Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.0.0.1038/ v8.5.0.1592)

Fernando i need your help.

After reading this thread (and many others on this topic) i follow your advice and installed the 64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL for my ICHR8 SATA controller that is running in RAID mode.

This driver replaced the default one that MS offers with windows 8.1 x64, now i would like to install the RST console software in order to be able to monitor my RAID status (verifying/ rebuilding etc) over windows but the driver package link that u offer does NOT include the console software.

Is there any link you can provide? Do i need to make sure that the console version matched the driver version?

Thanx in advance.

@Kotik Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
The link to the Intel RST AHCI/RAID Drivers & Software Set v11.2.0.1006 WHQ is available within the start post of this thread.
Did you run the Setup.exe of that Set? If yes, you should get access to the Intel RST RAID Console Software.
Enjoy it!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you for the quick reply Fernando,

There is no Setup.exe present in the .rar file. The linked .rar file contains only the driver files but it seems to be missing the console file.

See attached screenshot.

Never mind @Fernando , i just realized there are 3 files attached and the last one has the console files.

Next question is how to proceed now that i already have the drivers installed? Do i install setup.exe ontop of them?

Yes! Since the related Intel RAID driver is already installed and running, only the Console Software will be additionally installed.

Thank you very much for your time and work.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST-VMD) Version 19.5.7.1058 WHQL

1 Like

Whe first post of this thread has been updated by me today (09.09.2023).

The first post has been updated by me today (11/20/2023).
Enjoy the new Intel RSTe drivers!

1 Like

Intel VMD Drivers. Drivers Only v20.0.0.1035 WHQL

Intel VROC Drivers. Drivers Only:
NVMe : 8.2.0.2004 WHQL

SATA : 8.2.0.2004 WHQL

1 Like

The first post has been updated by me today (12/16/2023).
Enjoy the new Intel RST and RSTe drivers!

2 Likes

Due to the fact, that I found today a new 64bit Intel RST VMD driver v20.0.0.1037 WHQL, I have updated today (12/18/2023) the start post again.

2 Likes

Intel Rapid Storage Technology 20.0.0.1035.4 (3.0 MB)

2 Likes

The start post of this thread has been updated again today (12/23/2023).

Intel Rapid Storage Technology 20.0.0.1037.3

2 Likes

The start post of this thread has been updated again today (12/31/2023).

The start post of this thread has been updated by me today (01/13/2024).

The start post of this thread has been updated by me today (01/15/2024).

Asrock z77 Extreme4 = Platform 12 correct? I saw this when I was doing the microcode update.

Separately, I saw that the Microsoft Store (app store) has a couple of Intel “Virtual RAID on CPU”. And the GUI looks identical to the old “Rapid Storage Technology” software.
Do these new programs “replace” RST or is the GUI similarity only a coincidence?

@BobbyBadBoy
If you want to know, which Intel AHCI/RAID drivers are the “best” for your Z77 chipset system, you should better look into the first post of >this< thread. By the way - the latest drivers of a certain platform are not automaticly the best.
The Intel “Virtual RAID on CPU” (VROC) drivers have been designed by Intel for the newest Intel “Enterprise Edition” chipsets (e.g. X299), which have more than 1 on-board Intel SATA Controller. They need Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise (RSTe) drivers. The GUI of the RSTe RAID Utility is rather similar to the RST one.

1 Like