Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

I deinstalled the Intel RST Driver v13.2.4.1000, because the performance with the MS AHCI driver is also the same with 550MB/s Read and 525MB/s Write. But the computer starts now 2 seconds faster.

And the all-important 4K files are the same too?

@ Richertgay:

This question is obviously addressed to you.
What MDM wants to know is, if the 4K READ and WRITE benchmark results are the same with both AHCI drivers (MS AHCI and Intel RST v13.2.4.1000).

I will test it for you. :slight_smile:

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set v3.8.3.1016 WHQL dated 08/25/2014

This Intel Enterprise Edition package is only usable with Intel C600/C600+ Chipset Series systems like X79 and X99. Supported are all Operating Systems from Windows 7 up.
Thanks to Station-Drivers for having offered the source files.

Enjoy the new Intel RSTe Software v3.8.3.1016!
Fernando

Update: After having done a deeper look into the new Intel RSTe package v3.8.3.1016 WHQL I have realized, that only the RSTe Software has been updated. The included Intel RSTe AHCI/RAID drivers are still v3.8.1.1006 WHQL dated 09/25/2013.

I dony get it. Why did they release v3.8 in two months span after v4.1 ????<br /><br />Edit: Also at station-drivers page:

Edit2: Also in all inf-files:

Intel is/was obviously working on 2 different RSTe development branches (v3.8 and v4.1) simultaneously.
Furthermore Intel may have added the support of X99 and other C600+ Chipset Series to the RSTe v3.8 drivers series.

It is strange that they did not change DriverVer in inf-files.

Edit2: Also in all inf-files:

You are absolutely right: The Intel RSTe drivers have not been updated, only the Intel RSTe Software.
Not only the INF files of the includeed drivers are identical with the Intel RSTe drivers v3.8.1.1006 WHQL, the real drivers (= .SYS files) are identical as well. I have just checked it by using a Hex Editor.

I am sorry about my wrong description, which I have already corrected.

Thank you very much for having your head up and the quick info regarding my mistake!

Hi Fernando!

As I mentioned in the MEI forum, I’m re-installing from scratch with a new mobo (Sabertooth Z77) and was wondering what the best drivers to use for AHCI (non-RAID) currently are?

THANKS! :slight_smile:

The newest Intel RST(e) drivers, which are natively compatible with Z77 AHCI systems, are the v13.1.0.1058 WHQL ones.

Anyone have any idea about the ASMedia drivers and firmware? I have an N951 version firmware file, but the programs to run it (from Station-Drivers) doesn’t run in Win7 x64 :frowning: Can’t get the blasted XHCI Controller to install properly :frowning:

The newest Intel RST(e) drivers, which are natively compatible with Z77 AHCI systems, are the v13.1.0.1058 WHQL ones.

Hi Fernando!

I don’t see a way to install them - when I right-click on the INF files and select INSTALL, I get the message that "The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation" :frowning:

This is the way how to manually install the Intel AHCI driver:

1. Open the Device Manager and expand the section "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers".
  2. Right click onto the listed Intel SATA AHCI Controller (it may be named by the OS "Standard AHCI Controller" or "Standard AHCI 1.0 Seriel ATA Controller") and choose the option "Update Driver Software".
  3. Choose the option "Browse my Computer…".
  4. Navigate to the folder containing the AHCI driver you want to install.
  5. If the driver is WHQL certified and newer than the current one, the OS will take it automaticly. Otherwise choose the option "Let me pick…" > "Have Disk" and navigate to the suitable INF file (in your case: iaAHCIC.inf).
  6. Let the OS install the driver.
  7. After the next reboot the OS will use the just installed new driver.

Hi!

I have a small problem, that I should revert from iRST 11.7 to some 10.xxxx. The problem is that my ThinkPad T500 does not let me safe remove the ultrabay caddy hdd. HDD keeps, spinning, the ultrabay led is still lighted up.

Previously I had BSOD problems with my Intel 520 ssd, those went away with tha latest driver: for this I found the “latest” driver on the intel website. Was not the latest, but the latest available by them. (They only listed this 11. blabla, had no 10.etc like drivers. Only your site has them…)

I tried you modded drivers too, they still not let me remove the caddy.

Had previously installed the Matrix Storage, that did not support the TRIM… So now I do not have the RST software installed, but had before…

Can I revert somehow without messing up the whole system as you mentioned in your thread here?

*Or should I follow this thread first: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Rapid-Storage-11-5a-Bugs-and-removal-notes

First revert to Microsoft AHCI (random BSODs, but worked before, annoying though), do the aforementioned procedure than install a 10.xx driver from your links?

Thank you!

@ csubuka:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

What lets you think, that only a "downgrade" of the Intel AHCI driver version will solve your problem?

You can replace the v11.7 RST(e) driver by any RST driver to v11.2.0.1006 up without messing up your system, but after having done that I recommend to look at the iaStorF.sys entries and - if applicable - follow Squall Leonhart’s advices.
By the way: This is only valid for Windows 7, not for Windows 8, because Win8 doesn’t install/use the SCSI filter driver at all.

If I were you, I wouldn’t install any Intel RST driver of the v10 series. I would take the v11.2.0.1006 WHQL.

Regards
Fernando

Thank you very much for your answer.

Well upgrade did not solve my problem, so only downgrade can possibly. With basic Windows drivers I was able to safe removethe caddy hdd, but now it is not possible anymore (after starting to use IRST drivers). Never tried Matrix Storage for this function, since it did not have any TRIM function for my Intel 520… that is absolutely necessary for me. Even more than caddy safe remove.

Other gys I know with thinkpads have the safe remove feature with some of the iRST drivers… so some should work perfectly… Will try your suggestion now…

*What else could cause problems like this? I can not see any chipset driver I installled in the Control Panel… just installed the VGA and other parts like modem, gigabit lan etc…

Regards and thanks

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted text removed (to save space and Forum performance)

@ csubuka:

There is a tool, which may let you “safely remove” your caddy HDD without changing your currently running Intel RST driver.
Its name is “HotSwap!” and you can get it >here<.

Ok, I now it, but it was natively supported before in WIndows with Thinkpad machines. Now it is working again with the 11.2 driver… Thanks, great thread you got here!

You are welcome!