Intel AHCI windows 10 x64

That is simply not true. Win10 natively supports all Intel chipset systems, which are running in AHCI mode.

OK I’ll clarify what I said.
W10 platform support has nothing to do with the chipset or AHCI. It’s dependant on whether or not the motherboard is UEFI compatible. I’ve said this before.
The 6 series was released right during the transition from legacy to UEFI. So some boards came UEFI ready , some did not. The Maximus IV originally came with a legacy bios. ASUS put out a UEFI BIOS update but afaik it’s buggy.
Secondly, W10 kernel mode and boot critical drivers only support UEFI and MUST be signed. M SDN and TechNet are quite clear on this. Meansing you can’t mod a W10 storage device driver and expect to boot from it (unsigned).
So it’s possible hardware which worked in W8 may not with W10 drivers.

I can link you to the deployment guide info if you like… UEFI it benefits OEM’s more than end users imho… gives too much control to OEM’s thru secure boot and TPM.

EDIT by Fernando: Wrongly formatted quoted text corrected

That is nonsense.
The AHCI/RAID/NVMe Controllers may need/use different BIOS modules, if the OS has been installed in EFI or LEGACY mode, but they need/use the exact same drivers, regardless of the sort of the OS installation (in EFI or LEGACY mode).