Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

Intel CSME version detection tool
Intel’s management engine vulnerability detection tool

InSpectre
Meltdown and Spectre vulnerability detection tool

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI/AMT) Version 2048.15.0.2027 WHQL

CSME 14.0 Corporate H A v14.0.47.1558

Capture1.PNG

CSME 14.0 Corporate LP B,A v14.0.47.1558

Capture2.PNG

@ onuracengiz:

That is a BIOS option, not related to this thread.

Is it possible to upgrade a ME 8.1.x firmware to a later version, i.e. >8.1.x such as 9.x and so?

This driver removed the software components for me (Z370 motherboard) and WU updated the Generic entries them with outdated Intel drivers, but just 2 out of the 3 software comps.
Gonna reinstall the older driver.

MEI Drivers & Software v2101.15.0.2080 DCH (Windows 10 >= 1709)

CSME 14.0 Consumer LP B,A v14.0.47.1558

Capture.PNG

This driver removed the software components for me (Z370 motherboard) and WU updated the Generic entries them with outdated Intel drivers, but just 2 out of the 3 software comps.

try the new 2101.15.0.2080 version if something similar happens let it uninstall (odd though,it should not do that),cut the connection,use have disk method.if still the new driver has not been accepted this possibly means its the end of the road for your device which translates to you wont need to worry about the updates anymore,thats the lastest version (previous one) possible for your device

try the new 2101.15.0.2080 version if something similar happens let it uninstall (odd though,it should not do that),cut the connection,use have disk method.if still the new driver has not been accepted this possibly means its the end of the road for your device which translates to you wont need to worry about the updates anymore,thats the lastest version (previous one) possible for your device

This last driver worked normally like all the others. The previous one only updated Intel ME, without the software components.
Back to normal now.

Good to hear

CSME 15.0 Consumer H A v15.0.21.1549

Capture1.PNG

PMC TGP H B v150.2.10.1010

Capture2.PNG

PHY P TGP v12.14.211.2011

Capture3.PNG

Hello, i have a problem :
i have a desktop pc with a motherboard Asus Z97-A . And with Dumo software, it informs me that a major update is available since several years ,but i never managed to install it :

- Intel Management Engine Interface 2040.100.0.1029

On page 1 of this topic, in A1 i tried to install the " Intel MEI Drivers Software v2101.15.0.2080 DCH " or " MEI Software v2044.15.0.1951 MSI "
but when i run the setup, windows stops it and replies :
" this platform is not supported "

And i also downloaded the driver only on page 1 of this topic in A2 : " MEI Driver v2040.100.0.1029 (Windows 8, 10 <= 1703) "

but when i go to my device manager > system peripherals > Intel Management Engine Interface > right click mouse > properties > driver > update driver > browse my computer for driver software
and that i go to the place where i downloaded the IMEI :
Windows does not want to install the IMEI it always tells me that i already have the most recent driver installed while this is wrong of course, i currently have the IMEI version :
11.7.0.1057 old from 19/11/2017

sorry for my average english, i’m french .Do you know a solution? thank you in advance for your help

No its not wrong at all, DUMO relies on general information…not specific HW ID.
If u use for ex: Driver Easy it will point u the the version u got now and last one for Z97, ME9 as the 11.7.0.1057.
Its pointed in point A related to older chipsets 7 8 9

Acer vn7-792g
Intel 100series/c230 chipset

ME firmware successfully updated to 11.8.82.3838
ME software successfully updated to 2047.100.0.1039 (Intel MEI v2101.15.0.2080)

Tools used;
CSME Firmware v11.8.82.3838 (CON H DA)
Intel CSME System Tools v11 r37
ME_Analyzer_v1.185.0_r227
Intel CSME Version Detection Tool

ME detection tool.jpg

CSME 13.0 Consumer LP D v13.0.40.1738

Capture.PNG

thank you. Although novice to firmwares, while you are experts here,
…it seems bizarre to me, it’s badly done
because Dumo software for years had found me a dozen updates to do .And i had done them all and they were all successful !
dumo detects my configuration this is the one i prefer all other drivers softwares because it is extremely precise,this is the one who found me the most drivers to update
that’s why i have trouble understanding why he would make a mistake by informing me that this driver : MEI Driver v2040.100.0.1029 is available for my motherboard ?

Ur problem is not related to ME Firmware 9 period. Ur question is related to the driver and if u check latest versions presented (Modern ones) u will not find ur HW ID in the INF of the driver.
Wot u need is in section D1 or D4

MEI Software v11.7.0.1069 includes MEI Driver v11.7.0.1057 which is the latest supported version for that system
You can try and possibly update it’s firmware though
if you are already using bios version 2801 (not the latest but 3503 is beta therefore i dont recommend it)

this is ME Analyzer report;

z97-a.jpg

so you need this firmware ; ME 9.1 1.5MB v9.1.40.1000
and this tool; ME System Tools v9.1 r7

Thank you for your answers
@onuracengiz thank you for your links.

i’m still in bios 2801 ,will the 2 tools you just gave me work with my version of bios?

also i am a novice and i do not know if these 2 tools are complicated or not to understand, to use ?
should i run this one first? : ME 9.1 1.5MB v9.1.40.1000 then this one next? : ME System Tools v9.1 r7 and that’s all? or will there be some settings / parameters that i have to do with them?

Guide is very detailed and can be look overwhelming at first glance but it’s easy and pretty straightforward.
You only need the part which applies to you and your device
Firmware link has one file in it.and well,it is the firmware file you need to update your device
Tool link includes the files you need to update your device using that firmware
highly recommended to read all and follow it to the latter inorder to avoid mistakes,you can brick your device

that being said,here is the oversimplified example,
download your bios file and ME Analyzer.if bios is in exe format extract it.you will see bin,rom or fd file,one those is the file you need.now drag it into ME analyzer exe.it will analyze and give you the information you need in order to find the right fimware file.
hints are sku,size,type.firmware file types are upd (update) ,rgn (region) and extr (extracted,considered dirty) (see my previous post,I have downloaded your bios,analyzed it and uploaded picture before commenting)
now download appropriate version of your management engine’s tool and firmware files,unzip both. (exp. ME 9.1 1.5MB v9.1.40.1000 & ME System Tools v9.1 r7)
copy the firmware file,find FWUpdate folder inside the system tools.you may see two more inside,windows and dos.pick the windows.if you have found FWUpdLcl or FWUpdLcl64.exe you are in the right place.now paste the firmware file
run cmd with admin rights,open up the folder where the FWUpdLcl and the firmware is (cd C:\Users\your name\Downloads\ME System Tools v9.1 r7\FWUpdate\Windows)
run it with the command, FWUpdLcl -f your firmware’s mane.bin
wait till it finished,restart,enjoy.you can use Intel’s CSME Version Detection Tool to verify
then visit the other section to update your other devices,chipset,rapid storage etc.good luck

CSME 14.1 Consumer H A v14.1.52.1560

Capture1.PNG

PHY P CMP v12.14.211.2011

Capture2.PNG

Note: For CSME 14.1 Consumer H users, use the attached FWUpdate image while we wait for a newer FIT without the missing PHY input field bug. It includes the following:

CSME 14.1 Consumer H A v14.1.52.1560
PMC CMP H A v140.2.01.1015
PCHC CMP H/LP v14.0.0.7002
PHY P CMP v12.14.211.2011

Also, “instructions” for CSME 14.1 were added to the OP (How to use CSME v14.1 FWUpdate Tool).

FWUpdate_14.1_CON_H_A.rar (1.76 MB)