I’ll just try if it works with discrete graphics.

Excuse me but I was wondering if you don’t disable CSM and set bios to load Uefi Roms only - wouldnt the Marvell legacy rom still get loaded? As I understand there’s limited option space so it would be most desirable to have devices load in efi mode instead. I mean if you inject the Marvell efi module wouldn’t the legacy rom still load and take valuable resources?