Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Drivers Version 10.0.25.1048 on Station drivers…

Edit:
Seems is 10.0.20.1258 inside.

@ ex58:
Thanks for the info regarding the new Intel MEI drivers at Satation-Drivers.

Indeed - both packages (1.5M and 5M) do contain the same Intel MEI drivers v10.0.20.1258 dated 05/09/2014, but different MEI Software.

EDIT/Correction:
The Intel MEI drivers v10.0.20.1258 WHQL are dated 06/24/2014, but by mistake shown within the INF file as being dated 05/09/2014.
Conclusion: These are the newest Intel MEI drivers (newer than the previously offered v10.0.25.1006 ones).

Thankz again, my friend.

Got that right, look at chipset drivers, they do not need to be to friendly anymore, we buy the boards. Listening to foobar xlr asus muse right now and it sounds fantastic. All feels smoother here.

Cheers

@ all:

Update of the Start Post
Changelog:

• new: Intel MEI Drivers & Software Set v10.0.25.1048 WHQL for GbE 1.5M systems
  • new: Intel MEI Drivers & Software Set v10.0.25.1048 WHQL for GbE 5M systems
  • new: 32/64bit Intel MEI Drivers v10.0.20.1258 WHQL (usable with GbE 1.5M and 5M systems)

Enjoy the new Intel MEI drivers and the ME Software (if you take the complete package)!
Fernando

Is it worth taking the complete package for my system (Z77 Sabertooth)?

Thanks!

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted text deleted (to save space)

@ DeathStalker:

I always have just installed the Intel MEI driver with my Z68 and Z77 systems, because I hate it to have a lot of applications running in the background (only exception: my Antivirus program).

Believe your edit to be true. Back to 10.0.25.1006.

Regards

Is there a way to extract just the drivers from the current full package? (Or is that something you are planning to do?)

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I had it already done, but you obviously didn’t find them.
Look here:
[[File:Intel MEI driver extracted.png|none|auto]]

They are buried in a cab file. 7-zip is free and your friend on these

\intel_mei_10.0.25.1006(www.station-drivers.com).exe\SetupME.exe\ME_MEI_Drivers_x64.msi\drivers.cab\x64<br />
Regards

Hello Fernando,
today I decide to register on this forum,
because im not sure what to do proper install of new ME driver.

I would like to ask for your Advice.

I have read multiple times your info about all of your versions for ME/MEI drivers - and ways how to install/update it.

My pc is MSI GE60-OND-298 [Quad core i7-3630QM Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz, MB- HM76 (Intel Express 7-series mobile), 1. GPU - Intel HD4000,
2. GPU - nVidia GTX660M, 8GB DDR RAM, 750GB HDD] which
was originally shipped with pre-installled Win 8 x64. all problems began after update to Win 8.1 in late October 2013.

Most of the problems i am having with GPUs and pc performance that got much lower in the meantime (since November 2013).
I tried to uninstall all of old (outdated Win8 drivers) drivers for both GPUs - but the second one isnt still working for more demanding apps,
even they are chosen in individual settings inside the Nvidia control panel.

I am very upset because i am a man who can set others pcs, flash bioses correctly and doing sw maintenance tasks for pc and laptops.
I updated BIOS and FW to latest, but found out lately that the ME/MEI driver and old (original) chipset driver could be the cause of the problems.

But problems with my own new laptop are not easy to get rid off.

There seem i had found the way how to solve them- uninstall all network drivers, GPU drivers,
drivers of peripherals built on MB and then uninstall my current buggy (2012) ME/MEI drivers and update reinstall chipset INF driver.

Current state:

- my CPU has this code: 1E3A (Intel 7-series/C216)

- Intel INF chipset driver 9.3.0.1025 (outdated - originally from 2012 /MSI, installed)
- Intel Management Component driver v8.1.0.1281 (ME drv)
- Intel Management Engine Interface driver 9.0.0.1287 (MEI drv)
- Intel Control Center driver 1.2.1.1008
- System Requirements LAB for Intel Driver 4.5.22

For replacement i have this:

- Intel Chipset driver 9.4.0.1027 (for desktop and mobile boards based on Intel 7-series Desktop/Express = mobile)

- Intel drivers from this forum -> MEI_allOS_1.5M_8.1.40.1416. + update Intel ME8 1.5MB FWUpdate v8.1.52.1496

and Intel MEI 1.5M Drivers & Software Set v10.0.25.1048 WHQL or Intel MEI Drivers & Software Set v10.0.25.1006

So Please, can you recommend me - which of your installer-versions for update Intel ME/MEI drivers should i install and are proper for my laptop?
And do i really need to reinstall INF chipset driver and then installl new ME drivers?
Can you tell me correct order in which shall the every one of these ME drivers be installed?

