Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

@TigTex I agree useless services will slow down the PC and only use resources like RAM, CPU and I/O, that is why I have disabled 2 component drivers if you check my post #5005 you can see the Image.

Installing drivers for hardware will increase the performance, for example, installing VGA drivers will take much resources but will make your PC much faster, I think it is the case with Intel ME

Regarding Intel ME, I tried once disabling the device on device manager as someone suggested in Microsoft Forum, but it didnā€™t help my laptop failed to sleep as I recall, but that was with a different older firmware.

ON Topic: I think I found the solution, it is the LMS and DAL services, cause every time I install the older driver now it installed these services and the laptop fails to sleep/wake up every single time, not one it could sleep with the services installed. bur before there was no problem for a while, days for sure

So I decided to try the new driver without these services, I installed W8 which it is not for Windows8 as Windows 8 is not supported long time ago, I think 8 here refers to something else or maybe a Intel didnā€™t rename in purpose to distinguish it as none DCH. but it is not a DCH and Windows 10 will not force the services through windows update, cause these drivers will not add components devices.

The results are amazing:

My laptop is super fast, it is like buying a new laptop, I canā€™t believe how much the response is now, no High CPU usage, and so far my laptop could sleep/wake up so many times.

I think I fixed the problem now ā€¦ will return for sure but I think it is fixed now.

Ā 
Intel(R) ME code versions:
Ā 
BIOS Version E1815IMS.312
MEBx Version 0.0.0.0000
GbE Version Unknown
Vendor ID 8086
PCH Version 31
FW Version 11.8.78.3681 H
Security Version (SVN) 3
LMS Version Not Available
MEI Driver Version 2013.14.0.1529
Wireless Hardware Version Not Available
Wireless Driver Version Not Available
Ā 
FW Capabilities 0x31111140
Ā 
Intel(R) Capability Licensing Service - PRESENT/ENABLED
Protect Audio Video Path - PRESENT/ENABLED
Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader - PRESENT/ENABLED
Intel(R) Platform Trust Technology - PRESENT/ENABLED
Ā 

To sum, in my case it was the services/drivers DAL, iCLS and LMS that were causing the problem, installing just the driver "W8" fixes the problem. But please note, installing the W10 drivers will force these services by Windows Update cause it install them as component drivers.

I have seen so many complaining about sleeping/wake up issue due to Intel ME, I hope this post may help some.

Thanks,

Edit:

Although my windows is 1909, these W8 Drivers not only fixes the problem, but they made my laptop supper computer as it should be,

I am so happy no, gonna report to Intel

Intel CSME 14.0 Consumer PCH-H A Firmware v14.0.37.1165

Capture1.PNG

Intel CSME 14.0 Corporate PCH-H A Firmware v14.0.37.1165

Capture2.PNG

Intel CSME 14.0 Corporate PCH-LP B,A Firmware v14.0.35.1147

Capture3.PNG

Is there a workaround for ā€œLower ARB SVNā€ error? Iā€™ve flashed to a much newer ME firmware than my manufacturer provides and the file sizes are different ā€¦ I fear I might have broken something here and now I canā€™t go back. :expressionless:

If the OEM has enabled the Anti-Rollback (ARB) Security Version Number (SVN) option, you cannot downgrade to a firmware of a lower ARB SVN because a permanent fuse (FPF) is burned on the PCH/SoC with that value. Check the current PCH/SoC FPF via MEInfo tool.

I see it seems I have modified this by flashing much newer firmware than my manufacturer provided, however my machine still works fine ā€¦ I think? Is there a way to downgrade to the firmware they provided?

Alos maybe you can check my thread about cleaning ME on my laptop also? I posted my full dump and flash decriptor bins. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I checked my BIOS settings and the Anti-Rollback stuff is Disabled ā€¦ is there any other way to downgrade?

I noticed this too - Flash Tool is adding some extra lines in HxD my original firmware doesnā€™t seem to have ā€¦ it flashed successfully anyhow.

BIOS has nothing to do with CSME ARB SVN. I told you how to look for its value. You have no reason to downgrade if it works just fine. Iā€™m not interested in me_cleaner utility.

I see itā€™s value has went up yes, this is why I canā€™t flash back down.

Iā€™m not interested in me_cleaner either, Iā€™m intersted in removing ME from my system?

Hi @all,

12.0 Consumer PCH-H B, A Firmware v12.0.65.1567 I could not find this file. I think Iā€™m getting old. Can anyone write the place know?

Thanks.

