Intel Cherry Trail / Braswell SoC - SATA AHCI Controller

If you have integrated the Intel AHCI driver into the XP image, you should not hit F6! Otherwise the XP Setup doesn’t find the integrated driver.
Regarding the ACPI settings it is better to hit F5 or F7, when you are prompted to hit F6.

The AHCI driver is into the XP image, I am not hit F6! I have not touched the computer until the computer is powered off

@wacby001 :
If the computer is powering off during the XP installation without any error message, there is something wrong either with your computer or with the XP image you are booting off.
To find it out I recommend to boot off the original (not customized) XP CD and watch what happens.

Thinks! use the original XP CD to boot off,the error message was 0x000007b. The XP CD is Simplified Chinese version . Maybe because of it, I’ll try another one. Thank you for your patience guidance!!

This indicates, that the used XP CD has already been pre-customized and is not an “original” XP CD.

Hi Fernando,
I have an Acer Extensa 2519-C5KU with an Intel Celeron N3160 CPU and Braswell chipset. I want to install Windows XP on it, but I didn’t find any drivers for this device (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22A3&SUBSYS_10121025&REV_35). So could you help me, please?

@DarkSideEV :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Intel has never released an Intel AHCI driver, which natively supports systems with an Intel BayTrail/CherryTrail/Braswell/ApolloLake CPU (and probably will never do it), but all my recently modified Intel RST drivers do it. I recommend to use the mod+signed 32bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006, because it supports your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller and Windows XP as well.
>Here< you can find the driver links and the guide about how to get them integrated into a Windows XP Image.
Good luck!

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello,

I maintain a cheap HP PC with Win10 64bit installed, and all drivers are vendor specific without the IDE Controller, which uses a standard Microsoft driver. The Hardware ID is:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22A3&SUBSYS_821D103C&REV_35

Listed by devicehunt.com as "Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series SATA Controller"

Is there a benefit in using a" modded-by-Fernando-driver" instead of the Microsoft driver, such as more speed in data transmission? If yes, which driver do you recommend?

@spidercomputing :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Why don’t you test it yourself? I recommend to try the mod+signed Intel RST(e) AHCI driver v13.2.8.1002.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

HP 15-AC129NM (Intel Pentium N3700 1.6 GHz and again Braswell on SATA). Now is Windows 10 64bit. And again favorite 64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL do a job!

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture1.PNG

I just want to say I’ve just brought to life an old Windows XP installation in a GA-N3050N-D2P motherboard thanks to Fernando’s great work. I had to manipulate the registry a little bit and USB ports and LAN are dead yet but at least the computer boots. I have and old program there and really needed this. Thank you again, Fernando.