Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

As far as I remember I had a similar problem with my former Z68 system. Only the Heci driver (hecix64.sys) worked properly.

I don’t remember from whom I got the link.
Do you think, that I should remove it from the start post? This may avoid future irritations of Sony Mobile PC users.

It must be system-specific, maybe BIOS settings incompatibility etc but it’s not really important. If the latest v8/v9.0 drivers work then I guess I’m happy. Oh and yes, as I promised above I checked and it has nothing to do with my stable overclock. Funny thing is that my 6-series system (HM65) works perfectly fine with latest v10 driver. Go figure…

Yes I do, it doesn’t make sense for Sony to have developed a "special/proprietary" ME firmware. The user above did prove that you can safely update to the latest v9.5 firmware version either way. I suggest to remove it, that will indeed avoid any further confusion.

Yes I do, it doesn’t make sense for Sony to have developed a "special/proprietary" ME firmware. The user above did prove that you can safely update to the latest v9.5 firmware version either way. I suggest to remove it, that will indeed avoid any further confusion.

Done!

There is also a firmware for ultra mobiles or Atom based laptops. At least I think so.

Intel MEI Tools 1.1.0.1089 and 1.1.0.1106_5M Firmware. The firmware was extracted from a Toshiba or Lenovo BIOS, the tools are found inside the exe containing that BIOS file.

Hello i have a Asus Maximus Ranger VII Motherboard with new firmware 2012. Must i flash new Intel Management Engine?

Unbenannt.jpg

@ freakerload:
Welcome at WinRAID Forum!

Nobody has to flash the newest Intel ME Firmware, but it would be a good idea to update it to v9.1.10.1005.

Regards
Fernando

Hi Fernando,

Why use v10.0.30.1072 ME10 (1.5M)? Is not it mobile Intel Chipset Series?
What a difference 9.1.10.1005?

Thank’s.
D.

You are obviously mixing the Intel ME Firmware and the Intel ME Drivers.
The Intel ME10 Firmware and ME10 Tools can only be used with the newest Broadwell CPU ME10 Mobiles, whereas the Intel ME Drivers & Software v10.0.30.1072 can be installed with all Intel chipset systems from 6-Series up.

Ok I thought I read in a comment that you had to test your motherboard Z97…

@ all:
For anyone interested for the Management Engine System Tools, go HERE.
For anyone interested for the Management Engine Legacy Firmware (v2.x –> v6.x), go HERE.

You mean MEManuf v10.0.30.1060

Actually for consumer 1.5MB I don’t see the point of having the whole package installed. It just loads services at every boot without actually needing them unless you use AMT, remote capabilities etc which are found at the 5MB business chipsets. It’s similar to the AHCI/RAID driver argument: unless you are using RAID only the driver should be manually installed via Have Disk Method.

I have done some tests with my Z97 system:
At first I wanted to check, if any of the ME10 1.5M tools (FWUpdate ME10, MEInfo ME10 and MEManuf ME10) are downwards compatible to my ME9.1 system. So I ran all these tools with my Z97 desktop system.
Result: I always got the message, that my ME9.1 system is not supported by the tool.
Then I wanted to know the difference between the 1.5M and the M5 version of the complete "Intel ME Drivers & Software Sets v10.0.30.1072".
Result: Surprisingly I was able to get both packages installed without any problem or error message, although I have a Customer (1.5M) system. After having installed the 5M version successfully, I ran the Intel Management Engine Software, but I couldn’t get any informations anout my system. That is why I uninstalled the 5M package, rebooted and reinstalled the 1.5M Set, which doesn’t contain the voluminous Intel Management Engine Software of the 5M variant.

You mean MEManuf v10.0.30.1060

You are right. I have it already corrected (within the start post as well).
Thanks for the info!

Ok thank’s for your accuracy!

It’s from Toshiba bios, that’s how they usually pack ME firmware.

Since we are talking about weird/rare ME versions, here are the Intel Server Platform Services Tools for Firmware 3.0 E5 (February 2014) which includes ME firmware v3.0.5.402 from April 2014. These are special server tools named spsFITC, spsFPT, spsInfo, spsManuf etc at version 1.1.32.34. Included are some scripts, source code, documentation, firmware, tools and more which are for servers and thus advanced users. If I’m not mistaken they are for Wellsburg PCH (X99 & C612).

Can this FW be updated to v10xxx or this is the latest for my board ?

The latest ME Firmware for your system is v9.1.10.1005.
So you can update the Intel ME Firmware, but not to any Intel ME v10.x.x.xxxx Firmware series.

@ getyasome:

Right, the same applies for v9.5.x.xxxx firmware series. The tools will let you do it but the firmware is not compatible either. Basically,

ME Firmware v6.x is for 5-series systems
ME Firmware v7.x is for 6-series systems
ME Firmware v8.x is for 7-series systems
ME Firmware v9.0 is for 8-series systems
ME Firmware v9.1 is for 9-series systems & X99 chipset
ME Firmware v9.5 is for mobile LP chipset systems
ME Firmware v10.0 is for mobile Broadwell systems

Fernando clearly mentions that in the first post as well.

Thanks guys , I have a better Ideal of what’s going on now.

Updated FW Version 9.1.10.1005 (1.5Mo) & All went well. Thanks again.

@getyasome
Is your Mother Board BIOS the last one ?

On my Z77-DELUXE it is 2104, on ASUS site seems for Z87-DELUXE Bios is 2004, your screenshoot displays 2103.
I am a little confused.
Regards,
100PIER

Yes the Bios is Version 2103