Install Windows 7 on Kbook Apollo Lake n3350

Hello everyone, I looked for the special section for forum presentations but I couldn’t find it, so let me introduce myself:
My name is Davide, I am writing to you from Italy and I am really impressed by the work you have done and are doing in this forum to keep windows 7 alive on new PCs.
In this regard I have been trying for weeks to install windows 7 on a Kbook with N3350 CPU, I have already added to the windows image the USB and AHCI / RAID drivers by fernando, the drivers for the hd500 and other drivers as well, but I cannot start the installation. when I boot from the usb stick it stuck on starting windows, while if I try to start the installation in safe mode it stuck on disk.sys.
I am attaching an extract of the system information and the list of ids
hardware.
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions to be able to install windows 7?
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks to all

HWIDs.txt (9.79 KB)

system configuration.txt (580 KB)

Stuck on Start Windows usually means you either need to disable vga (you need signed video driver integrated) or try to use uefiseven https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads…-devices.82137/ (for this there is no need to have integrated driver.

Do you have legacy csm option in BIOS? If not then you have uefi class 3 bios, which doesn’t work with standard vga driver from 7. Therefore you either need to disable it or patch it using uefiseven, the patching method is easier to use, but might not work on all machines.

Stuck on startup Windows usually means you need to disable vga (you need the built-in signed video driver) or try using uefiseven https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads…-devices.82137/ (for this not c 'it is necessary to have an integrated driver.

Do you have a legacy csm option in the BIOS? If not, you have a class 3 uefi bios, which doesn’t work with the standard 7 vga driver. So you have to disable or patch it using uefiseven, the patch method is easier to use, but may not work on all machines.

I have read almost all the work you have done (fantastic!), So I know that I have a class 3 uefi bios, I have tried both with uefiseven on unmodified iso, and disabling vga from bcd and regedit, and with signed drivers for the hd500 and usb, but I always get the same problem: stuck when starting windows or disk.sys in safe mode.

what am I doing wrong?

I have read almost all the work you have done (fantastic!), So I know that I have a class 3 uefi bios, I have tried both with uefiseven on unmodified iso, and disabling vga from bcd and regedit, and with signed drivers for the hd500 and usb, but I always get the same problem: stuck when starting windows or disk.sys in safe mode.

what am I doing wrong?

I forgot to say that I tried both with uefiseven 1.22 and with uefiseven 1.23

can someone help me?
thanks

Make sure you also have uefiseven in the efi partition installed, I assume you installed win7 in GPT mode. I’m sure uefiseven it’s not installed properly, therefore you get freeze. If it was another problem you’d get BSOD or some error.

Thank you for your answer.
I am pretty sure that the problem is not uefiseven, because without uefiseven as soon as I try to start the installation from the usb stick the error 0xc000000d appears.
while with uefiseven the installer starts but remains on the windows logo.
there must be some other driver that windows doesn’t like.

The 0xc000000d error is related to uefi class 3, with uefiseven you get past it, but then something doesn’t work.

Try to replace the boot.wim from windows 7 iso with boot.wim from windows 10 iso and check how that goes. If not working then also replace bootmgfw.efi/bootx64.efi from windows 7 iso with the same file from windows 10 iso, but don’t apply uefiseven anymore, and try again.

Copying boot.wim error 0xc000000e

Also copying bootmgfw.efi / bootx64.efi the installation starts but does not find any hard disk and asks me for the drivers.

You need to integrate drivers, I don’t know how to help you further. Maybe other users know better.

thanks again for your reply and for your time. integrating the drivers is not a problem, but the questione is: drivers for windows 7 or for windows 10? boot.wim should be windows 10, only then install.wim is loaded and extracted and then windows 7, right?