Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

@100PIER :
plutomaniac will be able to write more about the usability of this brandnew Intel MEI driver with its extraordinary version number.
By the way: I had no problem to get the new Intel HECI driver v1803.12.0.1093 manually installed onto my Z170 chipset system.
The compatibility depends on the DeviceID of the Intel(R) Management Engine Interface (the MEI DeviceID of my Z170 system is DEV_A13A).
Here is the related excerpt for Win10 x64 from the heci.inf file:

HECI driver v1803.12.0.1093 compatibility.png

Thanks Fernando,
My MEI DeviceID is DEV_8D3A and yes is not supported as heci.inf file for W10 x64 does indicate.
So, I assume this new branch driver is developped for new generation (and however does support very recent only) chipset and get a new labelleing instead of a expected "v12.x" branch.

Help me please, my laptop HP 8560w. File size its 4 292kb.

??????.JPG

The included new Intel MEI drivers have the version 1803.12.0.1093.
Maybe this strange numbering indicates, that these drivers have been designed by Intel for the upcoming v1803 (Readstone4) of Win10.

EDIT: Ok, after having read plutomaniac’s link I have realized, that the first 4 numbers mean the year and the week, when the related driver has been compiled by Intel (1803 means the 3rd week of 2018). Thanks to plutomaniac!

Check the 2nd Note of Section A from the (CS)TXE thread. The same will be added here when these stuff are officially announced/released.

i have Asus Rampage V X99 can i firmware?

1803.12.0.1093 MEI driver is now on Windows Update catalog. Looking at INF it advertises Cannon Lake ME12 support. It also supports ME11.x and ME10 as such it supports Broadwell and above. However in a weird twist it doesn’t seam to advertise Cofee Lake support.

1803.12.0.1093 MEI driver is for Skylake-X too, I believe (ok for me)

How did you solved the issue ?
I am also getting an error "Error 8714: Firmware update not initiated due to file [6.2.61.3535.bin] open or read failure" in a different motherboard.

Thanks

1803.12.0.1093 MEI driver , " not supported on this platform "…???
How is possible , now using version 11.7.0.1057 on Win10 x64 .
Seems not possible to update to this latest driver , while some driver-update software saying ; have to update to 1803.12.0.1093…???

Any advice…??

Win10 1709, latest build , ASUS Z97-K, latest bios.

@Pete12 :
If you do a look into the related INF files, you will realize, that systems with a Haswell CPU are not supported by the Intel MEI driver v1803.12.0.1093.

Thank you , so my 11.7.0.1057 is latest for sure !!
I can ignore this " update " and will wait for update which will support Haswell CPU .

On my Z97 I have installed latest 11.7.0.1065…

" On my Z97 I have installed latest 11.7.0.1065 "…not true !
This is the number of the driver-pack , when you look at the drivers, inside , you will see they all have version number ; 11.7.0.1057 !
These are the same drivers as I have on my Z97-K , there are no newer , so far…

Yes, I meant driver packs.

Hello.I have a asus laptop N550jv with windows 10 .When i try to install MEI driver got this massage:Your computer does not meet the minimum requirement for installing the software.
Motherboard Chipset: Intel HM86 (Lynx Point)

Intel CSME 11.21 Corporate PCH-H Firmware v11.21.50.1451

Capture.PNG

I have been reading this very interesting thread and tried to use the provided Clock Control Tool for the ME and I am getting ‘Error 4007: MEI INITIALIZATION FAILED’.
I aquired some documentation on the CCT and how to use it and it has a section on error messages but unfortunately I am not sure why the initialization failed or what it would indicate beyond perhaps an incorrect driver/firmware version.

Do any of you know how I could figure this issue out so I can get CCT to run and is this an indicator that I perhaps need to update my ME firmware?

@ GMAHN:

MEI is the driver needed to communicate with the Engine co-processor (ME). Are you sure you have a proper one installed? Check Section A to download the latest one. Are you able to run MEInfo and MEManuf tools?

@plutomaniac

I installed the driver from section A and I was able to run all the tools.
I previously downloaded my other driver from Intel but obviously I did something wrong :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: