Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

MEI Drivers and Software v2216.16.0.2805 (Windows 10 >= 1709)

MEI Driver v2214.0.85.0 (Win10)

CSME 15.40 SVR LP B v15.40.26.2619

4 Likes

alternative 2218 package
version 2218

official from DELL β€œextract” …,install setupME or files INF
,.,.looks newer, but I’m not sure how to determine the status of DCH?

2216 vs 2218

1 Like

@NeXt3R
2218 the newest.

Installing MEI Driver 2214.0.85.0 on Windows 11 produces yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager with Code 52 (digital signature verification problem). Previous version is without that symptom.
Is it just my (2) system(s), or am I missing something?

All OK on my system, running Windows 11.

@Geth
Which item (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_xxxx)?

@westlake
That would be PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2BA (both cases).

i have the same issue with 2214.0.85.0 in windows 11, digital signature verification. Yellow exclamation mark.

device = PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43E0

still running firmware 15.0.35.1932, maybe that is the cause.

@Geth , @GnarZ77

Yes, version 2214.0.85.0 is the latest. Clearly Windows has some kind of signature problem. Microsoft (old) vs. Intel (new). You might want to use an older version. Maybe 2211.2.3.0 is the previous one.

By the way, 2214.0.85.0 works fine for me with Windows 11 (25145.1011). True, it’s an old ME (series 11).

2211.2.3.0 is working fine, thanks (previously I’ve used 2204.2.62.0).
Btw, one board is at 11.8.81.3807, the other one is at 12.0.81.1753 firmware-wise. Odd.

Windows version? 21H1 (22000.xxx) or 22H2 (22621.xxx)? I assume the former.

I have reverted back to ME driver 2210.2.80.0, the one included with the driver & software package v2216.16.0.2805. Running W11 21H1.

Csme 16 clean Possible ?

1 Like

Your task only: https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/guide-clean-dumped-intel-engine-cs-me-cs-txe-regions-with-data-initialization

Some unknown pre- production CSME, PCHC, PMC according to MEA, but it’s already posted on winraid.com…

Otherwise not looking like a valid image, odd region order, large empty padding at the end.

its csme 16 very new not added in me analyzer so it will not show properly but if u open in fitc it will open without errors.

address

Region_ME_ME_region.zip (6.2 MB)

pre-production me 16 csme pchc pmc

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════╗
β•‘ Platform Controller Hub Configuration β•‘
β•Ÿβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β•’
β•‘ Family β”‚ PCHC β•‘
β•Ÿβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β•’
β•‘ Version β”‚ 16.0.0.1008 β•‘
β•Ÿβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β•’
β•‘ Release β”‚ Pre-Production β•‘

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════╗
β•‘ Power Management Controller β•‘
β•Ÿβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β•’
β•‘ Family β”‚ PMC β•‘
β•‘ Version β”‚ 160.1.00.1011 β•‘

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
β•‘ Region_ME_ME_region.rgn (1/1) β•‘
β•Ÿβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β•’
β•‘ Family β”‚ CSE ME β•‘
β•Ÿβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β•’
β•‘ Version β”‚ 16.0.10.1450 β•‘
β•Ÿβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Όβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β•’

1 Like

this fitc ver will not work
need new version

its not in me analyser database so it shows you error ,
file is ok .

try with this

Hi, just a small note. In the OP, one of the images is missing for me

USB Type C Physical (PHY) .

Starting from CSME 12+ , the main CSME firmware must first be combined/stitched with one or more obligatory IUPs , before initiating an update procedure via FWUpdate tool. Whenever CSME + IUP merging is required, equivalent instructions and firmware are provided below. The following CSME/IUP Table lists the CSME 12+ firmware Major.Minor versions which require the presence of IUP(s) and their respective versions or SKUs. You’ll need to consult this table while following the update instructions below to choose the correct CSME + IUP combination for your system.

CSME_IUP_Table.png

Engine Security Version Number (SVN):

All (CS)ME >= 8 and all IUP firmware are defined by a Security Version Number (SVN) like 1,2,3 etc which is used to control the possible upgrade/downgrade paths provided by Intel’s FWUpdate tool. The SVN gets incremented if there is a high or critical security fix that requires a Trusted Computing Base (TCB) recovery operation, a significant event in the life cycle of the firmware which requires renewal of the security signing keys in use. A downgrade to a lower SVN value via FWUpdate tool is prohibited whereas an upgrade to the same or higher SVN is allowed. For example if your current firmware has a SVN of 2, you can update to another firmware with SVN >= 2 (for example 3) but you cannot downgrade to another firmware with SVN < 2 (for example 1). Trying to flash a firmware with lower SVN will result in the error β€œThe image provided is not supported by the platform” or similar. To view the SVN value of any (CS)ME or PMC firmware, you can use ME Analyzer tool.

In the gap of the quoted section there appears to be a line of code linking to an embedded image of the chipsets and PMC/PCHC/PHY sub modules. It was/is a useful visual guide for me - is there any way it can be restored to displaying how it was? It did survive the original forum move, but has since disappeared.

TIA

1 Like

CSME 14.1 COR H A v14.1.65.1990

Weird, some formatting issue. A space was apparently needed above the image tag. It is fixed now. Thanks for bringing this to my attention! :slight_smile:

1 Like