Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15)

@ Unreal:

Since you haven’t even answered correctly my questions, you cannot expect any help from my side.
By the way: It is not a good idea to install “all driver versions for 7-Series Chipsets”.

I mean I try different versions and there is still the same problem, i think only way is flash this with bios, can fpt program only me region? or bios with me?

Before performing the firmware update I saved and analyzed the original on my Asrock Z77 Pro 3:

What it means to have a rare firmware? I can do the update?

If you need it: http://1drv.ms/1D54Gev

Thanks all!

Thank you for letting me know Deaddy. It’s an Update image and that’s why it’s currently shown as "rare". The next version of MEAnalyzer will ignore any Update (UPD) images for which their equivalent Region (RGN/EXTR) images can be found at the database. Again, thank you for the update.

@ Unreal:

You still hasn’t answered the first question Fernando asked reagrding the existance of a certain device entry at Device Manager. FPT can flash the ME region by itself only if your flash descriptor is unlocked. Read the System Tools documentation at the System Tools pack relevant for your system, every tool command is there in detail. Otherwise, the command -? at every tool should show the available actions that can be performed.

Ok, thanks for the info!

12.jpeg

And I have the Me.BIN to flash but i afraid that I can erase bios
I know that command is
fptw -ME -F ME.BIN
Can i try it?

The left screenshot verifies, that your system neither has detected any Intel Management Engine Interface nor missing a driver for it.

You should wait until you get a reply from our Intel ME expert plutomaniac.

ok :slight_smile:

Plutomaniac can you help me?

Hello!
There is newer Intel ME Firmware Version 9.1.30.1008 (1.5MB) @ Station-Drivers

but here isnt

Updates 28/07/2015:

Intel MEI Drivers & Software for Consumer systems from v11.0.0.1156 → v11.0.0.1158
Intel MEI Drivers & Software for Corporate systems from v11.0.0.1156 → v11.0.0.1158
Intel ME 11.0 PCH-H Consumer Firmware from v11.0.0.7101 → v11.0.0.1160
Intel ME 10.0 Consumer 1.5MB Firmware from v10.0.38.1000 → v10.0.45.1022
Intel ME 9.1 Consumer 1.5MB Firmware from v9.1.26.1006 → v9.1.30.1008

Intel ME System Tools v9.1 from r5 → r6:

Updated Intel ME SW Installation Guide from v1.0 (01/2014) → v1.2 (02/2015)
Updated 1.5MB FW Bring Up Guide from v9.1.0.1120 (02/2014) → v1.0 (03/2014)
Updated 5MB FW Bring Up Guide from v9.1.0.1120 (02/2014) → v1.0 (03/2014)
Added Intel AMT OEM WebUI Guide v0.5 (11/2013)
Added Intel MEBX User Guide for Intel 8 and 9 Series Chipset Family v1.2 (05/2013)
* Added Intel MSS User Guide v1.0 (08/2014)

@ Unreal:

Download the ME8 System Tools and go to tool Flash Programming Tool. Run from the appropriate sub-folder the command fptw64 -d SPI.bin. Does it report Error 26 or does it save a file called SPI.bin successfully? If it does, compress and attach the file in this thread, otherwise let me know if error 26 shows up.

Error 26: The host CPU does not have read access to the target flash area. To enable read access for this operation you must modify the descriptor settings to give host access to this region.
I try another command :
fptw -d biosbackup.bin -bios and this is working
And i try use command : fpt -ME -F ME.BIN or something like that and there was sentence:
The file does not contain enough data to completely fill the target write area. Continuing will truncate the write length to the file large. And I have 3 options: YES, NO, QUIT I type quit

First of all, there is no need to send me pm’s for help. Everything can be said here and constant "bumping" is annoying.

Your flash descriptor is locked and thus you cannot reflash the ME Region with FPT. It may be that the ME Region is for some reason corrupted.

Run the DOS version of MEInfo and MEManuf and see if these work.

Sorry for this, ok i will do this now

Meinfo: error 9458 and 9459
Memanuf: error 9256, 9255,9296
Is the Bios file is useful?

The ME Region is most probably corrupted but you cannot do anything with a locked flash descriptor when reflashing is required. You could try to reflash the latest BIOS from the OEM in case they have implemented a method that temporarily disables the flash descriptor lock via software+reboot but this is very rare. Other than that, you need to contact your OEM to repair the corrupted ME Region which may actually require servicing the laptop in this case.

If you have a BIOS file from the OEM you can attach it to check what ME it has inside but it won’t change the facts that I mentioned above.

So what I should to do?

Can i flash Me region without erasing bios?
Using this command fpt -ME -F ??

Read my last replies carefully. Everything you ask is there. As I said, a) contact your OEM and b) FPT cannot be used to flash ME Region when the flash descriptor is locked (Error 26).

OK

So thank you for helping me :slight_smile:

I just updated my ME firmware to v9.1.30.1008 on my msi z97 mpower max ac mb and wonder should I use the Intel MEI Driver v11.0.0.1157 or just stick with the v10.0.30.1054 that I have been useing.