Intel EFI RAID/VMD BIOS Modules

@Santa2017 :
There is no reason to bother Pacman with such questions. As soon as he gets access to a new Intel RAID BIOS module, he will publish it here automaticly (without a need of reminding him).
By the way: The new version would be v17.8.2.4684.

Thank you for advise. Cheerful all.

@Fernando

Intel EFI RaidDriver 17.8.2.4684

Intel RST RAID 17.8.2.4684.zip (102 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST EFI “RaidDriver” v17.8.2.4684 (without header)

Note: Thanks to Pacman for the source file.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando

Intel EFI RaidDriver 17.8.3.4687

RaidDriver_17.8.3.4687.zip (105 KB)

@Fernando

new: OROM Intel VROC for sata v6.3.0.1005
new: EFI Intel VROC for sata v6.3.0.1005

+ lots of other new file versions !

is in this MB bios file:

https://www.supermicro.com/about/policie…areItemID=11548

Can you properly extract these files for us to use ?

Thanks,

Biozzz

@biozzz You might do it yourself- just use UBU, there’s an option ‘share’ which saves these files in a folder ‘extracted’… (But you’s have to have one other option file in the corresponding directory, otherwise this options isn’t visible. While ubu runs/ is open the files are placed in the tmp folder.)

Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST EFI “RaidDriver” v17.8.3.4687 (without header)
  • new: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI SATA RaidDriver v6.3.0.1005 for DEV_2826 (without header)

Note: Thanks to frwil for the module file and to biozzz for the source BIOS.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Check for the matching VROC for VMD v6.3 module. In consumer boards it is this module that is used and not the RSTe / VROC for SATA module.

@kathampy
To whom did you address your last post?
Why don’t you check the BIOSes and present the interesting Intel RAID EFI modules yourself?

I checked the same BIOS but couldn’t find it.

The VROC for SATA module is not useful on consumer boards, even X299. Even if the UEFI has an option to use "RSTe Mode" or "Alternate Device ID" for SATA RAID, it still uses the RST v17 EFI module at boot though you can load the RSTe / VROC SATA drivers in Windows. The RSTe / VROC EFI module doesn’t seem to be used in any configuration. The VROC for VMD module however is used for NVMe RAID, and there probably must exist a matching version with RSTe / VROC for SATA as server boards use both.

EFI Intel VROC (IRSTe)
- RaidDriver (0x2826)
- sSataDriver (0x2827)
v7.5.0.1030

Other files OROM Intel VROC RAID and sSata and EFI Intel VROC wit VMD [Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions (64)

Thanks to @plutomaniac

PS x399 or x499 chipset?

vroc_efi_7_5_0_1030.rar (92.8 KB)

None as X399 is AMD and X499 does not exist. It’s from Lewisburg (LBG) C620-series PCH.

Works great on X299 VROC NVMe RAID.

@Fernando Please update the first post with these modules. Maybe add "VROC" to the X299 section title as well, since from v6 onward it’s no longer called "RSTe".

@plutomaniac :

Which board did you get these from, and does that vendor have a matching v7.5 VROC driver for Windows / Linux? The VROC manual states not to use earlier drivers than the EFI module, so the v7.5 drivers must exist.

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: "pure" Intel RSTe EFI VROC SATA and sSATA "RaidDrivers" v6.2.0.1034 (without header)
  • new: "pure" Intel RSTe EFI VROC SATA and sSATA "RaidDrivers" v7.5.0.1035 (without header)

Note: This will be my last update of the start post. It takes too much time for me and I have supported the threads about the Intel RAID modules long enough (more than 7 years!) It is time for someone else to take over this task.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@kathampy :

Done, but I have to stop keeping the start post up-to-date.
Since you seem to be very interested in having all the newest Intel RAID modules for the different Intel Chipsets offered in one place, it would be fine, if you would start new threads about the Intel RAID Option ROM and RaidDriver modules. Once such threads are up, I will close the ones I have started.
Thanks in advance!
Dieter

@Fernando VROC/ RSTe 6.3 sSATA (attached efi driver SATA and sSATA, source)

Otherwise: Those entries for 6.2 seem to be quite similar and the corresponding files are identical?

vroc_6.3_sata_ssata efi.zip (192 KB)

@lfb6 :
Thanks for having uploaded the Intel RSTe SATA and sSATA RaidDriver modules v6.3.0.1005.
The SATA has alredy been offered within the start post, but the sSATA one was missing until now.

No, your attached modules are newer.

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: "pure" Intel RSTe EFI VROC sSATA "RaidDriver" v6.3.0.1005 (without header)

Repeated Note:
This is my very last update of the start post. It takes too much time for me and I have supported the threads about the Intel RAID modules long enough (more than 7 years!) It is time for someone else to take over this task.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

No, your attached modules are newer…

That’s not what I meant!
  • >"pure" Intel RSTe EFI SATA "RaidDriver" v6.2.0.1034 for DEV_2826 (without header)< (>MIRROR<)
  • >"pure" Intel RSTe EFI VROC SATA "RaidDriver" v6.2.0.1034 (without header)< (>MIRROR<)
  • have bitwise identical files linked, and

• >"pure" Intel RSTe EFI sSATA "RaidDriver" v6.2.0.1034 for DEV_2827 (without header)< (>MIRROR<)
  • >"pure" Intel RSTe EFI VROC sSATA "RaidDriver" v6.2.0.1034 (without header)< (>MIRROR<)
  • have bitwise identical files linked, too.

Thanks a lot for your work! Having kept these threads up to date for > 7 years is quite impressing!

@lfb6 :
    Now I got it - you are absolutely right: The modules are indeed identical! Thanks for having checked the code.
    After having done a deeper look into the hex code of all Intel RSTe RaidDrivers, which belong to the v5 and the v6 platform, I have realized, that all the v6 platform ones are VROC modules, whereas the v5 platform ones are non-VROC modules.
    As a consequence I have meanwhile corrected the start post of this thread, removed the links to the reportedly non-VROC modules v6.2.0.1034 and customized the names of the already uploaded Intel RSTe EFI SATA/sSATA RaidDriver modules v6.3.0.1005.
    Thanks again for having the heads up!