Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

It’s… just… REALLY??? Damn… I was really sure for a sec that you’re screweing me around :D. Serioulsy. Sorry about that. So, it’s only a banch of text instuctions to make that yellow exclamation mark dissapear? Btw. Yes, I got this thing (yellow mark) still on in Device Manager. Do I have to install this "driver" then anyway to make it dissapear (just for a peace of mind) or there’s no need and I sholud/can leave it that way?

I’ve downloaded both since I have no idea that I need that extra "Software Set"

After installing Intel RST AHCI/RAID Drivers & Software Set v11.2.0.1006 WHQL nothing have really happened, so I ty with 64bit Intel RST AHCI/RAID Driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL (non-Software) installator ask me to restart the system, and after that all drives start to pop out on the desktop. That’s ok, right?

Yes, and to give the device a name with "Intel" in it.

Whatever you do, it doesn’t have any influence on your system’s performance or stability.

Ok, thanks again for reply.
Then the last question. Im about to set up a new rig, totally new system with Z97 on it. Standard drivers on motherboard (Asus again) site are ok or better yours? If yes - which one?

For a brandnew Intel Chipset I recommend to install one of the latest Intel AHCI drivers from the v13 or v14 series.

Z97 it’s not in fact "brand new". Not like Z79 or X99 anyway. If (after installation) one of then (x13 or v14) occur to be unstable, is it a problem to uninstall and swap/downgrade the driver form lower or higher or higher to lower?
EDIT: Now I see you got Z97 based Asrock Extreme6. Which one works for you?

The Z97 Chipset is much newer than the X79 Chipset, which belongs to the Intel 6-Series Chipsets.

Yes.

Currently I am running the brandnew Intel RST(e) driver v14.5.2.1088.

True. I’ve mix the facts.

I think it’s all. Dunno that all German ppl are like you but… You’ve been VERY, VERY helpful and man… you’re person of ENORMOUS, a BROBDINGNAGIAN amount of patience to stand that kind of software newbie like me :slight_smile: Thanks a lot and have a nice night.
In time of waiting for your reply I’ve been reading all the stuff I’ve found on this forum. I’ll definitely recommend this forum to anyone who’s unclear and got problems with Intel drivers because it’s the greatest repository of knowledge about this stuff. Stay on that course and keep on rockin’

Hi everyone, i’ve found this forum and i think that it’s greate!

I’ve a question: which is the best RST driver for Z77 under windows 10 currently? Thank you!

@ graphixillusion:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

It depends an the SATA mode you are running, but I suspect, that it is "AHCI".
Since I have given away my Z77 mainboard before Win10 Final was available, I cannot answer your question on the basis of own test results. Nevertheless I recommend to take the Intel RST(e) driver v13.1.0.1058 WHQL. This is a very good driver and the last one, which fully supports Intel 7-Series Chipsets.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I’m running into RAID mode.

Ok, in this case things are more complicated, because you will get the Win10 in-box Intel RAID driver v13.2.0.1022 automaticly installed and may run into problems, if you try to "downgrade" the driver version.
Have you created a RAID array? If yes, which sort?

Has anybody tested the newest releases of RST drivers 14.5.0.1081 and 14.5.2.1088 to see if they’ve finally fixed the crashing and hanging issue when running in RAID 0 on older chipsets, pacifically when running an older OS than Windows 10?

I still didn’t update to Windows 10 yet. Btw my storage setup is:

1) single ssd for primary drive
2) 2*500GB HDD in RAID-0

You would be the first, if you do the tests.
Although it doesn’t answer your specific question, but I just have completed a brandnew benchmark comparison test using my Z97 system running Win10 x64 final in AHCI mode. The newest Intel RST(e) drivers v14.0.0.1041 and v14.5.2.1088 were included.

This is a rather unusual combination. Anyway you cannot do much wrong, if you wait with the installation of any other Intel RST driver until you are sure, that you want to replace the in-box driver v13.2.0.1022 by another version.
The Intel RST(e) driver v13.1.0.1058 WHQL is a good alternative.

14.5.0.1081 crashes and hangs Windows 10 with my Z68 chipset (2x SSD @RAID0 and 2x HDD @RAID0)

EDIT: Think I might follow Fernando’s suggestion. I’ve installed the old RST 11.7 yesterday and so far no problems.

@ FatBoyNL:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your contribution!
OT: As far as I remember, we already met each other within another Forum (maybe at HardForum?).

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I have just gave the RST drivers 14.5.0.1081 and 14.5.2.1088 a test on my X99 platform running in RAID 0 and the RST drivers 14.5.0.1081 seems to crash and hang the system
as usual with the 14x drivers. I havent had a crash or hang yet from my system with the RST drivers 14.5.2.1088. I havent updated the Intel RAID ROM yet to the latest 14x
version. I am still using the Intel RAID ROM v13.5.0.2164. The RST 14x drivers I usually get a crash or hang no matter what Intel RAID ROM version I am using. Since the
RST drivers 14.5.2.1088 hasn’t crashed or hang the system for me yet is a good sign and that they should also work fine in RAID 0 even with the latest Intel RAID ROM version 14x.

It would be nice to hear from other users if the RST drivers 14.5.2.1088 are working fine for them too as well when running in RAID 0.

I am running Windows 7 x64.

@ sinders:
Thanks for your report.
When I will have the needed time, I will test next week the newest v14 RST(e) and some other Intel RAID drivers with my Z97 system running Win10 x64 final.

@ all:
Today I have done a completely new AHCI driver comparison test while running Win10 x64 final. The results, which were somehow surprising for me, can be found >here<.

I have done some further testing and the RST drivers v14.5.2.1088 in combination with Intel RAID ROM/EFI BIOS modules v14.5.0.2241 seems to be working just fine on my X99 platform running in RAID 0 on
Windows 7 x64. No system crashes or hangs like the previous 14x RST drivers for me. It seems like this set is ok when running in RAID 0 thought further testing will need to be done on other chipsets and
Windows OS to conclude where this set does indeed fix the RAID 0 issue that all other previous 14x RST drivers sets had suffered from and so they are safe to be used on RAID 0 systems.

Hi all

Could someone please suggest what driver version should I install for Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller? Cause I must admit I am confused by all development branches and release dates. Also, should I install both iastorA.sys and iastorF.sys or just one of them? As I understood I don’t need the whole iRST software package since i use AHCI mode, right?

Thanks