Thanks in advance, (Danke)
Kazbek

@ kazbek3015:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Before you install/flash any Intel ME components (drivers, software, firmware), you should check the ME and GBe region of your system by running the related MEInfo tool.
If you get the info, that you have an Intel ME8 system with a GBe region 1.3 or 1.5, I recommend to flash the latest Intel ME firmware v8.1.52.1496 and to install the latest Intel ME driver v10.0.20.1258 WHQL.

Since the OS Win8.1 has all required INF files on board, which are needed to detect and to manage your Intel 7-Series chipset system devices, you do not need to install any separate "Intel Chipset Device Software" components (so called Intel chipset "drivers").

After a clean install of Windows 8.1 onto my Intel Z77 system I have just flashed the latest appropriate Intel ME firmware and installed the latest appropriate Intel ME driver via Device Manager. I never installed any "Intel Chipset Device Software" package or component.

Regards
Fernando

Okay, thanks for your advice.

The Gbe region - I checked it other way… via Device manager, and by using speecy and cpu-z. I tried to use your tool ME8info,
but it somehow didnt worked - it hadnt show anything like your picture in the first post.

I’m already sure that i have ME8 series drivers/software - as i mentioned before.

But wouldnt installation of 8.1.52.1496 ME firmaware and then instalation of 10.0.xxxx driver software cause some mess for the motherboard?

If possible i would like to install only ME8 fw and software - for consistency. I would be happy to know some solution from that driver 8-serie.

And just i am still a bit unsure not to install 9.4.0.1027 chipset driver - because my current one is sure buggy and doesnt work properly for my Win8.1 (because the original Win8 chipset INF driver is from october or november of 2012)…
I found some shabby info about that thing on msi support page/forum - where i am registered and asked for help, but they still doesnt give there some more current INF driver to download - and suitable for HM76 express chipset.

But until now i didnt find the cure to this, except wipe all VGA drivers, other mothrboard affiliated drivers- like cardreader, MSI supercharger, MSI SCM and few others, me/mei drivers and fw and for sure install more current INF driver released to work in Win 8.1 (and at least from 2013)

So i would like to know some consistent update for ME8 driver and Firmware (alltogether), and i sure would try to install new chipset driver (that Intel 9.4.1027 - it from official intel support = latest recommended inf driver my board)

Please answer me on this as soon as you can, and correct if i am wrong at some part - because i never did something like ME/MEI installation or update.
I have only very good knowledge in flashing/updating bioses (succesfully updated around 25 PCs bioses) and its dedicated fw.

Thanks for your kindness, mister.

Best regards
from Kazbek

What did the ME8Info tool show? Please post a screenshot.

It will not, if you had chosen the ME Firmware and driver version, which is suitable for your system.
The Intel ME drivers v10.0.xx.xxxx definitively are matching ME8 systems.

One of the most overestimated "drivers" are the so-called "Intel Chipset Drivers" (Intel names them "Intel Chipset Device Software" or "INF Update Utility"):
1. These packages do not contain any real driver (= .SYS file), but just text files (readable with notepad).
2. The version number of the packages is absolutely misleading, because the inside being INF files usually have other version and date numbers.
3. Many INF files of the "Intel Chipset Device Software" do nothing else than simply renaming the related Intel chipset device and don’t give the device any additional functionality.
4. Intel usually doesn’t update any of the included INF files (unless the previous text was faulty or the device name should be changed).
5. When Intel offers a new "INF Update Utility" package with a higher version number, it doesn’t automaticly mean, that there are new INF files for 7-Series Chipsets inside.
Nevertheleass you may run the installer of the latest Intel Chipset Device Software for your chipset and look what happens.

