Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI/AMT) Version 2233.3.26.0 WHQL

3 Likes

11.12.93.2323_CON_H_A_PRD_RGN
11.12.93.2323_COR_H_A_PRD_RGN
11.22.93.2323_COR_H_BA_PRD_RGN

11.x2.93.2323_COx_H_(B)A_PRD_RGN.rar (7.5 MB)

&

Intel Management Engine Components 2238.3.31.0

2 Likes

Hello to all members of this forum!

I’m a little bit confused. I have an “Asus Z97-K” mainboard. “Hardware Info” tells that my “IME”'s firmware has a “9.1, Build 1005, Hot Fix 25” version. In this case I need a “11.7.0.1057” version of the driver. But on the “Asus” site the only available variant of the driver for “MEI” for my mainboard is a version “11.0.0.1146”. Isn’t this driver version’s number supposed to be for an “ME”'s firmware 7 and 8? Can anyone please explain to me how this is possible.

OS driver version is not related to chipset platform ME FW version.
The 11.7.0.1057 driver, is the last one supporting chipsets below Intel 100 Skylake

As optional is updating the Firmware from your ME 9.1.25.1005 to the 9.1.40.1000, concerning this guide.

EDIT: They do, each chipset/platform has his own ME engine FW, but their revisions numbers dont match the line of revision numbers of the drivers for the HECI on the OS.
Upgrading the FW… usually they come with security issues fixed/corrected/added, firmware’s have their part also in the performance of a system, usually not very noticed on some…others noticed, can affect OC and limits of the motherboard, increasing or decreasing the overall performance against more security.

@MeatWar, thanks for the answer!

“OS driver version is not related to chipset platform ME FW version.”

Interesting. I always thought that different mainboards have different “Management Engine” processors on them. And, when a newer generation of mainboards and related chipsets is produced, it includes a newer (maybe not always) version of this processor. And newer versions of this processor obviously have newer versions of firmware and newer versions of drivers. For example, I can’t install any of the “12” and newer versions of the driver. Because my “Management Engine” processor is older than those for which these driver’s versions are made.

“As optional is updating the Firmware from your ME 9.1.25.1005 to the 9.1.40.1000, concerning this guide.”

Which benefits could I get from that?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Intel (CS)ME, (CS)TXE, (CS)SPS, GSC, PMC, PCHC, PHY & OROM Firmware Repositories

FW Version 11.8.93.4323 corrects security vulnerabilities verified by Intel® CSMEVDT version 8.0.1.0 (11/2/2022) and can be flashed with the FWUpdLcl utility version 11.8.92.4222 (CSME System Tools v11) in Linux.

3 Likes

Adding to what ibsajc mentioned above, the 1.5MB Consumer S/H and 5MB Corporate S/H versions of the 11.8.93.4323 ME Firmware are available on Station-Drivers, along with the 32-bit and 64-bit Windows firmware update tool (FWUpdLcl.exe & FWUpdLcl64.exe) and information tool (MEInfoWin.exe & MEInfoWin64) of the same version (11.8.93.4323).

@chinobino

August 30 :thinking: :yum:

1 Like

@westlake Oops, yep I can see where you uploaded it now I have scrolled up :+1:

Must have missed your post at the time…

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (16+)

Hello! On the factory firmware bios ME 15.0.23.1706 Chipset TGP/EBG-H A and from driver-station latest 15.0.42.2235 TGP/EBG-H B What’s the difference?
Clevo x170km-g fw 1.07.08

A post was split to a new topic: Questions about Boot Guard on CSME 17

I have a Samsung NP550P7C laptop with Intel HM76 Express chipset (Panther Point).
The ME firmware is 8.0.10.1464 (ME 8 Consumer 1.5 MB).
The current ME firmware here on the website is 8.1.70.1590.
In ME Analyzer, the firmware is listed as Type Stock (RGN).

Can I flash the firmware from this website onto my laptop?
It’s just a stock (RGN) firmware and no EXTR.
Are functions missing after flashing or does the laptop even break?

Using latest available update bios from Samsung, if so…
Usually only after the OEM released a bios update based on 8.1, users then can update manually to the latest version from 8.1 images.
Your choice only to proceed from 8.0, in past other users had success in it, others had their system bricked.

EDIT: So as you understood ME9…the same is for 8, 8 is not 8.1 right, your choice only, period.
Im not the one that can confirm this without any risk of failure or success, as i stated some user systems with ME8, besides they didnt get any bios updates from their vendors, updated to 8.1 and succeed.

Take a look at the repository file and you’ll see theres plenty of FW8 images on it
(ME 8 Repository r20.rar):
Intel (CS)ME, (CS)TXE, (CS)SPS, GSC, PMC, PCHC, PHY & OROM Firmware Repositories - Special Topics / Intel Management Engine - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

ME 8 Repository r20\8.0.20.1513_1.5MB_PRD_RGN.bin
ME 8 Repository r20\8.0.21.1519_1.5MB_PRD_EXTR.bin

Thank you for the explanation. I have already read here that you have to be careful with the ME 9 firmware which version is used.
There are ME 9.0 firmware (1.5 MB), ME firmware 9.1 (1.5 MB) and ME firmware 9.5 (1.5 MB).
But with the ME 8 firmware there is only the 8.1. Should I rather not flash the ME 8.1?

Afaik ME 8/8.1 isn’t the same as 9.0/9.1. Updated Np300E5C, HM75 many years ago to latest 8.1 1.5 MB version without any problems afterwards

1 Like

I understand you, but surely you know that there was some users that made that jump and had problems, other succeed as you did, thats why my statement, this is user choice and we cant take it for certain in all systems, i dont, at least not with systems that are not mine.

I can’t remember having seen updates from 8.0 to 8.1 going bad. Cleaning ME 8 is tricky for certain chipsets since FIT doesn’t read the config properly from a complete image but for updating??

Can you give some links to those cases where an update didn’t go well?

Sorry my friend…but tell me do you really want me to look for this? Links that can prove my previous statement, are you serious?

Im sure that you recall the transition on the Sandy/Yvy Bridge between the Intel 6 and 7 series, we know that there was plenty of system still with ME8 FW on it and no bios updates releases from the vendors and then users were seeing already ME8.1 FW images around.

Im not contradicting you on a HM76 or what ever 7 series, as i do also made several updates to ME8.1 on them, thank you for your understanding and hoping that you didnt taken my words as a denial of your knowledge as we all have, in fact i do have respect for some users knowledge on this forum and you’re still one of them, that was why i asked your opinion to this user issue, others simply cant handle my words and hate me, life goes on, kind regards and thank you again for having time to look for this user issue.