Intel RST Driver Install - Windows 10

Hi

It’s been a while since I posted in this forum - this has been because advice I received in 2014 was superb and my Windows 7 installation on my first SSD has been working flawlessly. The time has come however to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro-64bit and change my aged motherboard to another Asus, this time a Prime Z390-A, with an i7 9700k CPU and 32Gb Vengeance LPX Ram. I’ve bought all the bits and bobs and I’m currently ploughing through endless infos online to update myself on a hell of a lot of technical stuff that’s changed since! I intend to install the OS on a new XPG SX8200 Pro (512 Gb) M.2 PCIe SSD. I understand that I will have to first fiddle with the BIOS - upgrading to the latest if needs be, ensure it’s operating in UEFI mode etc and ensuring it’s in ACHI mode, without any SATA drives attached. I will install with a carefully configured USB Flash Drive. If I have this correct then I’d like to move to the reason I’m posting…

I’m currently running a 4-hdd RAID 10 Array and would like to simply move this to the new Windows 10 OS without losing my volumes or files. Obviously I’ll back them up first. I’ve figured that I then change the BIOS from ACHI to SATA after plugging the drives in the SATA ports (yes I’m aware of the fact that with an M.2 SSD in the system this may block possibly 2 of the 6 internal SATA ports) and the BIOS should just find my Array & files and away I go - am I correct?

In the past however installing Intel’s RST RAID drivers (ICHR rings a bell), entailed a “Driver-Install” at the time that the OS is installed. Is this no longer necessary with new Mb’s? I’ve downloaded Asus’s latest Intel RST drivers - version 17501017. I believe the advice is to go with the mobo manufacturer’s latest ones even if there are later versions on Inte’s site, is that correct? But my main question is when and how do I install them - do I install once I’ve got the OS installed or during the install itself? I don’t seem to be able to find any information on this and your help would be very much appreciated, along with any other advice you can give me relative to my project.

I look forward to hearing from someone shortly

Thanks in advance

roz