Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

@ Safado;
This is the thread about original Intel RST/RSTe drivers, If you have questions about modded Intel RST/RSTe drivers, please post them >here<.
By the way: Why do you want to install a modded Intel RAID driver at all? Nearly all Intel RAID systems are natively supported by the original Intel RAID drivers.

Yes, you cannot load any modded driver at the beginning of the Win8/8.1 installation.
If you want to get a modded driver installed onto Win8/8.1/10, you have to do it after the OS installation is completed according to >this< guide.
Then you can install the related RST Software as well.

There are at least 2 options to get any Intel RST(e) RAID driver v13.x.x.xxxx installeed onto an X99 RAID system:
a) You set the Intel SATA RAID Controller to "RST" within the BIOS (this option requires to BIOS ability to switch the DeviceID from DEV_2826 to DEV_2822).
b) The other option is to install an Intel RST(e) RAID driver v13.x.x.xxxx, which has been modified by me. You can find them >here<. In this case you will use the original DeviceID (DEV_2826) of your on-board Intel SATA RAID Controller.

Fernando: You are really giving me a headache. You are asking me WHY I should install your modded RAID drivers when you actually mentioned me that I can actually do that.
I just need to know which drivers I NEED to use when I am about to use RAID 0 on a X99 chipset system.

If you see my previous post, you will see that YOU mentioned that I could use your modded RAID drives. TBH, I dont really trust you because you seem to not knowing what you are talking about.

Do you really expect, that I read all your previous posts, before I answer to the last one?
What about a signature? This would make it much easier for me to give an appropriate answer depending on the individual hardware configuration.

The answer depends on your BIOS settings regarding the Intel SATA RAID Controller (RSTe or RST).

If you don’t trust me, why do you ask me for help?
You should better ask ASUS.

are this drivers support notebooks ?

how to update the driver from device manager ?

really just for desktop ? i’ve installed it to my notebook
can ı live any problem ?

really just for desktop ? i’ve installed it to my notebook
can ı live any problem ?

No, these drivers are suitable for Intel 7-9 Series Chipset Mobile systems as well. I have just corrected the related sentence within the start post.

If you don’t trust me, why do you ask me for help?
You should better ask ASUS.

I have asked ASUS and they have told me that I need to use the drivers that are uploaded in their website, however I believe that those drivers wont allow me to have TRIM on a RAID 0 setup.
"Intel AHCI/RAID Driver Path for Windows Win7 32bit & Win7 64bit & Win8 32bit & Win8 64bit & Win8.1 32bit & Win8.1 64bit.
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver software V13.1.0.1058 for Windows Win7 64bit & Win8 64bit & Win8.1 64bit—(WHQL).
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver software V13.1.0.1058 for Windows Win7 32bit & Win8 32bit & Win8.1 32bit—(WHQL)."

How can I find if I need either the RSTe or RST?

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded quoted text deleted (to save space)

Enter the BIOS, set the Intel SATA Controller to "RAID", reboot and check the version of the Intel RAID Utility. If it should be v3.x.x.xxxx or v4.x.x.xxxx, you will need RSTe drivers.
Alternatively you should wait for help from a person, whome you trust.

Hello I have a few questions, what means “Best matching Intel RAID ROM/EFI BIOS modules:”, do I need to update UEFI BIOS for RST update?

Also I read in OP that RST software is not necessary, and I always like to keep my PC clean with the bare minimum software and services installed, but today I experienced an issue where my Hot Swap HDD wouldn’t be recognized right away until I reboot the system. I read here that it’s solved by installing the RST software, can you confirm me on this?

I’m also wondering why Intel is not offering many of these newer drivers? (ie. v13.6.2.1001)

@ Dogway:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

You don’t need to do it, but if you want the best results, you should do it.

No.

Intel is the most busiest of all chipset manufacturers regarding the development of new AHCI/RAID drivers.
On the other hand: Do you want newer or better drivers? If the latest drivers are already perfect, why should Intel develop new ones?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello Fernando, I couldn’t understand barely any of the responses.

