Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

"A laptop" is as vague as it gets, what model exactly?

asus x552cl-sx029h
bios version:207

also can ı update gbe ?

I can’t find the chipset for that laptop but it’s using most probably a 1.5MB ME firmware. The latest is 8.1.52.1496 in this case.

I have no Gbe experience as I never had a system with one.

yes its 1.5MB ME Firmware and ime firmware tool is too gived same answer

so should ı flash it ?

I wouldn’t trust that tool at it’s current state. It is just as easy to do it manually as instructed here. Yes, you can proceed with the update itself.

is it about security or stability ?

Both. But it doesn’t really matter. The actual tool from Intel that this utility uses (FWUpdate) has measures to not allow wrong use.

What I suggest is: a) download 1.5MB 8.1.52.1496, b) download v8 MEInfo, FWUpdate, MEManuf tools, c) Run FWUpdLcl64 -f ME.bin where ME.bin the downloaded firmware and restart when done, d) Run MEInfoWin64 and check the firmware is up-to-date and that no red errors are shown, e) Run MEManufWin64 and make sure it reports MEManuf Test Passed.

It’s up to you.

i flashed through the tool its flashed and before ı was checked the tool with virustotal so ı think this is done without problem.ı thank you for your help.

is station drivers reliable ?

Station-Drivers focuses on a LOT more things other than ME. Yes, it’s a very good site with lots of content. As far as ME is concerned, you will find more details, correct information, firmware, assistance, tools etc here.

i mean is it trustable

Yes, just not detailed and with no assistance like the one provided here when possible.

which me driver must ı use 10 9 or 8 ?

Latest, v10.0.30.1054

I was flashing a IME firmware update on my nephews computer and after I ran the command I got this
 Error 8714 Firmware update not initiated due to file open or read failure. What does this mean.

Latest, v10.0.30.1054

should i download it from here or intel’s site?
Im asking because the versions arent same and driver at intel’s site is for intel nuc

The included drivers are exactly the same and suitable for all Intel systems with a chipset from 6-Series up.
If you just want to get the latest Intel ME Driver installed (what we recommend to do) and not the associated (unneeded) Intel ME Software, I recommend to take the related driver package from the start post of this thread.

Make sure the .bin file is not open in a Hex editor or similar. A restart would also be nice. Otherwise, make sure the FWUpdate is run as Administrator and that the firmware file has a .bin extension.

can there be update for my me firmware next days or years ?

Yes, but nobody knows when, probably not even Intel.