Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

@Damage_Melody :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
If you want help, it is always a good idea to mention the system you are using (required: Chipset, OS and SATA mode) - creating a short personal Signature would be perfect.

1. Run the Device Manager.
    2. Depending on the SATA mode (AHCI/RAID), expand the section "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" (for AHCI) or "Storage Controllers" (for RAID).
    3. Right-click onto the listed AHCI or RAID Controller and choose the options "Update driver software" > "Run my computer" > "Search"
    4. Navigate to the desired unzipped driver files and hit "Continue".
    5. The rest will be done automaticly.
    After the next reboot the OS (which one?) will use the desired Intel AHCI or RAID driver.
    Good luck!
    Dieter (alias Fernando)

Ye I do the same but it fails to work after reboot, not sure why…

@Damage_Melody :
Please give us some information about your system (chipset and OS).
Did you uninstall the previously installed Intel RST Software from within the Control Panel?

@Fernando :
Sorry, looks like this is my fault.
I have Windows 10 2004 with ASUS X HERO (Z370)
Latest driver on my mobo support page is Version 17.5.0.1017 and it works just by driver update in device manager.
For some reason I thought the new one works too. It does but not after second reboot.
I took new driver here and also from new ASUS XII Hero page.
I think Asus is just lazy updating my mobo support page.

So when I use latest 72 (V17881072) or 65 it does not work after second reboot even with RST installation.

So for example:
I have booted with MS driver - update to 72 - it works - reboot - it works - reboot - (!) mark no HDD in My PC and “A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)” message in device manager.
or
If I remove device and delete driver and update it to 72 right away my HDD will be shown in My PC and will be usable, same after reboot, but after second reboot it wont work.

So it’s a bug or this driver is not compatible with my Z370 but for some reason it works once and then it does not.

P.S yes I uninstall RST from CP before updates. But it does not matter same behavior with just driver update via DM

OK I solved the issue.
I rolled back to working version then I decided to check my Autoran setup with Autoran organizer and for some mystery reason the driver name for AHCI was disabled from startup despite working in the same time for old version and not new version.

So basically I did an update as I did 999 times above but with this check enabled in Autoran Manager, I didn’t disable drivers, only .exes like RST so it was disabled and working for old driver but not for new one.
After enabling it and installing new version works fine for now.

@Damage_Melody :
It is fine, that you finally succeeded.
Question: What sort of software is an "Autoran Setup" and "Autoran Organizer"? I have never heard about such tools.

May be interesting, prev.version (17.8.7.1071) popped up on hp ftp:
full package with cmd installer & appx’s in sp102418, just drivers attached here:

intel_rst_17.8.7.1071.rar (3.07 MB)

Hi Dieter,

My system:
MB: MSI Z390 Godlike
CPU: Intel I9 9900K
GPU: nVidia GTX 980 Ti
System drive: 1Tb M2 NVMe Samsung 970 PRO
HDD: 2TB Seagate

I have been using your Intel AHCI drivers for years without any problems and thank you for that!
Last year I changed my system and I’m not sure which Inter RST AHCI driver to use.
On the MSI website at Z390 MB, at UEFI Bios latest update changelog, he tells me that:
"Description
- Update RST driver to 17.5
- Update Microcode. "

“17.5” tells me I can’t use 17.8.1 or newer 17.8.8 ?!
That confuses me a little.
Does it matter if the BIOS has only been updated to 17.5?
I used only driver not driver & software:
last year: 17.5.3.1026
this year: 17.8.1.1066
and for a few days 17.8.8.1072, which seems a bit slower.
I didn’t test the speeds with any program, I say that, it seems so at first sight.
On the M2 I have the original Samsung driver.
At Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller I have the driver by default, I don’t know why?
Which do you think is the fastest for my system?
What driver do you recommend?
I don’t use RAID, I use M2 for OS and HDD for storage work, movies, music.
Thank you for your help!

@Mihai :
Since your on-board Intel SATA Controller is running in AHCI (and not in RAID) mode, you can install the latest Intel RST driver. The version of the Intel RAID BIOS modules don’t matter, because they are not loaded and used at all.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Are these drivers fully compatible with Windows 8.1?
I’m trying to install it onto an NVMe RAID created with “RST Premium” on Z390 (ASUS). The installer just doesn’t see the array.
I updated the RAID ROM to the latest version and tried different versions of drivers: from 16.5 to 17.8. And the array still doesn’t appear in the device list.
Win10 installer detects it immediately on the same system

@doomgod :
AFAIK all Intel RST drivers, which belong to the v16 or v17 platform, do support Win8.1 and Win10.
How did you create the Intel NVMe RAID array? Is it still showing as being "healthy", when you run the Intel RAID Utility?

