Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.0.0.1038/ v8.5.0.1592)

The newest drivers are not automaticly the best, especially not with old hardware.

Oh i know, upgrading to a X99 soon but i’m waiting for better USB 3.1 implementations and why not even native Thunderbolt 3 in more models.

I did reinstall the 13.1.0.1058 but i’m actually getting slightly worse performance now, any chance something got “broken” while experimenting with the other drivers ?

No, if you have just installed the “pure” drivers and not installed the complete Drivers & Software Set on top of the other one.

No, if you have just installed the "pure" drivers and not installed the complete Drivers & Software Set on top of the other one.

I did everything by the book but you can never be 100% certain.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) Version 15.2.2.1030 WHQL (Driver Only)

Date & Version: 10/21/2016, 15.2.2.1030

@ all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:
- new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v15.2.2.1030 WHQL dated 10/21/2016

Notes:

• These AHCI/RAID drivers are WHQL certified by Microsoft and usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up.
  • Only Intel 100-Series/C230 Chipsets and Systems with an Intel Skylake CPU are natively supported by these drivers.
  • Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for having published the source package.
  • The related Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v15.2.2.xxxx is not yet available.

Enjoy these new Intel AHCI and RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando

Thanks very much for making these updates available. :slight_smile:

7-Series / C216 / DEV_1E02

Whats the latest drivers that should work for this? System included drivers are v9.3

I tried ones from the modified section as well as here in the unmodified section. however it just causes the system to BSOD and i have to reinstall the OS (2k12R2)
I made it from the latest modified, back to v12.9.4.1000 modified, sans the latest version which I note below, they all BSOD/require reinstall
I noticed in the notes for the unmodified v13.2.8.1002 it said it was the last one for the intel 7 series, but when i try to install driver it comes up as intel 8 series, so im not sure if I should proceed with the install.
As a small note to the above however, I did get it working with the modified v15.2.1.1028 drivers, but it doesn’t show all disks.

Any insight appreciated

The latest Intel RST driver version, which natively fully supports Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controllers (DEV_1E02), is v13.1.0.1058.

I did try that one, but the driver list displayed it as Intel 8 series.
Might as well give it a go at this point!

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded part of the fully quoted post and unneeded blank lines removed (to save space)

After the installation of the Intel RST(e) AHCI driver v13.1.0.1058 WHQL the related Intel SATA AHCI Controller of your 7-Series system with the DeviceID DEV_1E02 should be shown as “Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller”.
If not, you have either taken a wrong driver or your system has not an Intel 7-Series Chipset.

@ all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:
- new: Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v15.2.2.1030 dated 11/04/2016

Notes:

• Only Intel 100-Series/C230 Chipsets and Systems with an Intel Skylake CPU are natively supported by this Drivers & Software Set.
  • Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for having published the source package.

Enjoy it!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello!

Does anyone know where RST stores the scheduler settings (hard drive/registry) on Win7x64 (IntelRST 14.6.0.1029)?

The settings aren’t stored in “%AppData%\Intel Corporation\IAStorUtil” with the other XML-settings files and I cannot find an entry in the Task Scheduler for Windows…

Thanks,
Søren

@a15995 :
Hello Søren,
welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

I am sorry, but I don’t know it.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@ all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v15.0.4.1048 WHQL dated 08/29/2016
  • new: Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v15.0.4.1048 dated 09/07/2016
    Notes: Only Intel 100-Series/C230 Chipsets and Systems with an Intel Skylake CPU are natively supported by these Drivers.
    Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for having published the source package.

Enjoy it!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Fernando, on the readme.txt file in Intel’s download page related to those drivers it is stated also 7- Series chipsets are supported:

source:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa…-Intel-RST-RAID

EDIT by Fernando: To save space I have removed unneeded parts of the quoted text, customized the rest and deleted unneeded blank lines.

This is simply not true. If you open the file iaAHCIC.inf file of any original Intel RST(e) v13.2.4.1000 driver and look for the supported Intel ATA AHCI Controllers, you will see this:

This verifies, that neither Intel 7-Series nor C600 Series Chipsets are natively supported by this Intel RST(e) driver.

Intel obviously had copied and pasted by mistake the link to the readme.txt file, which had been designed for the Intel RST(e) drivers v13.1.0.1058, into the page about the Intel RST(e) drivers v13.2.4.1000.

Hello,

I recently tried to update my Intel RST driver to the latest 15.2.0.1020, but I have the heads parking (clicks) issue described here https://communities.intel.com/thread/53305. I have tried the fix but it had no effect.
I have one SSD and two WD Green in RAID0 on a GA-Z87-D3HP. I have updated the BIOS to the latest F7 and OROMs (thanks to UBU!), from 13.x to 15.1.0.2545 but it also didn’t solve the problem.
Reverting to the 14.8.0.1042 driver fixes the issue, and I have noticed on the respective Intel pages and around here that the 15.2.x branch doesn’t appear to support my chipset.

Is that correct? Should I stick the 14.8 branch? Is that a driver issue?

Thanks

@Djon :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Yes, yes and yes!
If you would have read the start post of this thread, you would know, that the Intel RST(e) v15 platform has exclusively been designed by Intel for the 100- and 200-Series chipsets. Older Intel chipsets up to the 9-Series are not supported by these drivers.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you :slight_smile:

That’s what I thought, but since the driver installed properly I had my doubts.

Should I also downgrade the OROM then? UBU seems to be aware of my chipset but still offered up to 15.1.x.
I haven’t noticed any issues when I’m using the 14.8.x driver, and the BIOS has some nice features.

Thanks