Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

Station-Drivers has posted Intel Management Engine (ME) Firmware Version 11.8.50.3399 (S&H) For Asus Z270 & Z170.

I didn’t know that Asus motherboards had their own specific ME?

Safe for a Z170-WS by Asus?

Thanks

Asus just made a frontend for FWUpdate, it will only update selected Asus motherboards, that´s the only difference, the FW is just a stock region.

So it will be as safe as flashing a stock region manually.

@Pacman ,

So all I do is run "MEUpdateTool.exe’ and it will do the rest?

Thanks

Yes, if your board is supported it will start updating, otherwise you will get an error message.

This is a very useful tool in my opinion as if it works you know that the manufacturer supported the updated as opposed to guess work.

Thank you

Edit: Says unsupported. Oh well. Not going to risk it. Tempted.

Well I went for it and updated my Asus Z170-WS to 11.8.50.3399 H manually using the ME.bin file in the package and it looks like it worked. I really can’t tell at the moment if anything went wrong
or if my system will blow up in two weeks…

Thanks

If you know that it happens to other owners of the same board, the problem is at the BIOS. If it’s only at your mobo, there might be some unique hardware issue at play.

problem asus no deteck hardisk …asus x455ld please help me

@ plutomaniac
ok if I want flash newer ME

command(with admin rights in windows) will be FWUpdLclWin64 -f newME.bin? (where newME will be 9.0.31.1487_1.5MB_PRD_RGN.bin in my case)? the file has RGN but Analyzes says Extracted it is ok?

Also it shows that FD is unlocked, that means if I use Gigabyte bios flasher ME region is fully reflashed(DATA+CODE)?

MEAnalyzer.PNG

I just wanted to restate that updating my Asus Z170-WS to 11.8.50.3399 (S & H) was a success.

Found Release notes on Station-Drivers that are interesting to say the least:

Release note:

Fix) Mitigated security vulnerability.
• (Fix) Failure to confirm remote configuration is enabled when running Intel® Common Services FW compliance test CS_040
• (Fix) Failure of Intel (R) ICC Compliance FW ICC_TST_02 at test step 4 with an error message "HECI CMD Status = 0x00000034 (NO_SUCH_TARGET_ID) ".
• (Fix) FWUpdate will fail in the case of picture pre-update module
• (Fix) Playready DRM returns wrong value.
• (Fix) Failed to Get Record via CCT tool with INVALID_PARAMS
• (Fix) ICCWDT is not universal driver
• (Fix) Remove win7 support.

Thanks to Pacman!

Q: "I don’t understand X"
A: "Read it again."

Yes that’ll help

I love the work you have done, much appreciated

I have one question ASUS Z170 impact viii, they released a ME UPDATE TOOL to update the Bios ME FW to 11.8.50.3399

my OS INTEL ME is still 11.0.0.1160 , they advise everyone to upgrade to 11.7.0.1040

reading your first page it says anyone on the 6 series chipset should not upgrade to this? my CPU is 6700 Skylake

also my OS is windows 7

your advice is much appreciated , I have updated the ME FW, I just need advice if to update to 10.7.0.1040 in OS

My feeling is that you got to be running the 3000 bios series for it to work. I’m psyched it worked on my Z170-WS.

Your feeling is wrong.
As long as the BIOS was already updated with the ME FW 11.6.x.xxxx it does not matter which BIOS version you are using. Also, the ME FW should work with all boards using the compatible chipsets, as long as the BIOS was updated with the FW 11.6.x.xxxx. The only incompatibility is if the BIOS was not updated to FW 11.6 and is still running FW 11.0, then the update to 11.8 might not start, or fail, or even worse, mess up the board.

are you replying to me? 3000 series bios for what to work? 10.7.0.1140?

I am on 2202 bios, it successfully updated ME FW in bios

what are you on skylake or Kaby? as I heard 3000 series bios is not really for skylake but for Kaby

@Ataemonus

If you say so. I just know in my case when I updated my bios to the 3002 release from 900 Asus also updated the 11.0 all the way up to 11.6 so I assumed the 3000 series release was special. I guess I was wrong.

@asus11

Yes I was replying to you. I’m on Skylake and I never heard that the 3000 release was a Kaby Lake Exclusive release. If that was the case there would have been a warning though I did experience a video card issue when I upgraded up to 3105 for my board. The latest for you is 3504 and Asus even through in a ME update tool for you. I would listen to what others have said and make sure your on 11.6 ME at least before you run it. Wonder if the update tool checks for that. Also immediately upgrade your ME drivers to 11.7.0.1040 before you reboot.

I have on the latest Intel ME now 11.8 & latest OS ME 11.7

what I meant was, yes the new 3000 bios versions will work, but they are more aimed at making kaby better etc if you know what I mean

Hello, I would like to ask what will be the best driver to Intel Management Engine in Haswell ? what numer ?
Regards

Guys, ignore that useless ASUS update package that everyone is obsessed with. It’s useless, just a wrapper over FWUpdate with the RGN firmware. There is no ASUS specific update over FWUpdate, no unique to some motherboard FWUpdate wrapper. Just update the firmware manually via FWUpdate and the latest compatible firmware, as provided in the first post. It shouldn’t have been posted at SD to begin with, makes no sense.

@ Dromadus:

The answer is at the first post.

After Clean install 1709 Windows 10 installed driver with version 11.0.0.1157 IME , should I change this for my IME OEM ? or don’t I need do this ?

I think Windows update will give you v11.6.0.1026 right? If no issue, just stick with it.