Where did the Installer search for the array?
The supported device is not the RAID array, but the RAID Controller, which should be listed within the "Storage Controllers" section of the Device Manager.

Which devices are listed within the "Disks" section of the Device Manager?
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I might have been wrong with terms.
I created the RAID0 in UEFI Setup menu. Some screens from there: 1 2 3

I couldn’t install Windows at all since no disks were visible (like this) and nothing appeared after installing the driver. The installation media is Windows 8.1 x64 build 6051499.

It finally worked after I removed all other drives from the system, although it took around 2 minutes to detect the storage.
The other drives are a software RAID of SATA drives and a single NVMe drive, all “non RST controlled”.

@doomgod :
So finally your RAID array obviously has been detected by the Win8.1 Setup.
By the way - it is generally a good idea to unplug all HDDs/SSDs except the designed system drive, if you are going to install an OS.

@Fernando

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) Version 17.9.0.1007 WHQL

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new:
    • 64bit Intel RST AHCI/RAID drivers v17.9.0.1007 WHQL for Win8-10 x64 dated 04/23/2020
    • Intel RST AHCI & RAID Drivers & Software Set v17.9.0.1007 for Win8-10 x64 dated 05/25/2020
Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for the source package.

Enjoy it!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

After I installed this 17.9.0.1007 driver, it knocked out my Samsung SSD controller. Now my 960pro is being controlled by the intel driver and the Samsung NVME controller is no longer listed in my device manager. Is there a way to fix this?

I figured it out, this is really strange.

This 17.9.0.1007 installer actually changed my motherboard’s BIOS settings for NVME control. It changed my NVME devices to be under iRST control, so the Samsung NVME controller was no longer being detected. Reverted the BIOS setting and now my 960pro controller is back.

Very strange, I did not think an Intel installer could change my BIOS settings.

Also, I believe this is a DCH driver now, it installs a UWP intel storage mgmt application, the original one is gone.

All my Samsung NVMe SSDs are seen but now they are automatically handled by Intel v17.9.0.1007, why this ?
why Samsung NVMe drivers are now ignored ?

@djc5166 @100PIER
Thanks for your reports.
Only Intel chipset systems seem to be affected by the NVMe Controller switch after the installation of the latest Intel RST driver (nothing happened here with my AMD chipset system).
By the way - if you want to roll back to the Samsung NVMe Controller, it is not necessary to change the BIOS settings. The NVMe Controller change can easily been reversed by manually updating the listed "Intel(R) NVMe Controller" from within the "Storage Controllers" section of the Device Manager (maybe it has to be forced by hitting the "Have Disk" button.
Most important question:
Which NVMe driver is the better choice for your Samsung NVMe SSD? Is it the Intel RST driver v17.9.0.1007 or any other NVMe driver, which uses the Controller of the specific NVMe SSD?

@Fernando ,
The suggestion to reverse back manually to Samsung NVMe driver instead of Intel v17.9.0.1007 using the Device Manager, Storage Controllers Control panel can’t work.
The device item is not offered !
How to do ?
Here are the screenshots, with a ANVIL test bench for SSD system 970PRO 512GB.

Intel_NVMe_v17.9.0.1007_18juin20.PNG

ANVIL_970PRO_512GB_Intel_NVMe_v17.9.0.1007_18juin20.PNG.jpg

@100PIER :
The Storage Controller situation of your system is more complicated than I thought, because your Intel SATA Controller is running in RAID mode and you have created an Intel RAID0 array.
Questions:
1. Which one of your Disk Drives is your System Drive (contains the OS and the boot sector)?
2. If you compare the current benchmark results of your 512 GB Samsung 970 Pro SSD with those you got with the Samsung NVMe driver, which are better?

EDIT: As I just have realized, it is the 512 GB Samsung 970 Pro SSD. So you may have to temporarily unplug all other disk drives (incl. the RAID array members), before you can try to update the driver software of the NVMe Controller.