Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

In this case it is a bug of Win10.

This newest version really outperforms the previous ones.
Thanks for sharing!

In this case it is a bug of Win10.

It isn’t, I got the problem since Windows 8/RST 13.x. The only OS that I didn’t tested is Win7.
I’ll try soon when I can.

Been awhile since I’ve played around…

Am I meant to remove RST GUI after install / setup on an AHCI setup by uninstall RST method? That still leaves the driver itself?

Yes and yes!
For AHCI users I recommend to install just the driver from within the Device Manager instead of running the installer of the Drivers & Software Set.

ok great thanks, done.

I need to know whats the best Intel RST for ROM 14.5.0.2241 for RAID1 on Windows 10 x64.
I used version 14.5.0.1081 for a few days but was a freeze fest so I uninstalled it.
Thanks in advance!

PS: I use a DELL XPS2720 with Intel H87.

The currently available Intel RST drivers of the v14 series seem to be not the best choice for RAID systems.
That is why I recommend to use an Intel RAID driver of the v13 series and put the best matching Intel RAID ROM/EFI module into the mainboard BIOS. For details pleas look into the start post of >this< thread.

I can’t change the ROM.
What’s the best choice for current ROM?

You may try the Intel RST(e) driver v14.5.2.1088. It is better (more stable) than the v14.5.0.1081 driver.

What about Advanced Power Management Issues > Its been fixed ?

@ Marcin_89:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

To whom did you address your question and which “Advanced Power Management issue” do you mean?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hey Fernando!

I just need a guide for my fresh Win10 installation.
My system: Sabertooth Z77, 2x 520 SSD Raid 0 @ 13.1 RST

Know i want to install the 11.2 Raid0 rom and driver.
Already did the integration of 11.2 with nlite and removed 13.2 from the installation medium (13.2 is the standard win 10 driver)

know my question: how can i get 11.2 raid rom? Ubu Tool still no offers the rom and i’m too newbie to mod my bios myself :frowning:

thank you ! :slight_smile:

To whom did you address your question and which "Advanced Power Management issue" do you mean?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

This:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/53305

You have to do it manually by using the AMI Aptio UEFI MMTool according >this< guide.

Thanks for the clarification and the link!

Thank you for ur answer fernando! :slight_smile:

Just checked the IrST modded Trim raid0 for 6 series option … there is the 11.2 rom … but modded for 6 series… do i have any benefits when i use it on my z77 mainboard? If not: do i have to use the modded 11.2 drivers either with thar rom?

good night guys :slight_smile:

No, Z77 systems are natively supported by the TRIM in RAID0 feature.

No, you can use the original, WHQL certified Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006.

Good evening fernando :slight_smile:

so i can use the ubu irst modded 11.2 rom for 6 serien even with my z77 board without problems / performance decreases? (then i don’t have to mod the bios) :wink:

Probably yes. Nevertheless I would insert the original Intel RAID ROM module, because it is very easy to do it manually.

Ok… maybe a dumb question: but how do i install the RSTe drivers instead of the normal RST drivers which get automatically installed. I could not find any information regarding this…