Intel Chipset Device "Drivers" (= INF files)

I doubt, that it was the installation of the Intel Chipset Device Software, which solved the problem. None of the Intel Chipet Device INF files has any influence on the function of the inserted graphics card.

New intel chipset drivers: 10.0.24 http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24474/en…8.1_10.0.24.zip

This has nothing to do with BIOS Modding, moved to off-topic INF Utility thread.

Before I did not find too subtle, and my English is not good, please forgive me

My comment:
1. The package doesn’t contain any driver (that are .SYS files), but just TEXT (=.INF) files.
2. Only Intel 8- and 9-Series Chipsets are supported by the INF files, which are within the package.

Don’t worry about it, no big deal. Only for future reference.

As Fernando said these are not drivers. I also renamed this topic to Intel Chipset INF Utility to not confuse anyone else.

For all users, who want to get just the newest Intel Chipset Device INF files installed, I have extracted and attached them.

Intel Chipset Device INF Files v10.0.24_extracted.rar (16.8 KB)

new intel chipset drivers 10.0.26
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/20775/en…0.26_Public.zip

Thanks for the info!

Attached are the already extracted INF files, which are within the new v10.0.26 Set.
By the way: Only users of a brandnew Intel chipset system (newer than Z97/X99) may benefit from the updated INF files.

Intel Chipset Device Software Set v10.0.26 extracted.rar (16.9 KB)

Completely new Start Post

Today I found at Station-Drivers a new “Intel Chipset Device Software” Set v10.0.27 WHQL, which has been offered >here< by Pacman.

Since there is obviously a big interest in the latest Intel Chipset “Drivers” (although they are just INF files and no real drivers), I have moved an already existing thread about the topic “Intel Chipset Device Software” from the “Off-Topic” section into the “Other Drivers” section of the Forum.
Furthermore I have written a new start post, which contains some general informations and download links to the latest Intel Chipset Device “Drivers” (= INF files).

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I think you should mention that more importantly, these switches overwrite actual drivers and that can cause degraded performance and lack of features. Two examples are RST and ME drivers. The placeholder for RST will cause poor performance and lack of software/features. The placeholder ME will not allow any tools to run and lacks any 1.5MB/5MB software capabilities/features.

You should not compare the replacement of a complex and multifunctional driver like an RST or ME one witrh a simple textmode INF file, which doesn’t has any function except telling the OS, that no driver is required, and giving the device a name. As a consequence any update of the Intel Chipset Device Software is harmless and a previous uninstall unnecessary.
By the way: I have never seen any reason for such an update (Question: What should a newer Intel chipset INF file make better than the previous one?).

I never said that. INF Utility is useless when there is no need for it. If a user has RST and ME drivers installed, using -overall switch will replace those with NO_DRV placeholders. I just suggested to include this “consequence” at Conclusion #4 as well. That’s all, we are not saying different things.

Ok, now I understand, what you meant.
I have added a related remark into the start post.

As installing new package usually doesn’t update devices in device manager, could you point at which ones are to ba manually updated? Thanks!

The new Intel Chipset Device Software v10.0.27 is the first one, which supports the upcoming Intel Skylake and 100-Series Chipsets.
So the installation is neither necessary nor useful for the actually available Intel Chipset systems.

Intel INF Utility v10.1.1.7

Intel INF v10.1.1.7.rar (2.67 MB)

Thanks for the find and for having uploaded this new Intel Chipset Device Softwae Set.

@ all:
You can find these new Intel INF files now within the start post of this thread.

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could help me please. It seems the newest versions of the Intel Chipset Device software won’t install anymore and just gives a failure unknown error during installing with the installer.
Intel Chipset Device software 10.0.27 seems to install fine but any higher version than this fails to install. the weird thing is the Intel Chipset Device software version 10.1.1.7 did install perfectly fine before
but it now fails to install and also the latest Intel Chipset Device software version 10.1.1.8. I think something in my Windows 7 install has messed up and is causing the issue.
I have attached the install log so you can see the error and hopefully be able to recognize what could be causing the issue.

Chipset_20150708161953.rar (2.25 KB)

@ sinders:

Unfortunately I can not open your attachment. It is empty.
UPDATE: At second try I was able to open the archive. Maybe I had tried to download a not yet fully uploaded file.