Intel Cherry Trail / Braswell SoC - SATA AHCI Controller

I have a HP 22-3116 All-in-One Desktop. It originally came with windows 10, but I had to downgrade to windows 7 for software compatibility. I managed to get all the driver except for the sata controller.

The computer uses an Intel N-series chipset with N3050 celeron cpu.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22A3&SUBSYS_2B41103C&REV_21

What is the best drive to use for this? Whatever I try it seems to default back to the MS standard AHCI sata drivers. Thanks

@waltman :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!
None of the Intel AHCI drivers natively do support the “Intel(R) Cherry Trail / Braswell SoC - SATA AHCI Controller” (DEV_22A3). That is why you were not able to get any Intel RST driver installed.
Nevertheless I may be able to help you to test one of them, because I just have created brandnew mod+signed variants of the “Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v13.2.4.1000”, which now additionally contain the related HardwareIDs of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller.
If you are interested in testing this driver, please let me know, whether you need the 32bit or 64bit variant. Then I will attach the driver to the next post.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Sure, I would like to test it. I will need the 64bit version. Thank you.

Here is it:
Note: You have to import the Certificate before you are able to install it (look >here<).

Universal 64bit Intel RSTe AHCI+RAID drivers v13.2.4.1000 mod+signed by Fernando.rar (339 KB)

Hello, can you send again. I keep getting an error when decompressing the file. Thank you.

The attached archive is ok (just tested it), but obviously not your unzip tool.
You have to use either WinRAR v5.xx or 7-Zip v16.02.

Redownloaded again, worked ok. Maybe there was a bird on the wire. My apologies.

@waltman :
Please give us a feedback after having tried to install the modded driver (has it worked or not?).
By the way: If the attached mod+signed Intel RST(e) driver v13.2.4.1000 should work for you, you may even be able to get the latest Intel RST(e) AHCI driver v14.8.9.1053 installed, because I have added the required HardwareIDs into the INF files of the related drivers, which I have modified and signed yesterday (look >here<).

Hello, unfortunately no good news. I installed the drivers, windows prompts says I must restart. After restart windows hangs at boot up at the “Starting Windows” splash screen. I have two of these computers, tried on both with same experience. I left one on overnight hoping that it would boot past this eventually but no luck. I had to boot with last known good config which switched back to the MS drivers.

Previously I installed the Baytrail sata ahci DEV_0F23 (found here) because from the documentation I have read said Baytrail and Cherry were very similar, with Cherry being an upgrade. They let me boot up but when I would click update driver in device manager…it would revert back to MS drives.

@waltman :
It is a pity, that the modded Intel RST driver didn’t work for you.
Thank you very much for having tested it.

Hi Fernando,
I have Lenovo b51-30 with CPU Intel Celeron N3060 and Intel Braswell chipset. I installed Windows 7 64-bit and in device manager - ide ata/atapi controllers have standard ahci 1.0 serial ata controller - Microsoft generic driver (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22A3&SUBSYS_390117AA&REV_35). I searched the intel site, your forum and many others sites and didn’t find anything useful. I tried with f6flpy-x64_v15.2.0.1020_modded.zip and Universal 64bit Intel RSTe AHCI+RAID drivers v13.2.4.1000 mod+signed by Fernando.rar, but didn’t have success.
Which drivers do I use?
Can you help me?
Tnx.

@Smile :
Since the topic of this thread matches much better your request than the thread, where you had posted it, I have moved it here.
Your Lenovo system has an Intel Cherry Trail / Braswell SoC - SATA AHCI Controller, which is natively not supported by any Intel AHCI driver. That is why you couldn’t find any matching Intel RST driver at Intel’s Download Center.

Be happy, that the Win7 in-box MS AHCI driver supports the on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller of your Lenovo system.

If you should not be satisfied with the MS AHCI driver, you can try to replace the currently used driver of the “Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller” by the “Universal 64bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando”. This modded Intel driver is the only one, which may support the “Intel Cherry Trail / Braswell SoC - SATA AHCI Controller” (DEV_22A3). You have to force the installation by using the “Have Disk” button and pointing to the file named iaAHCI.inf.
Don’t forget to import the Win-RAID CA Certificate before you are starting with the driver update.

Good luck!

Thank you Fernando!
Although in iaAHCI.inf not exist PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22A3… this driver work stable. LOL!
Tnx again.

I need driver for 32 bits

@carlesneo :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

For which specific device (I need the name and the HardwareIDs) and for which Operating System?
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22A3&SUBSYS_9AF11019&REV_21

Windows 7 - 32 bits

@carlesneo :
The only Intel RST driver, which may support your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller with the DeviceID DEV_22A3, is my recently modded and signed “Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006”.
You can find the related download links >here<.

Hi Fernando,
I have Lenovo b41-30 with CPU Intel Celeron N3060 and Intel Braswell chipset. I want installed Windows xp 32bit system.(PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22A3&SUBSYS_390117AA&REV_35).which drivers do I use? I tried with Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando (latest variant) , but didn’t have success.

What does that mean? What happened at which stage of the XP installation? Did you get any error message? If yes, which one?

The OS Setup prompted to hit F6, after this step. the computer just power off without any error message . I am from China, English is not good