Insyde H2O bios unlocking/flashing

Then, use BIOS 1.29 posted over at BIOS-mods.com forum, it is confirmed working and flashable etc. If you need me to upload that package for you as it is (ie if you are not a member there), let me know.
If I help you to unlock vars and allow FPT Flash, there is a risk to brick the system if BIOS 2.18 is internally signed, do you want to move forward with that without flash programmer?
We may not even be able to get past error 28 anyway, but we can try a few ways (vars edit, and there is another possible method, also risky)

I think the unlocked bios v1.29 can only be flashed if Secure Boot is disabled. In my case, no. For the risky path, if the process of re-signing bios file, does not alter bios payload (4Mb, 4096kb), I think I would try it. The worse outcome would be, BIOS updater will says "Invalid Firmware Image. Process can not continue".

Disable secure boot then, that’s easy to solve. You should have that disabled anyway, before any and all BIOS updates, also remove any password or encryption you have turned on too.
No one mentioned resigning BIOS, this is not possible without key from BIOS creator anyway.

It is password protected. BIOS updater only accept non-modified bios file. BIOS updater knows if bios file is modified by some kind of checksum or signature. Which one do you think?

Nothing here is password protected?? Or do you mean your BIOS, as in you’ve set a BIOS password? If yes, then that may be the issue this whole time, with any number of the things we’ve been trying! Remove your password and disable Secure Boot.
Yes, we know BIOS update tools only accept non-mod BIOS, unless those tools are modified (ie in the package for BIOS 1.29 at mod-bios.com and in the package I sent you with unlocked 2.18), but yuou need to first disable secure boot and remove BIOS password, before any mod BIOS can be flashed using any method.

Unfortunately, I don’t know the BIOS password. To remove the password we need to modify Password parameter to 1. To modify Password=1, we need to modify bios file. To be able to flash, we need to keep bios file non-modified. Do you have any idea?

How do you enter BIOS without knowing the password then? Yes, @DeathBringer can "maybe" tell you password if you link him to your FPT BIOS region dump.
If he cannot help you, then you need flash programmer to do anything else here

You mean the dump that I backed up and uploaded for you in post #32?

@Rexkh
Current password can be extracted from your current BIOS backup.
Contact me in PM if you’re interested in that.

@Rexkh - Yes, I meant that, if that is a BIOS region dump from your system (I could not be sure, due to how you named it)
@DeathBringer - Thanks

I know it’s late, but for others I’ll just let you know that there are two instructions in the attached archive. Or you can quit reading and look here for makecert.exe and pvk2pfx.exe (not necessary).

@Rexkh
did you successfully able to flash this bios after bios password and secureboot removed? we did not hear any feedback

@Rexkh
@DvL
@Lost_N_BIOS

I am also getting that same dialogue error when trying to flash using moded bios using newer version (v6.23). is it it possible to bypass that dialogue error by editing the dll and Insydeflash.exe? if so, How to do that, which value need to change in Hex to bypass that error? has anybody any experience about that? that new version InsydeFlash.exe is no more using iscflash.sys and iscflash.dll ! they changed it to H2OFFT64.sys.
I already tried older modified version InsydeFlash but the new pc bios not accepting that InsydeFlash. I think changing the hex to newer InsydeFlash.exe or H2OFFT64.sys could bypass that error maybe!
what its need is, disable the "flash securebios only" in somewhere in hex.

@Lost_N_BIOS
Nice to meet you. I would like to ask you to unlock the InsydeH2O bios. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

//download.schenker-tech.de/package/xmg-pro-17-xpr17e20/

This is the bios of the XMG PRO and the site provides the bios file. Can you take a look please?

hi, i wanna unlock my insyde bios. Here’s my log
BIOSreg file: drive(.)google.com/file/d/19KMxibpTcDkwq83RPbqlTIiXmhY2--X-/ ( pls remove the ( ) i cant use the link on new post

and i got error after use FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin

Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool Version: 12.0.70.1652
Copyright (C) 2005 - 2020, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Reading HSFSTS register… Flash Descriptor: Valid

— Flash Devices Found —
ID:0x207018 Size: 16384KB (131072Kb)

Error 167: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access.
Please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable
Protected Range Registers.

FPT Operation Failed.

FPT Operation Failed.

Hi!

And because of that we need to perform some preparation before you flash modded BIOS. Download H20UVE_100.00.9.2.zip, extract to a separate folder. Run "GET VARS.bat". I need "vars.txt" file.

i got "The requested operation requires elevation."

And because of that we need to perform some preparation before you flash modded BIOS. Download H20UVE_100.00.9.2.zip, extract to a separate folder. Run "GET VARS.bat". I need "vars.txt" file.

oh i found it

vars.txt (195 KB)

BIOS MOD for you. To install it run "SET VARS.bat", after that it’s necessary to REBOOT your device. Two clicks on FLASH.bat.
If there were no errors, the mod is installed and you will see 3 new tabs when you enter the BIOS.

BIOS MOD for you. To install it run "SET VARS.bat", after that it’s necessary to REBOOT your device. Two clicks on FLASH.bat.
If there were no errors, the mod is installed and you will see 3 new tabs when you enter the BIOS.

it worked, thanks. Do u know how can i modify the bios dmi ? i used h2osde but it reset to original after restart