Intel (CS) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools for (CS)ME 16+

MFIT is a tool for the ME region (of a complete firmware image!).

I you used the terms correctly this would be a user error. If not, please be a little more specific.

EDIT Yes, that’s the same error I get when throwing a bios region on MFIT. As written this is expected behaviour.

I think you should dump the complete bios then decompose with MFIT, not only the bios region with “-bios” command.

Thanks for the hint. that’s right, from the comments above I learned that MFIT doesn’t decompose BIOS only files. Have to be ME only or BIOS+ME.
I ordered a programmer in order to fully dump those chips and do what I wanna do.

hi, @dannychen ,could you please re-upload these files?

16.0.15.1620_CON_H_A_PRD_RGN
16.0.15.1620_CON_H_A_PRE_RGN
16.0.15.1620_COR_H_A_PRD_RGN
16.0.15.1620_COR_H_X_PRE_RGN

hi @Anton35 ,could you please re-upload these files?

16.0.10.1394_CON_LP_A_PRE
16.0.10.1434_CON_LP_A_PRE

thanks!!!

CSE ME 16.1.32.2418 Prod ConsH Unkn ADP_RPP.bin.zip (1.7 MB)

Do you think it is safe to flash latest 16.1.32.2418 MEI firmware from Station Drivers on a Z790?
I nothice there is a FORCERESET switch in the command file.

It’s unclear whom you’re asking, but it might be considered polite to deliver at least a link when asking about a specific file?

Check your own ME composition, check the update file with MEA, compare firmware types, check the update command.
Be aware that for CSME >= 16 MEA might not check all IUPs, Thunderbolt firmware for example is not listed.

In conclusion updating ME firmware with a file not coming from your vendor for you specific machine is always unsafe.

1 firmware_5 – 2 Intel Management Engine Corporate Firmware Update v16.11.17.1782.bin.zip (3.6 MB)

Intel (R) Fishhawk Falls ?? (Dell update)

can you reupload please

16.50.12.1453_ATM_LP_A_PRD_EXTR.rar (2.3 MB)

FWUpdLcl64 & MEInfoWin64

(station-drivers.com)

1 Like

CSE ME 16.11.17.1782

Dell Precision 7960 Tower 2.2.9 Model 0A3A
https://fwupd.org/lvfs/devices/com.dell.uefi66636034.firmware

Hello, is there CSME tools for 16.10?
Thank you.

Is there any point in bothering to disassemble all the ME-related files I come across, or are these files available elsewhere? Are any of these even needed to create a new complete ME file (11+)?

There’s are some other places like station drivers, but I myself would appreciate to have these firmwares attached here so that they stay accessible even if there aren’t any repositories- the latter would of course be the best option, but I don’t think there’s someone maintaining this repository.

In fact 16.1.32.2473 Corp H isn’t mentioned afaik.

CSE ME 16.1.32.2473 ConsH.bin.zip (1.7 MB)

1 Like

Subject: Error Decomposing BIOS Image for HP EliteBook 840 G10 Using Intel® Modular Flash Image Tool

Hello level1techs Team,

I am experiencing an error when trying to decompose a BIOS image for an HP EliteBook 840 G10 using the Intel® Modular Flash Image Tool. The error message is as follows:

Exception: Decompose ‘C:/Users/nabin/Desktop/telegram/hp_840_g10_Main.bin’ image failed.
Details: Decomp meta data does not contain a value for PMC_Strap_pmc_smip_GBETSN_DIS_STRAP.
Source: ‘DescriptorPlugin:PmcStraps’

I am using MFIT 16.1.25.2091 of the tool. However, the issue persists.

Could you please advise on how to resolve this error or if there is a specific version of the tool or additional steps required to properly decompose this BIOS image?

Thank you for your assistance.

It seems there is an unknown PCH strap for this version of FIT in descriptor. Newer version is needed to decompose this dump.

Agreed, tried some dumps of these machines from badcaps, they all show same error message in MFIT 16.1.25 and they all were built with MFIT 16.1.27 or MFIT 16.1.30

@nabing954

I was able to extract these from the file. Any help?

HP_840_G10_MEA_extract.rar (1.4 MB)

Do you have MFIT 16.1.27 OR 16.1.30 I like to try. Thank you for response.

Not much but thank you for trying.