Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.0.0.1038/ v8.5.0.1592)

RSTe 4.1.0.1047 package (driver 4.1.0.1046) is still available from Intel HERE.

People were probably installing it on unsupported X99 SKUs. The HEDT X99 SKU supports only RST (firmware and drivers), C612 only RSTe and Super SKU both RST/RSTe.

X99_RST_SKU.PNG

The original article that you posted also reflects that: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/S…ar-2485969.html

Hi,
when i try to install the new 14-beta-software on my x99-board i get the message that this platform is not supported.
why?
System is running in ahci-mode.

@ architect:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Because only AHCI Controllers of Intel 8-, 9- and 100-Series Chipsets are supported by these RST(e) drivers v14.0.0.1081. Intel X99 Chipsets belong to the C600/C600+ Chipset Series and usually have to use one of the RSTe drivers of the v4 series.
The only Intel RST(e) driver of the v13/v14 series you may be able to use is v13.1.0.1058.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@ all:
Yesterday and today I have completely redesigned and restructured the start post of this thread. Furthermore I have updated and customized its content.

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: Detailed informations about the Intel RST Console Software options for AHCI and RAID users with brandnew screenshots (moved into the post #2 of this thread)
  • removed: some less interesting Intel RST/RST(e) drivers
  • redesigned: structure of the start post

I hope, that you like the content of the 2 new/revised start posts. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Regards
Dieter

@ Fernando
hello , first of all thank you for the amazing thread & forum in general , i have the following situation .
I’m About to do fresh Os reinstall , so please guide me what’s the best compatible, stable & if possible up to date
(Intel rapid storage technology Drivers) & (Intel MEI drivers)

some info about system/hardware using HWINFO64 :

OS to be installed : Windows 8.1 x64 with latest updates
Chipset : Intel Lynx Point-LP (Premium)
Intel Core i7-4500U , Codename :Haswell ULT

Task manager
--------------
IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers > Intel(R) 8 Series SATA Controller 1 (AHCI) - 9C03

Driver tab >
provider:Intel
date:7/25/2013
version:9.4.0.1023
driver details: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\storahci.sys

details tab>
hardware ids > PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_0106

events tab >
Device configured (mshdc.inf)
Device started (storahci)
Device configured (oem1.inf)
Device started (storahci)

Current Intel MEI Firmware : 9.5.15.1730 LP
Current Intel MEI Driver : 9.5.15.1730

-I didn’t install Intel rapid storage technology neither Software nor Drivers when formatted last time .
-No Intention to Use Raid.
-I don’t Have SSD only HDD which Came originally with laptop.
-Asus Support & downloads offers as the latest on top of the list for windows 8.1 x64
V13.5.0.1056 > IRST_Intel_Broadwell_Win81_64_VER13501056.zip
V13.2.5.1012 > IRST_Intel_SharkBay_Win81_64_VER13251012.zip
-i noticed irst drivers only package contains also filter driver along with raid/ahci driver , is it necessary !

eventually i wonder will i really going to need them (i mean the above mentioned Drivers) regarding performance or i will be just fine without updating or installing in the first place !

thanks in advance , excuse my bad English

@ Zero Chancer:

1. Intel RST AHCI driver:
With your Intel 8-Series Chipset AHCI system you can use any Intel RST(e) driver v13.x.x.xxxx. They are all good and the performance differences are minimal (look >here<). I personally would take the v13.5.2.1000 WHQL.
2. Intel MEI driver:
For your system I recommend to install the Intel MEI driver v10.0.30.1054 WHQL.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

anyone using the 11/06/2014,13.6.0.1002 drivers get micro stutters in the system. most notably with youtube. and surfing the net?

Hey,
Relative noob here, having a hell of a time with a BSOD on an x79 system(a lot of them actually). Fairly Certain it’s due to a old RSTe driver, trying to upgrade but getting a little confused about what driver I want. Intel’s site points me to a 3.6.0 driver which seems to fix my blue screen but fails on a trim test. I found a link on this fourm to a v3.8.0.1111 driver on Intel’s site which does pass a trim test, and I’m hoping doesn’t blue screen. I guess my question is I’m confused why the only place I can seem to find the 3.8.1.1006 driver is on this forum, Intel doesn’t seem to have it and even the site you credit: Station-Drivers, doesn’t seem to have the version you’re promoting here. Not trying to be incredulous but given the environment I’m deploying in a more official looking source for my fix might be more acceptable. Do I just suck at navigating Intel’s site?

@ HornedSalmon:

>Here< is the related thread at Station-Drivers. Only the link at Station-Drivers is broken (and the version at the thread title is wrong).
By the way: All Intel drivers are developed and released by Intel. Unfortunately Intel does not offer all their latest or best drivers at their Download Center.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando).

Yeah I knew they were all developed and released by Intel. I wasn’t thinking anyone else had done that, just super confused why they wouldn’t provide access to more working versions. Particularly confused that Intel has the v3.8.0.1111 driver on their site still but the only way I ever found it there was from a link on this forum so I was wondering if there was a way to navigate to other drivers there as well but it sounds like just a bit of a fluke that page is still up for the v3.8.0.1111 driver?

Within Intel’s Download Center you cannot find any Intel RST drivers except those, who have been especially designed by Intel for their own mainboards. Intel has never published RST drivers for ASUS, ASRock, Gigabyte or MSI mainboards.

Okay I think I get it, thank you. And upon looking into it further I think v4.1.0.1046 WHQL for Win8/8.1/W2k12 was pulled explicitly for lack of compatibility with the x99 chipset. I can verify that they do work and do support trim in a Raid setup on a x79 chipset.

There are new Intel RST(e) drivers v13.6.2.1001 WHQL available at Station-Drivers (look >here<).
After having tested them I will offer these new drivers as soon as possible within the start post.

@ all:

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v13.6.2.1001 WHQL dated 01/27/2015 (shown within the Device Manager as being dated 12/05/2014)
  • new: Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set v13.6.2.1001 WHQL dated 01/29/2015

The included AHCI/RAID drivers are WHQL certified by Microsoft and usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up. Onlys Intel 8- and 9-Series Chipsets are natively fully supported by these drivers.

Meanwhile I have installed the 64bit driver onto my Z97 AHCI system and didn’t yet realize any problem.
According to my first benchmark comparison tests these brandnew Intel RST(e) drivers seem to be better performant than the Intel RST(e) drivers v13.5.2.1000 and v13.6.0.1002. The results will be published within >this< thread.

Have fun with these brandnew Intel AHCI and RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hey Fernando. Just curious are you going to mod the v13.6.2.1001 driver to work on series 7 boards. The 13.5.2.100 modded one you did works well on my sabertooth z77.

Yes, I will offer the related download links within the next hour.

EDIT: Done! Look >here<.

should I use this modded driver on my H77 board currently running 12.9.4.1000 on a 250Gb Samsung EVO with RAPID off

thanks

@ snadge:

It is up to you. Try them and compare the results.

what is it you have modded exactly?

All I do is adding the missing HardwareIDs to the related information files (xyz.inf). The drivers themselves (named xyz.sys) stay untouched.