Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

@ charliejoe:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Questions:
1. What sort of chipset has your mainboard?
2. With which SATA mode (AHCI/RAID) is your on-board Intel SATA Controller running?
General advice:
Before you install any new Intel RST/RST(e) Drivers & Software Set, you should uninstall the previously used one from within the Control Panel ("Add/Remove Programs").

Uninstall the "Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology" software from within the Control Panel, reboot and reinstall the desired Intel RST Drivers & Software Set.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

The drivers work. It’s the console that seems to run but doesn’t display anything. I don’t think it’s because of the drivers. BTW, is there any other way I can tell the status of the RAID without the console? To see if any of the drives are bad?

The Intel RST Software (incl. the RST Console) requires .NET Framework v3.5 for a proper usage. The .NET Framework v3.5 has to be installed as additional MS feature (look into the Control Panel > "Programs"), before you are going to install the Intel RST Software.
This is the best order:
1. Uninstall your currently running Intel RST Software from within the Control Panel.
2. Install .NET Framework 3.5.
3. Reboot.
4. Install the desired Intel RST Drivers & Software Set.
5. Reboot.
6. Run the Intel RST Console Software.

Yes, you will get access to the Intel RAID Utility either by hitting CTRL+I while (re)booting or by entering the BIOS and opening the "Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology" tab. The available option depends on the sort (LEGACY/UEFI mode) of your BIOS settings.

I installed mine from the supermicro site. It’s the same driver version as I am using a supermicro X10SLL-F motherboard.
I’ve been having regular BSOD crashes though that have to do with the iaStor driver. I’m thinking maybe I should downgrade the driver then.
The ROM I have for the IRSTe is SATA Option ROM - 3.7.0.1049 - what version of the drivers do you think I should use instead?

@ charliejoe:

Without knowing the chipset of your PC and the SATA mode of your system drive I cannot give you any recommendations regarding the Intel RST drivers.

Its the C220 chipset. The system drive is the Raid 1 drive. That’s all I have on the machine, 2 1TB drives in raid 1.

Thanks for the response.
It is hard to believe, that your mainboard has an Intel 8-Series/C220 chipset, but within the BIOS an Intel RAID ROM v3.7.0.1049, which is typical for C600 Series Chipsets.
Please give me the name of your mainboard. Then I can look for the details at the website of the manufacturer.

I wrote it above: X10SLL-F motherboard

Ok, I found it at the Super Micro sites.
Your mainboard has an Intel C222 Chipset and not a C220 as you had written.
Super Micro recommends for your mainboard to take the Intel RSTe RAID driver v4.1.0.1046/1047 (look >here<).
If you should have problems with the v4.1.0.1046 driver, I recommend to install the Intel RSTe driver v3.8.1.1006.

Thanks, I downgraded the driver to the one you recommended. That one is stable right?
I saw that you pulled the new ones actually, as Intel admitted there were bugs.

Yes, they seem to be more stable than the v4.1 ones.

The OP v14.0.0.1095 is still beta? A few days ago they had the beta name in it, but after the last revision update it looks like it’s final…

Since the Intel RST(e) drivers v14.0.0.1095 are not WHQL certified, they are obviously not finally released.
Since these drivers were leaked and not released by Intel or a mainboard manufacturer, we don’t know, whether they are Beta (Pre-Release) drivers or will be finally released by Intel after having gotten the WHQL stamp.

Since Station-Drivers has published today new Intel RSTe drivers v4.2.0.1136 WHQL and the related RSTe Software v4.2.0.1143 (big thanks for that!), I have just updated the start post of this thread.

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RSTe drivers v4.2.0.1136 WHQL for Win7/W2k3 dated 02/12/2015
  • new: 32/64bit Intel RSTe drivers v4.2.0.1136 WHQL for Win8/W2k12 dated 02/12/2015
  • new: Complete Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set v4.2.0.1143 WHQL dated 03/04/2015

These Intel Enterprise Edition packages are only usable with Intel C600 Chipset Series systems like X79 and X99. Supported are all Operating Systems from Windows Server 2003 up.

Enjoy the new Intel RSTe AHCI/RAID drivers and the complete Drivers & Software Set!
Fernando

Hello Fernando.

I want to ask you what IRST driver recommended for my system:

-MoBo Asus RVE
-I7-5930k
-16 Gb Ram
- 3 SSD Raid 0

Actually I already have installed 13.6.0.1002, and on the task bar it doesn’t show the system active (with the tick), so I was thinking on reinstall or change it.
I will appreciate so much!

Cheers!

@ Clefrigh:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

If you want help, please let me know the Chipset of your mainboard and the OS you Are running.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you for your answer.

The support page from manufacturer says: Chipset Intel® X99 and the OS is Windows 8.1

Thank you in advance!

@ Clefrigh:

AFAIK the v13.1.0.1058 drivers are the only RST drivers, which natively do support X99 chipset AHCI systems.
That is why I recommend to install them, if you want to avoid any RSTe v4.x.x.xxxxx driver.
Procedure:
Since the Intekl RST and RSTe Software requires .NET Framework 3.0, you have to make sure, that this feature has been already installed. If not, you should add it by using the "Programs/Add Features" option of the Control Panel.
Furthermore it is not a good idia to install any Intel RST/RSTe Software on top of another version. So it is a good idea to uninstall thew formerly used Intel RST Software by using the "Add/remove Software" optiuon, before you are going to install the "Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v13.1.0.1058 WHQL".

I already install the version that you recommend, but sadly it doesn’t resolve the problem on the icon tray, it still show the same and says that the program is not en execution.

What else could be?.

Intel` own support. They can tell you what to try, where to look.