Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

Some of the recent CSME blobs previously attached in replies are actually UEFI Capsules. You can use UEFITool to extract the actual payload, which is within a raw FILE section.

The ones included in the MEGA folder, linked in the OP, should always be good. Meaning, FWUpdate-ready in either a clean and ready to be stitched with IUPs state (CSME >= 12) or directly usable (CSME <= 11), as explained in detail at the OP.

2 Likes

the question is whether in addition to this user @Simani did anyone have a problem with updating 11.8.96.4657_CON_LP_C_NPDM_PRD_RGN.bin using FWUpdLcl64.exe, I assume thatā€™s why it was done

Where do you get the latest firmware versions when it comes to intel management firmware from which site??

I would like to test the firmware file to see if it is functional and not damaged 11.8.96.4657_CON_LP_C_NPDM_PRD_RGN.bin in 240730.rar using FWUpdLcl64.exe what is the command to test the file if such a command exists at all?

The files in 240730.rar are not meant to be used with FwUpdLcl without a modification which dartraiden already described.

To be completely correct youā€™d have to remove some bytes at the end, too. Remove the header, check size in MEA, and correct the file accordingly.

Canā€™t test with ME 11, but if I put the header in front of a ME 14 update file i get an error message when checking file version:

If the header is removed, the file is accepted in this command, no matter if the fist 16 bytes are 00 or FF

@ plutomainac: As far as I can see these two are missing in the repo from the first post (assume they should have correct format):
11.8.96.4657_CON_LP-11.8.96.4657_COR_LP.zip (5.5 MB)

1 Like

Mmm, I have them in the DB but not uploaded. Forgotten it seems. I can do it later, thanks for the notice!

1 Like

I think FIT does it automatically (I merged ME and PMC using FIT and FwUpdateLcl accepted the firmware without errors)

1 Like

As for FwUpdLcl, the command to test firmware.bin, you used -fwver, which means it tests but does not upload a newer version, so for the future I would like to know, and besides, what program do you use to modify these files when you need to remove a few bytes at the end, which program, I assume that the version that you provide is compatible with the FwUpdLcl tool

Any hex editor (HxD, etc)

Yep, I think so, too. FIT and FwUpdLcl expect the partition table in the beginning, with starting point and length for the different partitions- so it wouldnā€™t matter if thereā€™s some garbage at the end of the file.

Sorry guys, I didnā€™t realize that I should pay attention to this when sharing a new file. Next time Iā€™ll be more careful about what I share. Anyway, I have modified the files I uploaded earlier. If anyone knows, please check if I did it right. I deliberately did not change the previously uploaded files. :blush:

11.8.96.4657_CON_LP_C_NPDM_PRD_RGN
11.8.96.4657_COR_LP_C_NPDM_PRD_RGN
12.0.95.2489_CON_H_BA_PRD_EXTR

240810.rar (6.8 MB)

1 Like

CSME 11.8 CON LP C NPDM v11.8.96.4657 is working this time , thank you

2 Likes

FWUpdLcl64_15.0.49.2573.rar (319.9 KB)

Why are ME update files for the stock FWUpdLclMe tool are bigger than the actual ME region on the flash chip? Any pre-existing write ups on this?

For example, ME 8.1 for HP Z620, update file is 7,843,840 bytes.

The ME area of course is quite a bit smaller, 5,287,936 bytes:
Fixed: Yes
Base: 5000h
Address: FF005000h
Offset: 5000h
Full size: 50B000h (5287936)

FWUpdLcl64_and_MEInfoWin64_11.8.96.4657.rar (699.0 KB)

hola me podrias pasar el archivo porfavor gracias

Iā€™m damn good.

11.6.20.1221.rar (4.3 MB)

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Guide] Clean Dumped Intel Engine (CS)ME/(CS)TXE Regions with Data Initialization

11.8.96.4657_CON_H_DA_PRD_RGN.bin can be flashed in Linux using Intel (R) Firmware Update Utility Version: 11.8.94.4518
I donā€™t have another newer version for Linux, does anyone?

@ibsajc

The utility doesnā€™t need to match the FW Image version.
Itā€™s not a requirement for flashing, its common sense to use the closest version to the FW image, preventing discrepancies.

EDIT: When availableā€¦usually a user will share it. Or start digging yourself for it, the forum will appreciate your effort and findingsā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I asked if there is a newer version.

EDIT: Until now I was looking for them from Fujitsu, HP, but lately they havenā€™t appeared anymore!