Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

Well, the link works, but the download part does not, leads to the front page of the website.

Yes, sorry, works now.

Thereā€™s one thing thatā€™s not clear to me: if my motherboard bios has 11.6 MEI firmware, is it recommended to flash 11.7 or to stay with 11.6?

I read itā€™s best to play it safe. Probably could work but may just as well not work was my impression.

It works just fine as proven by Pacman and others. If you want wait for the OEM to update.

There are patched versions that appear to be relatively current available from H. P. The 7-series boards received 8.1.71.3608 as an example. If this benefits anyone I will provide a link?

Intel ME 11.7 Consumer PCH-H Firmware v11.7.4.3314

from SD http://station-drivers.com/?option=com_rā€¦ileinfo&id=3039
http://station-drivers.com/?option=com_kā€¦w=topic&id=2569

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well. I was wondering if I could get some help for a ME flashing rookie? Yesterday I modded my bios with UBU, all went well and then tried to flash an ME update.
The update flashed correctly but I stupidly just took the newest one for my series from the repository and flashed it without modifying it for my motherboard. Now intel management interface is not working, so I ran

fptw64 -d ME.bin -me

which worked perfectly, but then when I ran

fptw64 -me -f 1471.bin

with an image that is verified for my board I get this.

Warning: The file does not contain enough data to completely fill
the target write area! Continuing will truncate the Write
Length to the File Length!
File: "1471.bin"
File Length: 1433600
Write Length: 2084864

Do you want to continue? Y/<N> or q to quit : y

PDR Region does not exist.

- Reading Flash [0x161000] 1400KB of 1400KB - 100% complete.

Error 7: Hardware sequencing failed. Make sure that you have access to target flash area!
Trying to erase the same block (iteration: 2)

Error 7: Hardware sequencing failed. Make sure that you have access to target flash area!
Trying to erase the same block (iteration: 3)

Failed to erase this block 3 times!!

Does anyone have any ideas? Sorry to bother you. Thanks in advanceā€¦

EDIT: Also just adding that I have a Gigabyte X79-UD3 rev 1.0 with a 4930k if that helps. Cheers.

Have you realised what your actual mistake was? You must use FWUpdate tool to update the ME firmware of a running system, not FPT. FWUpdate does not require any other work like setting configuration or similar, as explained at the first post. It might be easier to fix this problem by reflashing the BIOS given by Gigabyte from within the BIOS menu. So try that first.

Thanks Plutomaniac, I originally flashed the wrong ME with FWupdate so I was trying to get back to original with FPT, Iā€™ll try from the bios menu and see how I go. Thanks.

EDIT

Just flashed the original bios again and I still have a non functioning ME according to MEinfo64 (Error 9458: Communication error between application and Intel(R) ME module (FW Update client))

and MEmanuf64

Error 9256: Communication error between host application and Intel(R) ME FW

Error 9255: Internal error

Error 9296: MEManuf Test Failed

Sorry if Iā€™m missing something really simple.

Is there a Flash Image Tool- version or ME System Tools- package that supports Bios with Intel SPS 3 ME firmware? (Asus P9D-I, C222 chipset, bios 1801). Tried versions for normal ME or TXE- versions, they do (of course?) not work.

Thanks in advance!

Hey im new to this forum, please help me out, i have a alienware 15 r2 skylake 6700HQ, i think HM170 chipsetā€¦ it came with 11.0 firmware i believeā€¦ and BIOS is updated to latest one, 1.3.12ā€¦ could you tell me which version of ME firmware is proper one for my motherbaordā€¦ i updated to 11.7.4.3314 version, with latest ME Consumer driver 11.7.0.1035ā€¦ im not able to revert back to 11.0 firmwareā€¦ downgrade gets failedā€¦ just curios to know whether im using the right firmwareā€¦ thank you.

Hi, Iā€™m new to the forum. Not sure if this is the right place to ask such question.

Earlier this year, my Asus Z170 Hero Alpha mobo had a RMA due to the ME Version shows 0.0.0.0 in BIOS, after I try to update BIOS from v2202 to v3201.
When I got my replacement mobo, I succesfully updated BIOS from v2202 to v3401. Unfortunately, the ā€œME Version shows 0.0.0.0ā€ came back when I update the BIOS from v3401 to the latest v3504.

Symptoms:
PC is still bootable, but the post code in MB shows ā€œ01ā€ around 15 seconds before the ROG logo shows up/monitor light up, cause slow boot.
ME Version shows 0.0.0.0 in BIOS.
Intel Management Engine Interface despaired from Device Manager.
Not able to run Meinfo, it closes immediately. error.log: Internal error (Could not determine FW features information)
Not able to run FPTW64, it closes immediately when I press ANY key on the keyboard. error.log: Invalid parameter value specified by user. Use -? option to see help.

I have tried:
Clear CMOS; reflash BIOS; downgrade by using USB FLASHBACK BIOS; unplug power cable and battery; reinstall Windows ME driver but got error message ā€œThis platform is not supported.ā€

Any suggestion and advice will be appreciated.
ps. Will purchase a USB Programmer CH341A fix this issue?

fptw -greset, unplug power for 2 minutes, should fix itself.

PS. LOL, they all close immediately, fptw64 and meinfo and pretty much all those DOS mode tools, doooh, unless you run them in Command Prompt with admin mode.

Thanks for the reply =D
I did run the meinfowin64 by using CMD with Run As Admin, but I get the following errors:

Error 86: Communication error between application and Intel(R) ME module (FWU client)
Error 81: Internal error (Could not determine FW features information)

No shit ?
Of course you get the errors, because the ME Firmware is not there.
But you continue to avoid the proposed solution. Worked for me in the very same situation, just a different motherboard.

I just tried fptw64 -greset, pc reboots itself instead shutdown to let me unplug power.
Should I shutdown it normally, then unplug power and battery?

Nevermind, if a simple unplug is too complicated and you expect the computer to do it by itself, clearly the problem is far too great for you to solve.

I just tried fptw64 -greset, pc reboots itself instead shutdown to let me unplug power.
Should I shutdown it normally, then unplug power and battery?

1. I did the "simple unplug " and stated in my 1st post it did not work.
2. I did not ask HOW to unplug the power.

Can you please explain what problems may occur by doing so?

How i (always) update my BIOS:
1. Download latest from ASUS
2. Unlock FD using HEX-Editor
3. Update OROM/EFI modules using UBU
4. Import motherboard specific data (S/N, MAC, System UUID) using FD44Editor
5. Flash to the SPI using hardware programmer.

Last time i did all the things mentioned above plus updated ME Firmware to 11.7.0.3290 in DOS within FTK folder by running MEUPD.bat
The actual BIOS file 3504 from manufacturer contains 11.6.10.1196.

Did i do something wrong? As the 11.7.0.3290 is a RGN and i did not configure it via Flash Image Tool (do not even know what to do).

Thank you and sorry for my Englishā€¦