AFAIK the latest "Intel Chipset Device Software" for your chipset is v9.3.2.1020 (this package has been built at 02/27/2014). You can find it at Station-Drivers.

Hi again, I would like to try that Intel INF driver v.9.3.2.1020 -
i checked its release info - it says Ivy Town (not Ivy Bridge - which i have).

I would like to clear one thing: I updated my OS from Win 8 to Win 8.1 via Windows Store on 19th October 2013.
This spring i updated to Win8.1 Update 1 via Windows Update.
I reinstalled (uninstalled and then installed more current) drivers after each OS update to wipe bugs of the older drivers. Most problems i had after update from win 8 to 8.1 when the VGAs vbegan to behave not correctly - so installed more proper version of both.

During that update Windows misbehaved old Win8 drivers - namely Intel chipset driver, ME/MEI, GPU drivers which were weirdly updated to newer, most of them i had to update manually using more proper one.

I didnt performed a clean install of Win 8.1, i just cleaned all drivers affected by OS update - as was written in how-tos on MSI support/forum -
and installed their updated drivers, e.g. fgor GPUs i used more up to date drivers from Intel and Nvidia support.

The Inf chipset 9.4.0.1027 driver is from this support thread: http://pcsupport.about.com/b/2013/11/20/…-7-vista-xp.htm
And there is said it is for 7-series chipsets… so now i am bit confused.

To topic again> Btw how do i enable in cmd as administrator (because i fact i am the only user of my laptop, and my account IS administrator account - protected by password). / Not actual.

I somehow solved it already. Here is previewe what i found about my ME/MEI software and driver - look at the end of post.

The GBe is not able to show, altough i have official updated MSI BIOS and firmware (last builds - for Win 8.1).
For BIOS it is E16GAIMS.514, firmware is 16GAEMS1.506

Still not sure about current version of chipset driver (originally it was Win8 INF driver 9.3.0.1025). now i think i have something other what is corrupted.

Thanks in advance

AFAIK all Intel CPUs except Haswell are supported by that package.

Your experience verifies, that a clean OS installation by booting off the latest image version (currently available: Spring Update 2014) is the best/safest solution, if you want a stable system without too much garbage.

Both packages (v9.4.0.11027 and v9.3.2.1020) do support your chipset and probably do contain the absolutely similar INF files for your system.

Right click onto the "Start" button and choose the option "Command Prompt (Admin)".

Many thanks for your patience, I will do as you have earlier recommended. This week i will take the action.

I would like to do a clean Win 8.1 install, but currently dont have so much time to back up all my files and reinstalling whole Win from bottom.
Also i rather would like to update directly (from installtion iso) to 8.1 Update 2 - which does not exist now - at least wait until there is (on the SW forums) MSDN a iso with it.

I am surely planning to make clean install this winter, now i will try to only repair buggy ME + Intel fw drivers.

For now, I will just uninstall drivers and then update ME/MEIdrivers as you have told me.

I have one another PC - older from late 2007 with Win 7 SP1 Pro - which is working properly (has updated to last BIOS and fw) as my work machine and as backup pc for the newest one.

I will inform you later if this "classic" update way was succesful or not… then still clean OS update is last resort.

Bye and thanks again for all your advices

Hi Fernando,

ASRock offers on their web site IME Version 10.0.0.1204 for the new series of mobo’s equipped with Z97 or H97 chip set (e.g. this one). Today I found this note, which wasn’t there before: “Before installing Intel ME driver, please click it to install Windows Update KB2685811.”. The KB2685811 is the “Kernel Mode Driver Framework Version 1.11 for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2”.

Interesting thing. When I do a fresh install of Win 7, all drivers are installed before I run Windows update.

best regards
Torsten

Hi
Posted here:
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php…0.1005-(1.5Mo)/

With flash & info Tools.

@ hcwuschel:
Thanks for your info.
Since I have an ASRock Z97 Extreme6 board, I have seen the ASRock advice to download KB2685811 before installing the Intel ME driver v10.0.0.1024 as well. I was wondering why I should install an MS hotfix, which has been designed for Win7 onto my Win8.1 system.
Then I installed the latest Intel ME drivers v10.0.20.1258 WHQL without having followed ASRock’s advice. Everything went fine. Maybe I was just lucky…