ME 3 DISABLED 3 Stickered Noob.
I have a Dell OptiPlex 9010 the sister of the Dell OptiPlex 7010, both manufactured Mid 2012.
ME DISABLED 3. I tried very hard to make sure I would receive an AMT DEFAULT 1 Stickered unit, unfortunately my directions where not understood, or likely all stickered 3ā€™s.
Iā€™m finding the Dell Business OptiPlex 's 7010 & 9010 are ME DISABLED 3 for Businesses that need a high level of security. AMT is a remote management feature of Intel ME.

Iā€™ve read & read, in order to not be bothersome, difficult in 335 Pages and unable to find exactly in the OptiPlex 7010 and VPro/AMT/ME 11 Pages, appears Iā€™m the first 9010 ME 3 DISABLED 3, sorry in advance. 335 Pages, is crazy.
I canā€™t find simple play by play details, what I need. Everything is directed to Page One. I understand the jumper fully.
What exact link do I need to download & its name description? Then all the steps, to make a Dell OptiPlex 9010 ME AMT A30_AMT.bin
I need the complete sentence by sentence details how to make an A30_AMT.bin fparts.txt fpt.exe.
Download location for Intel FIT Flash Image Tools? And exact line description for download.
Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

My BIOS right now is @ A09. ME AMT will need BIOS updated to A30?
9010 is A30 18 Jul 2018, I have already downloaded the newest BIOS O9010A30.exe

Will it be faster for somebody to make rather than explain the how to details?
Although it would be nice to have.
Thank you, hate being a noob, experienced, but amateur on this topic. Hope itā€™s okay to post here. Anxious to move on in life.

Intel CSME 12.0 Corporate PCH-H B,A Firmware v12.0.67.1579

Capture.PNG

is disabling ME would make locked / non-K 10th gen processor overclockable with BLCK increasing ?
10400 couldnt be overclock more then 102.9MHZ BLCK out of the box

ty

Intel CSME 14.0 Corporate PCH-LP B,A Firmware v14.0.37.1165

Capture1.PNG

Intel CSME 12.0 Slim PCH-H B,A Firmware v12.0.66.1574

Capture2.PNG

Intel CSME 11.8 Slim PCH-H D,A Firmware v11.8.78.3681

Capture3.PNG

Intel CSME 11.8 Slim PCH-LP C Firmware v11.8.78.3681

Capture4.PNG

Intel CSME System Tools v14.0.20+ r5 - (2020-07-06)
For Comet Lake H/LP systems which run CSME v14.0.20 or newer

Intel CSME System Tools v14.0.11- r1 - (2020-07-06)
For Comet Lake H/LP systems which run CSME v14.0.11 or older

Is there a list of changes? There is nothing on the Intel site.
CSME: 12.0.67.1579
PMC: 300.2.11.1025

Another bifurcation ? Geezā€¦intel has gone nuts.

Nah, it is just that something got changed at CSME 14.0.20+ which made the old firmware incompatible with newer FIT. With the complexity of Engine firmware, Iā€™m surprised this doesnā€™t happen often. Intel does seem to try their best to keep compatibility between firmware and tool versions.

Hmm, something is wrong on my end. I tried to build an image with FIT using the latest tools and firmware 14.0.37.1165 from here, along with PMC 140.2.01.1011, when I try to build is says Error 236: [Ifwi Actions] Failed to load input file. PMC binary selected doesnā€™t match PCH SKU selection. Please select appropriate binary supporting PCH SKU.

Follow the instructions again, a step was added.

I genuinely do not get it. If you man the Integrated Sensor Hub, that is set to NO.
I selected the PCH configuration file, 14.0.0.7001, or maybe I chose the wrong one, because same error.

Error 236: [Ifwi Actions] Failed to load input file. PMC binary selected doesnā€™t match PCH SKU selection. Please select appropriate binary supporting PCH SKU.
PMC Binary File: E:\2\CMP_140.2.01.1011_H_A_PRD.bin
Error 20: [Csme Binary Gen] Error executing pre-build actions.
Error 2: Failed to build.
Failed to build!

OK, finally, the silly FIT default to CMP LP and thatā€™s why it happened.
Now the image is built, but itā€™s 2.92MB in size, compared to 2.82MB, the size of the official ASUS one from their website, which is a different version indeed, but still.
Wish me luck, lol, hope that it does not flash if itā€™s the wrong image instead of ruining ME firmware.

Yeah, does not work : Error 506: The internal structure of the Update Image is corrupted.

Any help would be very much appreciated.