Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

Updated to RSTe Drivers v4.0.0.1040 WHQL and no problems so far anyways. (x79 c600)

@ RickSteele:
Thanks for the answers.

That is good news.
Is TRIM working now (at once or after a reboot)?
Which RAID ROM/SataDriver module version is the "Intel(R) C600 Chipset Series SATA RAID Controller" currently using?

RSTe OROM v.3.8.0.1029/RSt EFI module v.13.1.0.2030
and, originally, RSTe driver v.3.8.1.1006 WHQL, now updated to v.4.0.0.1040 WHQL

Yes, will always work with any of the RSTe combinations as long as I slipstream the entire driver file (AHCI and SATA RAID) originally in the fresh install and only after rebooting upon trim initialization, never immediately in the background.

EDIT by Fernando: Quoting and formatting corrected

Zitat von RickSteele im Beitrag #243

RSTe OROM v.3.8.0.1029/RSt EFI module v.13.1.0.2030

Only one of them can be used. Which one is it on your RAID system?

Zitat von RickSteele

Yes, will always work with any of the RSTe combinations as long as I slipstream the entire driver file (AHCI and SATA RAID) originally in the fresh install

What do you mean with "slipstream the entire driver file (AHCI and SATA RAID)"? AHCI and RAID systems are using the exact same driver (iaStor.sys resp. iaStorA.sys), but different INF files. All .SYS, .INF and .CAT files, which are within the related driver folder, belong to the driverpack and should be installed resp. integrated.

Off-topic: Please reduce the size of your signature drastically. It should be possible to specify your most important system details within 2-3 lines. Signatures like yours are blowing up each thread extremely.

Done, is this acceptable?-terribly sorry about that.

Zitat von RickSteele im Beitrag #245

Done, is this acceptable?-terribly sorry about that.

It’s much better than before - thanks!
By the way: You can save much additional space, when you put 2 or 3 system components into the same line.

RSTe OROM v.3.8.0.1029, Driver v4.0.0.1040 WHQL

I mean exactly that; if I do not slipstream the entire driver folder trim will not work, in RAID. This is why I took so long to post this here-because it does not make any sense to me either. I mean everyone on the planet with a x79 sbe motherboard seems to be able to get perfect trim support using just the RSt driver (never mind the RSTe) and only the RAID inf except me. My OS is actuvated and full retail, no abnormal installations; absolutely nothing points me to the why/wherefor that I have to slipstream both AHCI and RAID inf’s to get trim, and, then, only on reboot.
If I use just what I require:

iaStorA.cat
iaStorA.sys
iaStorA.inf

…no trim and nothing but a fresh install with the AHCI inf slipstreamed also will correct it.
Thusly:
iaahci.cat
iaAHCI.inf
iaahcib.cat
iaAHCIB.inf
iastora.cat
iaStorA.inf
iaStorA.sys
iastorb.cat
iaStorB.inf
iaStorB.sys
txtsetup.oem

In AHCI mode trim works perfectly of course using RSt or RSTe and slipstreaming just the AHCI inf; UEFI or Legacy mode.

Zitat von RickSteele im Beitrag #247

RSTe OROM v.3.8.0.1029, Driver v.v4.0.0.1040 WHQL

Thanks for the info. This combination makes sense and should offer you TRIM in RAID0 support.

That is hard to believe. The TRIM support doesn’t depend on any INF or CAT file, but just on the driver (SYS file) itself and - regarding RAID - additionally on the RAID ROM/SataDriver module, which is within the mainboard BIOS.
To be honest I have never split the driver files, which are in the same subfolder, into AHCI and RAID related ones. Furthermore I have never realized, that unneeded files have been overtaken by the OS during the driver installation.

I just recognized that Intel RSTe drivers v12.9.2.1000 are available at Station-Drivers…

http://station-drivers.com/index.php/dow…9.2.1000-WHQL/

regards hanson

@ all:

Update of the Start Post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v12.9.2.1000 WHQL (dated 02/26/2014, suitable for AHCI systems from 5-Series up and for RAID systems from ICH8R/M up except X79)
  • new: Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v12.9.2.1000 WHQL (dated 03/11/2014, usable for AHCI systems from 5-Series up and for RAID systems from ICH8R/M up except X79)

Thanks to Pacman for having found and Station-Drivers for having presented these new Intel RST(e) drivers.

Have fun with the new Intel RST(e) drivers!
Fernando

EDIT:
Meanwhile I have tested the new Intel RST(e) drivers v12.9.2.1000 WHQL with my Z77 AHCI and my Z68 RAID0 system.
You can find the benchmark results >here<.

@ all:

Update of the Start Post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v13.0.1.1000 WHQL (dated 02/26/2014, suitable for AHCI systems from 5-Series up and for RAID systems from ICH8R/M up except X79)
  • new: Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v13.0.1.1000 WHQL (dated 03/13/2014, usable for AHCI systems from 5-Series up and for RAID systems from ICH8R/M up except X79)

Thanks to Pacman for having found and Station-Drivers for having presented these new Intel RST(e) drivers.

Have fun with the new Intel RST(e) drivers!
Fernando

Ah 13.0.1.1000 is FINALLY at the speed of 12.9.0.1001 and 12.9.2.1000 in RAID!!

Tomorrow I will test it with my Z77 RAID0 system.

Tomorrow I will test it with my Z77 RAID0 system.

Meanwhile I have tested these new Intel RST(e) drivers v13.0.1.1000 WHQL with 2 different RAID systems:
  1. Intel Z77 desktop running 2x256 GB Samsung 840 PRO SSDs as RAID0 (look >here<) and
  2. Intel Z68 desktop running 2x128 GB Crucial M4 SSDs as RAID0 (look >here<)

Quite performant aren’t they?! Finlay something close to the 11.2.0.1006 from the RSTe branch!
Oh And I have tested with the OROM 13.1.0.2030, it is even better…

That is interesting.
Usually the Intel RAID OROM/SataDriver version should not be from a higher development branch than the running RAID driver itself, but your finding lets me hope, that the upcoming v13.1 RAID drivers may earn the RAID performance crown.

Lets hope so!

Impressive recommandations before starting from "Classical" drivers to RTS(e) ones!!

Tha’s exactly what i came through back then, when v11.5 showed-up. I didn’t minded it because i was planning a clean OS install straight after.

I can see its still valid recommandations!!!

Anyway, thanks for the lastest IRST(e) results!

I cannot confirm your test results.
Here are the results with my Z77 RAID0 system running the Intel RST(e) driver v13.0.1.1000 WHQL
a) with the Intel EFI SataDriver v13.0.0.2075 (left picture) and v13.1.0.2030 (right picture):

This result confirms my opinion, that any Intel RST/RST(e) driver version matches the best with an Intel OROM/SataDriver version of the same development branch (in this case: v13.0).

Weird, I don’t have saved pictures, but it was slightly better with 13.1.0.2030 but OROM on SF drives. I put my doubt again that there is some difference being OROM or SataDriver?!