Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

If the system performance is better than with the generic MS AHCI driver, I recommend to use the Intel driver.
Maybe the boot delay is caused by the additional SCSI driver named iaStorF.sys.
Which OS are you running?

How can I speedup the boot with the Intel RST?
I think the boot perfomance and others are faster with the Ms Ahci but the benchmarks are better with the Intel RST.

Edit: I installed the MS AHci driver now and the boot ist 2 seconds faster now (7seconds). What I’am also found out, that the shutdown with the Intel RST is faster than the Microsoft one.

Install Win8.1 in UEFI mode and set the "Fast boot" setting within the "BOOT" section of the BIOS to "Very fast" (this is what I can do with my ASRock Z97 mainboard).

My system is installed in UEFI-Mode with MSI Fastboot, Otherwise the system wont start from poweron with post screen in exactly 7 seconds to desktop.

Again: Which OS are you running?

Ohh sorry. Windows 8.1 x64 Update 1

Ok, thanks.
Since Win8 doesn’t install the additional Intel SCSI filter driver named iaStorF.sys, I cannot explain the boot delay.

You can test this install the Windows ms ahci driver an boot up after shutdown and take a stopwatch.
And install the Intel RST and boot up after shutdown with a stopwatch.

How to install the Intel RST right over the device manager? Do you have a tutorial?

I believe you, but I always prefer to install the specific driver developed and provided by the manufacturer of the related SATA Controller.
Please consider, that the MS AHCI driver is part of the OS and doesn’t need any additional INF/CAT files and registry entries.

How i can do this?

What?

I believe you, but I always prefer to install the specific driver developed and provided by the manufacturer of the related SATA Controller.
Please consider, that the MS AHCI driver is part of the OS and doesn’t need any additional INF/CAT files and registry entries.

Consider that the MS AHCI driver is part of the OS and doesn’t need any additional INF/CAT files and registry entries?

This is a fact, which you have to accept.
So you obviously cannot get both (a fast boot and a performant system) and have to decide, which feature is more important for you…

To conclude, i install the Intel RST 13.2.4.1000 and good is it! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much!

@ Fernando, What RST driver should I use with my board X99, I have try the 13 series and it says is not suitable for my board, also try the 4 series and the performance was very poor compare with MS one, oh I see maybe was that I didn’t tick the write cache option and that’s why it gave me 268mb on the write portion.

If you are not satisfied with the currently latest Intel RSTe driver v4.1.0.1046, I recommend to stick with the generic MS AHCI driver until Intel will release a better v4 series RSTe driver.
Btw: Although the Intel C600+/C220+ Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller of your Z99 mainboard is officially not supported by the Intel RST(e) drivers v13 series, you can install them nevertheless, if you force the installation by using the "Have Disk" button.

I will go ahead and do that, but one question Fernan while forcing the installation what folder name in specific should I be looking in the folder? Thanks again guy.

1. Download the 64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI/RAID driver v13.2.4.1000 WHQL from the start post of this thread and unzip it somewhere.
    2. Open the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section of the Device Manager, right click onto the listed "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" and make sure, that it is the Intel SATA AHCI Controller.
    3. Then choose the options "Update Driver Software" and then "Browse my Computer > "Let me pick" > "Have Disk".
    4. Navigate into the folder with the unzipped driver files and choose the file iaAHCIC.inf.
    If you should get offered more than 1 device, choose the "Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller" (DEV_8C82).

Fernando thanks for the guide, but the reason I didn’t got good result with the 4.1 ver. was that after install I didn’t tick the write cache back option, I give it a try the second time around and this time tick the option that mention before and the results are much better, and that was with the Samsung Pro 256gb ver. I assume the 512GB ver. should give a little better performance do to the cache ram internal of the drive, maybe, maybe not. I will let the computer idle for while reset back to MS driver, then give it shoot the your guide to se the difference of the RST 13 series and 4 series of the RST drivers, thanks guy.

hey guy off topic how many days Berlin people got to celebrate the victory against Argentina in soccer @ the world cup champion ship. Are they still drinking BEER for that?

offtopic:

They drink beer at every opportunity.