1) Do you mean that for RST a BIOS update is not mandatory but that I can update regardless? I say this because I don’t like updating BIOS if there isn’t a strict need. A clear benchmarked performance gain can be considered a good excuse to update, not sure if that’s what you mean.

2) RST software not necessary or you can’t confirm?

3) I don’t understand what you mean. Are you implying that RST v13.6.2.1001 doesn’t officially exist? I guess what I am asking is what are the latest Intel RST drivers? On the Intel web I only find RAID drivers and not even the versions listed here. The way you worded it made me think you are posting both official and modded drivers, for example:
Notes: These drivers are dated 01/27/2015 (shown as being dated 12/05/2014), WHQL certified and usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up. Only Intel 8- and 9-Series Chipsets are natively fully supported by these drivers. Users with an older Intel chipset, who want to get them installed, may try the modded version I am offering >here<.

Yes. Anyway an update of the BIOS regarding Intel RST only makes sense for Intel systems, which are running in RAID mode.

The Intel RST Software is not necessary, especially not for Intel systems, which are running in AHCI mode.

All Intel AHCI and RAID drivers, which are offered within the start post of this thread, are untouched drivers, which were developed and released by Intel. The latest Intel RST drivers are the v13.6.2.1001 WHQL.

I repeat: All drivers, which are listed within the start post of this thread, were created by Intel and released to the mainboard manufacturers.
You should ask Intel, why not all of them (especially not the newest) are offered within the Intel Download Center. They exist nevertheless and some of them are running better than those, which are presented on Intel’s web sites.
By the way: Until last year Intel was a manufacturer of their own mainboards. The chipset and AHCI/RAID drivers, which are offered at the Intel Download Center, are mainly designed for Intel mainboards and not for mainboards/systems from other manufacturers.

I understand… so this is not like going to your nvidia web and downloading the latest drivers, this is more like going to your graphic card manufacturer (ie evga) web and downloading from there the video drivers… strange practices to be honest…

On the ASUS web the top RST driver for my Gryphon Z87 is v12.8. The reason I asked for official latest versions is because to fix hotswapping I need the software (or so it seems), but you don’t include them with the drivers.

Thanks for help.

@ all:

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v14.0.0.1095 dated 02/03/2015
  • new: Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set v14.0.0.1095 dated 02/25/2015

The included AHCI/RAID drivers are digitally signed by Intel and usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up. Only Intel 8-, 9- and the upcoming 100-Series Chipsets are natively fully supported by these drivers.

Meanwhile I have installed the 64bit driver onto my Z97 AHCI system and didn’t yet realize any problem:

Intel RST v14.0.0.1095 driver details.png

A benchmark comparison test in AHCI and RAID0 mode will be done by me as soon as possible (if nobody else should do it earlier). The results will be published within >this< thread.

Have fun with these brandnew Intel AHCI and RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you. Will install right off the bat.

Actually this morning I installed v13.6 and did a test and hotswap worked again. I only could install it in the entry inside the “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller”, others like in the “Serial Bus Controller” section won’t update.

The Intel SATA AHCI Controller, which is using the Intel AHCI driver, is always listed within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section, whereas RAID users will find the Intel SATA RAID Controller within the "Storage Controllers" section of the Device Manager.
Intel’s RST/RSTe drivers have nothing to do with Intel’s SMBus Controller, which doesn’t use/need any driver (just an INF file).

I installed the drivers on console on windows 7 x64. For some reason when I run the console I don’t see anything. It is just a window that’s empty (background). Any idea what to do?

I am also now using Intel RST(e) RAID ROM 14.0.0.2198 on my Asus Rampage V Extreme without any issues.

I have tried the Intel(R) RST/RSTe Drivers 14.x beta drivers in RAID 0 mode without any issues. I am
still primary using the RST/RSTe 13.x Drivers for now until the Intel(R) RST/RSTe 14.x Drivers comes
out of beta and are released as Final WHQL.

I am successfully using both 14.x RST and OROM (SataDriver) on my Z77 RAID.
Performance similar to latest 13.x.